High school Politics

What do you tell your son that runs the fastest 40 and outlifts 90 percent of the team. When the head coach who picks the money and friends boys over him to play? My son who I think is a good hb prospect or slot receiver at only 5-9 158 runs as timed by them a 4.6 forty benches 285 presses 195 overhead press and squats 390 at 16 yrs old. When given the chance to run the ball he rips off big runs in JV last year.This is sitting behindthe friends boy. Now they bring in the neighbors kid who`s dad donated a bunch of money to the fieldhouse to step above him. Oh yeah he`s a freshman to boot. He loves football ,but is it worth it ? I wonder how many guys get screwed out of football careers by coaches sons or friends and money?Smalltown football at its best :thumbsup:

What do you tell your son that runs the fastest 40 and outlifts 90 percent of the team. When the head coach who picks the money and friends boys over him to play? My son who I think is a good hb prospect or slot receiver at only 5-9 158 runs as timed by them a 4.6 forty benches 285 presses 195 overhead press and squats 390 at 16 yrs old. When given the chance to run the ball he rips off big runs in JV last year.This is sitting behindthe friends boy. Now they bring in the neighbors kid who`s dad donated a bunch of money to the fieldhouse to step above him. Oh yeah he`s a freshman to boot. He loves football ,but is it worth it ? I wonder how many guys get screwed out of football careers by coaches sons or friends and money?Smalltown football at its best :thumbsup:

Lots. Not just in foosball either.

Tell your son not to play the victim. At the start of my junior year, I lost my starting job. So I just moped around and went half ass in practice. Finally one day I decided that I would jsut bust my @ss and should the coach I deserved to play. The bottomline is every coach wants to win. If your son becomes a terror in practice, some coach will notice.

And even if he doesn't, if your son really believes he has the skills to play at the next level, jsut because he didn't play in high school, he could still walk on someone in college. Since he's a walk on, he will be behind a bit. but there are plenty of guys who went from walk on to key player. Good luck and don't ever play the victim.