Details of statement against Big Ben are released.

This whole deal is complete horsesh*t...really...I mean, she wanted pictures taken with him at the first club...then BR and crew bounced...she followed them out back...then they bounced again...then she followed them to another club...she's got the DTF jewelry on and OBVIOUSLY star chasin him...her first statement was they didnt even have sex...then she wasn't sure...then she's too drunk to remember and Ben all of a sudden forced her to take a bunch of shots...GIVE ME A BREAK...and the DA says they ain't got a case and drop it...now Pitts wants to trade him and Goodhitler NFL nazi commissioner is meeting with him and giving him hell...GET OFF THE GUYS BACK FOR CRIPES SAKE...yeah he's a manchild with an attitude and told this ho errrrr I mean girl off at least three times...please...and now all you buffalo rejects are crucifying him...but that's to be expected...we hate everyone on TBD...except The Virgin Tebow

BR is totally at fault. Nothing should have given him the "green light" here... If anything, you just made an even bigger case against him! :rolleyes:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole sordid mess is disturbing. When the first case came out, I found it unlikely. I mean the woman was clearly crazy, and no way would a guy who can get sex at a moments notice rape a girl, right? After talking it over with a couple of friends, one lady brought up the idea of entitlement. The idea being that some men when put in a situation where there are all these women lining up to have sex with them get used to it. So if a girl says no, she doesn't really mean it. After all doesn't she know who he is? Obviously psychoanalyzing someone from a distance is impossible, but in my mind, this is a distinct possibility.

With this second woman, I am fairly sure Ben at the minimum did something insanely stupid. I am inclined to think he raped her. The shots, seen it thousands of times, men eager to get in a woman's panties buying drink after drink. Sorry, taking her away from her friends and then keeping them from her screams volumes. Sure the woman might be a scheming gold-digger slut. I know nothing about her. I do know there are other allegations against Ben. I hope the truth comes out. And when it does, assuming it is what I think, I hope they put him away for a long time.

Yeah :rolleyes: I've heard that explanation to...while I do not agree with having an attitude with a chic like that, it doesn't mean you go after him...she chased him from club to club...he probably said "look if you're not DTF bounce" and she didn't and got wrecked and got whatever the hell she ended up getting...which he won't say and she can't remember...so if the DA drops the case...I'm sure there is nothing more to this story other than BR is a prick who thinks he's a God...does that attitude suck? yeah...but should he be held accountable for this crappolla story...not IMO...and not in the DA's either

The whole sordid mess is disturbing. When the first case came out, I found it unlikely. I mean the woman was clearly crazy, and no way would a guy who can get sex at a moments notice rape a girl, right? After talking it over with a couple of friends, one lady brought up the idea of entitlement. The idea being that some men when put in a situation where there are all these women lining up to have sex with them get used to it. So if a girl says no, she doesn't really mean it. After all doesn't she know who he is? Obviously psychoanalyzing someone from a distance is impossible, but in my mind, this is a distinct possibility.

With this second woman, I am fairly sure Ben at the minimum did something insanely stupid. I am inclined to think he raped her. The shots, seen it thousands of times, men eager to get in a woman's panties buying drink after drink. Sorry, taking her away from her friends and then keeping them from her screams volumes. Sure the woman might be a scheming gold-digger slut. I know nothing about her. I do know there are other allegations against Ben. I hope the truth comes out. And when it does, assuming it is what I think, I hope they put him away for a long time.

Totally agree.

When I was in JAX for the Bills game this past November, we met a lady that works with ex-NFLers and the NFL in helping the ex-players get on with their lives. She no doubt would say the same exact thing you said in your first paragraph! What these payers were taught all along during their lives as atheletes has something to do with it.

Yeah :D I've heard that explanation to...while I do not agree with having an attitude with a chic like that, it doesn't mean you go after him...she chased him from club to club...he probably said "look if you're not DTF bounce" and she didn't and got wrecked and got whatever the hell she ended up getting...which he won't say and she can't remember...so if the DA drops the case...I'm sure there is nothing more to this story other than BR is a prick who thinks he's a God...does that attitude suck? yeah...but should he be held accountable for this crappolla story...not IMO...and not in the DA's either

Does he not know what "no" means? CS, you are making an even bigger case AGAINST him! The burden is on BR to do the right thing. Effing in a washroom is not the right thing. Call me old or whatever... But a washroom. Some how BR didn't know this? :rolleyes: She was really bothering him? :rolleyes:

Does he not know what "no" means? CS, you are making an even bigger case AGAINST him! The burden is on BR to do the right thing. Effing in a washroom is not the right thing. Call me old or whatever... But a washroom. Some how BR didn't know this? :rolleyes: She was really bothering him? :rolleyes:

And where does this chasing bit comes from? They left together to the last bar. At least according to the report.

Afterward, both groups made their way to Capital City, she said.

You know what Cat, I think we are pretty much on the same page.

I can't say if BR raped this girl but at the very least he made some poor choices.

Poor choices don't prove rape but they suggest bad guy.

What he said! :rolleyes:

I've brought this up before and I'll say it again. (I'm not excusing BR BTW) A part of society has a lot of blame for these types of things. Outstanding athletes get a pass early in life that none of us would get. If the best player on a team rapes a girl, at any level, I'm sure in a lot of situations she's pressured to let it go because if Big Man on Campus doesn't play next week it'll look bad for the program and they might lose too.

The stuff we read about players being caught doing isn't even the tip of the iceberg IMO. I've heard some law enforcement people say that before someone is caught they usually have gotten away with it six times before, on average. I'd be willing to bet the number is a lot higher with star athletes.

the article I read stated that "she said no" then "ben had sex with her" thats sounds cut n dry to me

I probably should not even respond but sometimes people cross a threshold of insanity and you must.

According to Blash's case summary, "he asked [the alleged victim] if Roethlisberger had raped her and she stated, 'No, I did not know what was going on,' because she was intoxicated so much."

The summary said, "Blash indicated that he asked the victim, 'Did he rape you?', and the victim stated 'no.' Blash asked the victim if they had sex, and she responded by saying, 'Well, I'm not sure.' "

How in the world to you get "cut n dry" that he raped her out of that? She couldn't remember if they had sex or not (he really must be little Ben after all) and said he did not rape her.

Bottom line. He is a scumbag who probably !@#$ed her. She was so wasted she has no clue. Only one person (Roethlisberger) knows for sure and he isn't talking. No legal case obviously. Whether the commish gets a wild hair up his ass and decides to punish Roethlisberger anyway (which apparently he is entitled to do and I still find astounding) remains to be seen.

Bottom line. He is a scumbag who probably !@#$ed her. She was so wasted she has no clue. Only one person (Roethlisberger) knows for sure and he isn't talking. No legal case obviously. Whether the commish gets a wild hair up his ass and decides to punish Roethlisberger anyway (which apparently he is entitled to do and I still find astounding) remains to be seen.

The bottom line is that the dude has a history of suspected boorish behavior - at the least (see civil case in Vegas) and BR probably needs to be a model citizen from the commish point of view. Not sure, but locking underage drunk girls in a bathroom so you can get your rocks off really does not seem to be what the commish might have in mind.

Yeah :rolleyes: I've heard that explanation to...while I do not agree with having an attitude with a chic like that, it doesn't mean you go after him...she chased him from club to club...he probably said "look if you're not DTF bounce" and she didn't and got wrecked and got whatever the hell she ended up getting...which he won't say and she can't remember...so if the DA drops the case...I'm sure there is nothing more to this story other than BR is a prick who thinks he's a God...does that attitude suck? yeah...but should he be held accountable for this crappolla story...not IMO...and not in the DA's either

You are either reading different accounts than I am or reading more into it from BR's side. My take is if their was more DNA and it tied to Ben he would have been indicted. Just watching what is happening to the officers involved is interesting. I think this is a product of entitlement and this damn GANGSTA look . Everyone has to have a POSSE and they think they are untouchable. I just can't fathom this idea that everyone should ignore this since he was not charged. I can tell you this if the average guy with a corporate job shows up in the local papers with the Issues he's had guilty or not they would be committing career suicide. Why should we turn a blind eye to this just because he's a jackass QB for the Steelers. I support the Rooneys and the commish on this fully. Leave the thug mentality for the NBA, hell that's not even a sport anymore.

To the people citing the blash report- do you think there is a reason he didn't want his name on the initial report? Do you think his opinion might have been skewed by celebrity as much or maybe more then hers? Do you think the phrase "this drunk b**** is trying to put this on Ben" spells trouble for his report?

I don't know how he handled it but I worry that he might have pressured her to back down. If true - I'm sure a drunk, freshly victimized, 20 yr old girl getting told by the cop that she doesn't really know might have had an impact.

This will shake out with the Steelers suspending BR.
There won't be any suspension.
Without a conviction or a charge, the Commish is in a bit of a bind as far as league suspension goes.

Obviously you missed this: "Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

If the suspension comes from the Steelers and not Sir Roger, it will be a black mark for the league. Sir Roger can't worm his way out of this one by pawning-it-off on the Steelers.

No matter what actually happened that night, one thing can't be disputed: the Milledgeville PD screwed up.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10108/1051441-66.stm

About eight hours after the 20-year-old student at Georgia College and State University accused Mr. Roethlisberger of raping her in the restroom, a janitor scrubbed the sink, floor and toilet with Clorox and Pine-Sol.

To the chagrin of investigators, no one had told him not to. The only evidence collected from the bathroom did not yield useful results.

"In this type of case, usually your highest and best evidence is found on your victim. However, in an effort to be as thorough as possible, you always process the scene as well," said Tom Davis, special agent in charge of GBI's Milledgeville field office.

Attorney Alexander Lindsay, a former federal and state prosecutor in Western Pennsylvania, said GBI "worked the hell out of this case but it was muffed at the beginning" by Milledgeville police. Mr. Lindsay, who teaches law at the University of Pittsburgh, reviewed the case file, most of which was posted online by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Add that to the missing videotape, and the MPD sergeant who was posing for photos with Roethlisberger several hours before telling the friends/bodyguards/whatever, "WE have a problem" ...

Obviously you missed this: "Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

If the suspension comes from the Steelers and not Sir Roger, it will be a black mark for the league. Sir Roger can't worm his way out of this one by pawning-it-off on the Steelers.

No, I saw that. Its certainly not a new position. However, absent a conviction, plea, or even a criminal charge against him, this would be a line the Commish hasn't crossed. Everyone makes out if the Steelers do it. Their language certainly make it seem likely that rooneys are ready to punish.

No matter what actually happened that night, one thing can't be disputed: the Milledgeville PD screwed up.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10108/1051441-66.stm

Add that to the missing videotape, and the MPD sergeant who was posing for photos with Roethlisberger several hours before telling the friends/bodyguards/whatever, "WE have a problem" ...

So in essence, these detectives haven't learned anything in 15 years....

OJ's team killed Vannatter & Lange

I probably should not even respond but sometimes people cross a threshold of insanity and you must.

How in the world to you get "cut n dry" that he raped her out of that? She couldn't remember if they had sex or not (he really must be little Ben after all) and said he did not rape her.

thats not the article I was referencing

The bottom line is that the dude has a history of suspected boorish behavior - at the least (see civil case in Vegas) and BR probably needs to be a model citizen from the commish point of view. Not sure, but locking underage drunk girls in a bathroom so you can get your rocks off really does not seem to be what the commish might have in mind.

Yup, at the end of the day, you can beat up the girl and blame her, and she has some liability. But she's 20 and intoxicated. He's a G'damn pro bowl QB who is prowling like a predator for such a victim. Disgusting. And for those who say if that were their daughter they would blame her as well...Really? What the Hell is wrong with you?