What are the chances the Bills trade down in the 1st round?

LGB

If the Bills are interested in a second round pick for Marshawn Lynch

One possibility:

The Bills trade down 4 spots with San Francisco to the number 13 spot– plus give up Marshawn Lynch for San Francisco’s second round pick. The Bills could still hope to take Trent Williams or Anthony Davis in the first and would gain the 17th pick in the second round – saying goodbye to Lynch. San Francisco would then have the 9th and 17th overall picks in 2010.

Another chance?

Seattle seems to be in the mix for Lynch and the Bills might look at trading for their second round pick, but Seattle’s second rounder isn’t until pick 28 - which is a lot closer to being a third round pick than the 49er’s solid number 17.

Here is a link for this year's draft order for each team - as it stands right now…

One possibility:

The Bills trade down 4 spots with San Francisco to the number 13 spot– plus give up Marshawn Lynch for San Francisco’s second round pick. The Bills could still hope to take Trent Williams or Anthony Davis in the first and would gain the 17th pick in the second round – saying goodbye to Lynch. San Francisco would then have the 9th and 17th overall picks in 2010.

Here is a link for this year's draft order for each team - as it stands right now…[/url]

You are being FAR too generous imo. Once again, in 2001, the Bills picked up a 2nd round pick for trading down from 14 to 21. The 9th pick is obviously more coveted than the 14th.

Sometimes the draft charts are not relevant. When a team really wants a player they will give up a ton. If the 49ers really want our #9 we should get it from them without giving up Lynch.

Jmo.

You are being FAR too generous imo. Once again, in 2001, the Bills picked up a 2nd round pick for trading down from 14 to 21. The 9th pick is obviously more coveted than the 14th.

Sometimes the draft charts are not relevant. When a team really wants a player they will give up a ton. If the 49ers really want our #9 we should get it from them without giving up Lynch.

Jmo.

How about both? We drop 9 to 17 for San Fran's pick and get their 2nd rounder (400 vs 410).

Then ship Lynch to Seattle for their 2nd. It creates a hole at RB, but we would have 3 2nd rounders. I can dream, can't I?

How about both? We drop 9 to 17 for San Fran's pick and get their 2nd rounder (400 vs 410).

Then ship Lynch to Seattle for their 2nd. It creates a hole at RB, but we would have 3 2nd rounders. I can dream, can't I?

Both would be good and we might not miss Lynch as much as the Seahawks would welcome him.

The Bills want to rebuild via the draft - right? What better way than have three 2nd round picks (and in the process release the police blotter RB - that at the end of last season was hardly on the field)?

Both would be good and we might not miss Lynch as much as the Seahawks would welcome him.

The Bills want to rebuild via the draft - right? What better way than have three 2nd round picks (and in the process release the police blotter RB - that at the end of last season was hardly on the field)?

I'm all in favor of hoarding draft picks. If we can get extra twos and threes for Lynch, Whitner, and even Schobel, I say do it. (Assuming Schobel will retire from the Bills but would consider a trade to a Texas team. Otherwise I keep him.)

PTR

I'm all in favor of hoarding draft picks. If we can get extra twos and threes for Lynch, Whitner, and even Schobel, I say do it. (Assuming Schobel will retire from the Bills but would consider a trade to a Texas team. Otherwise I keep him.)

PTR

Whitner is not going anywhere get over it. Schobel is already gone to me. Hopefully he's no consideration on their draft plans. They still need OLB whether he returns or retires. Lynch could be out the door, but they shouldn't give him away and I mean anything lower than a 2nd round pick. But I wouldn't trade him at all. No reason to create another hole.

One possibility:

Another chance?

Seattle seems to be in the mix for Lynch and the Bills might look at trading for their second round pick, but Seattle’s second rounder isn’t until pick 28 - which is a lot closer to being a third round pick than the 49er’s solid number 17.

Here is a link for this year's draft order for each team - as it stands right now…

I don't know. They've said they're not taking less than a second-round pick for Lynch. Why would they then turn around and take a lot less than a second-round pick for Lynch. That trade values Lynch at 250 draft points, which is basically a third-rounder?

Clearly I could be wrong on this, but I think the Bills have written a line in the sand, they've said we value Lynch a lot, we want him on the field and it would take a second-rounder for us to change their mind on this.

Also, it looks pretty clear to me that the Bills aren't taking Anthony Davis (he wasn't as productive on the field as a first-rounder should be, and the Bills have made it very clear that production on the field is what matters to them, not combine workouts), and it's very likely that Trent Williams will be gone before #9, much less #13. Still, there are other guys they could target at #13, Dan Williams, Morgan, Spiller, McClain or Brandon Graham for instance.

You can dream. Go forth and dream away!

The 9th pick is obviously more coveted than the 14th.

That's not exactly true at the moment. The cost of players in the first ten picks has made those positions less desirable. When their is a rookie wage scale then those picks will likely be highly coveted again. The best 'value' picks are late first round and early second round.

I think the Bills would like to move down, but with teams above and below them also looking to move down, it's going to be difficult.

That's not exactly true at the moment. The cost of players in the first ten picks has made those positions less desirable. When their is a rookie wage scale then those picks will likely be highly coveted again. The best 'value' picks are late first round and early second round.

I think the Bills would like to move down, but with teams above and below them also looking to move down, it's going to be difficult.

Right, the dynamic will be who is left on their board and just how much they would like to move Lynch - which might be good after decreased playing time and off-field issues like the hit and run, gun charges and stealing money at TGI Fridays?

Good point, but it depends. In 06 the 2 qbs Cutler and Leinart were there, and Marv said on Sirius that he had multiple offers to trade down. Marv of couse spurned them and selected Lil Donte. :thumbsup:

I guess my point is that I am not against trading down, but if I was GM, I would either get more than just a 3rd, or stand pat.

One possibility:

Another chance?

Here's my thing; the only player I would think S.F. would trade up for would be Spiller. Can't see them also taking Lynch in that case. I really don't even see the connection between S.F. and a RB. Frank Gore is top 5 or 6 in the league. Perhaps a WR (Bryant) but I'm not sure that the 9 spot would be S.F.'s best move for him.

I could see Seattle's 2nd or even Detroit's 3rd for Lynch, both of which would be steals for us.

Here's my thing; the only player I would think S.F. would trade up for would be Spiller. Can't see them also taking Lynch in that case. I really don't even see the connection between S.F. and a RB. Frank Gore is top 5 or 6 in the league. Perhaps a WR (Bryant) but I'm not sure that the 9 spot would be S.F.'s best move for him.

I could see Seattle's 2nd or even Detroit's 3rd for Lynch, both of which would be steals for us.

It might be a big gamble for S.F. to wait for Spiller and I am not saying Lynch would be a perfect fit for them, but Gore has had some durability issues - so this deal is doable for both sides.

Seattle has been rumored to have an interest in Lynch and the Bills have been rumored to want at least a round two pick for him, but OBD would likely want S.F.'s number 17 pick over Seattle's 28th in round two.

It might be a big gamble for S.F. to wait for Spiller and I am not saying Lynch would be a perfect fit for them, but Gore has had some durability issues - so this deal is doable for both sides.

Seattle has been rumored to have an interest Lynch and the Bills have been rumored to want at least a round two pick for him, but OBD would likely want S.F.'s number 17 pick over Seattle's 28th in round two.

I just don't see why San Fran is even in the market for running back. Frank Gore is a top RB in the NFL and Glenn Coffee lit it up last year when Gore wasn't healthy. Thats a pretty good RB tandum if you ask me. Maybe Gore wants more money? but Spiller will command a ton in the years to come. Just doesn't make sense. Plus Nix stated he wants to keep Lynch. That might be smoke and mirrors, but we shouldn't trade him away. You need two good running backs in this league. Lynch is more of a power runner. Freddy Jackson is more of a "waterbug" back. What does that mean anyway. Waterbug? Hillbilly talk if you ask me. Point is we have two good backs. and a hillbilly GM. Break out the moonshine.

PTR

Agree, PTR.

I respect Schobel quite a bit, but enough is enough, do you want to play for a Texas team or are you going to retire/ Poop or get off the pot.

If we are serious about moving on from some of these guys then lets not wait around to do it.

PTR

Agree, PTR.

I respect Schobel quite a bit, but enough is enough, do you want to play for a Texas team or are you going to retire. Poop or get off the pot.

If we are serious about moving on from some of these guys then lets not wait around to do it.

All around, I think Detroit makes the most sense. If Lynch is moved, this is the destination, IMO.

Is Detroit interested? I am sure the Bills would not mind picking up Detroit's 2nd round (34th overall) pick.