Agua

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we aren't stupid enough.

Polian on whether Tebow will play QB in the NFL:

"I honestly don't know," replied Indianapolis President Bill Polian. "There's such a long way to go. Would I stake my job on it? The answer is no. I don't know that he would become a quarterback."

There's a new blurb on ESPN Insider that Bills are interested in Tebow. Anybody get insider?

If Clausen is on the board at pick 9, I hope its him...

I hope Spiller is off the board at pick 9. I also hope some team takes a gamble on OT Davis from Rutgers and Bryan Bulaga before our pick as well. I have been hearing alot more negatives on Bulaga lately than positives. Seems like most are saying he's only a RT in the NFL and not worth a top 10 pick. Davis has too many character and inconsistent motor question marks.. he almost sounds like version 2 of Mike Williams... LOTS of potential of being a Pro Bowler for many years but seems to lack interest and is lazy. I like Spiller, he's going to be a great player and Pro Bowl RB BUT i don't believe in taking a RB in the top 15 in the draft when its arguably the easiest position to fill.

There are so many options of where the Bills pick this year, that we have NO CLUE what so ever who the pick will be. BUT I would not draft Tim Tebow #9 overall ESPECIALLY if Jimmy Clausen is still on the Board. If we want Tim Tebow really bad then we should try to move back into the first round ahead of the Minnesota Vikings pick. Tebow should not be drafted in the top 25 and I hope to god that we arent the team to pull the trigger on him early. BUT I really would be shocked if we passed on Jimmy Clausen if he fell to #9. He is the most NFL ready QB of this draft. I would be especially mad if we selected Spiller over Clausen.

I think there are 4 players the would be on the board and worth the Bills pick at #9... Jimmy Clausen (QB), Derrick Morgan (OLB- in the 3-4), Dan Williams (NT) or Trent Williams (OT); and the only reaches I would probably accept would be Sergio Kindle (OLB) or Mike Iupati (OG/OT).

But this is going to be a very interesting draft... way to many different ways this can go. Im kinda excited

"I honestly don't know," replied Indianapolis President Bill Polian. "There's such a long way to go. Would I stake my job on it? The answer is no. I don't know that he would become a quarterback."

If it was my first year as a GM in the NFL, I don't know if I could make a selection, especially involving a franchise QB hopeful, with so many question marks.

If it was my first year as a GM in the NFL, I don't know if I could make a selection, especially involving a franchise QB hopeful, with so many question marks.

but then again, Nix is 70 years old and does not need to position himself for future long term employment.

If Tebow turns out, Nix is a god; if not, he goes back to retirement

he can make the risky pick if he so chooses

Well Buddy Nix has only a few years anyway. The guy is beyond retirement age already. I have faith that Buddy knows football talent. If it's Tebow then its Tebow. Like Buddy says, look at the resume. If Tebow is so bad then how did he win all those games? You can be the most physically gifted QB on the planet but if you don't have the will to win and be the best, what does it get you?

PTR

Well Buddy Nix has only a few years anyway. The guy is beyond retirement age already. I have faith that Buddy knows football talent. If it's Tebow then its Tebow. Like Buddy says, look at the resume. If Tebow is so bad then how did he win all those games? You can be the most physically gifted QB on the planet but if you don't have the will to win and be the best, what does it get you?

PTR

Winning in college means nothing for NFL success. It's not going to help Tebow hit NFL-sized windows.

but then again, Nix is 70 years old and does not need to position himself for future long term employment.

If Tebow turns out, Nix is a god; if not, he goes back to retirement

he can make the risky pick if he so chooses

You're right. There has to be some risks taken in the draft and, with Tebow, I think the risk isn't as large as a lot of people think it is. I love his intangibles, and me personally, would love to have a player like him on this football team.

However, when you hear guys like Polian, who are the best in the business at evaluating football talent, say they wouldn't risk their job by selecting Tebow with hopes of him becoming your future franchise QB, it would make me less comfortable making that selection.

I would like to know where you got that quote... Do you have a link?

Because thats the first time I have heard that...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/91140969.html

16 of 21 NFL scouts/FO members thought Tebow would not be an NFL QB. That's why he is too risky for the Bills to pick.

Thanks, I didn't see that before.

Like i said in my above post, I dont think Tebow should be taken in the top 25 at all... And I hope to god we don't take him at #9. If we are going to take him, do it in the second or if they really really want him trade back into the first ahead of Minnesota. But if Clausen is there at #9, I hope we dont pass on him for Spiller or a risk pick like Davis (OT- Rutgers) or for a player like Bryan Bulaga who alot of people claim to be overrated and possibly only a RT in the NFL.

PTR

See Jeff George etal...

Good reporting. The story makes a very interesting point about next year's QB class, which seems as if it will be leagues better than this one.

Yup. Goes back to the question: If the Bills aren't convinced that anyone available at #9 is a legit "franchise quarterback," would they be further ahead by letting the current crop muddle through this season, building the team at other positions, and targeting someone they like better next April?

I don't think Tebow goes in round 1. If you guys can get in him in 2 or 3, you'd be crazy not to.

If Buddy grabs Tebow at #9, if we trust what he has been saying, he thinks the guy can play from day one and start. I don't get the feeling that's the case. I'm beginning to believe he'll go defense first and/or trade down from #9. We need a NT and if he rates Dan Williams that highly, he'll have a two-fer. Grab the NT we need and keep him away from Miami.