Tim Graham - "Rest of AFC East leaving Bills Behind"

So to say the Bills won't make the playoffs, when they have a new coach and are rebuilding, is worthless.

The Bills have a new HC and GM in charge, Buddy Nix. They are rebuilding and are destined to not make the playoffs this upcoming season. Anyone who believes otherwise is being delusional.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast we'll start off this year with low expectations for once. Hopefully though, all of us will be pleasantly surprised with the new look Bills squad taking the field next fall. :thumbdown:

seems like we have been saying "wait for next fall" (to be better) for a very long time.

I just don't get this. Last year we damn near split with every other team in our division? This was with a high school offense and enough guys on IR to fill a hospital wing. Yet somehow, we still almost play the other teams in this "uber" division to a tie? The Jets are a fraud, Tomlinson is ancient and the loss of Jones will hurt them. The patriots are another year older and haven't dealt with Welker's loss yet, which is arguably the largest loss in the division. The Fins addition of Edwards was nice but they still have HUGE question marks at the QB position.

Not Graham's best work.

Marshall you mean? I agree with your points about our turd "O" and injuries. I think our team is better going into this season than last already. Does that equal more victories? No. They have to put it all together on the field week in and week out for 60 minutes. The OL play, quarterback play, and our run defense hold the keys to what we will do this year. If the OL actually comes together, we get a solid performance out of our QB (whomever it is), and we can stop the run we will surprise some folks. Will it equal playoffs? I don't know. Our schedule is going to be pretty tough this year regardless of whether they are home or away games.

I just don't get this. Last year we damn near split with every other team in our division? This was with a high school offense and enough guys on IR to fill a hospital wing. Yet somehow, we still almost play the other teams in this "uber" division to a tie? The Jets are a fraud, Tomlinson is ancient and the loss of Jones will hurt them. The patriots are another year older and haven't dealt with Welker's loss yet, which is arguably the largest loss in the division. The Fins addition of Edwards was nice but they still have HUGE question marks at the QB position.

Not Graham's best work.

Some thought Thomas Jones was washed up before last year and look what he did. Yeah, okay, LT is not in his prime, but he was dinged up last year and probably has enough in his tank to take on the nearly always last against the run Buffalo Bills - especially with the Jets solid OL. What is our answer? John McCargo? LOL.

The Bills have a new HC and GM in charge, Buddy Nix. They are rebuilding and are destined to not make the playoffs this upcoming season. Anyone who believes otherwise is being delusional.

Yeah, that's what I said. In the context of 3 AFC East teams probably not making the playoffs, but who don't have a new HC and GM, and who aren't in the process of rebuilding.

Some thought Thomas Jones was washed up before last year and look what he did. Yeah, okay, LT is not in his prime, but he was dinged up last year and probably has enough in his tank to take on the nearly always last against the run Buffalo Bills - especially with the Jets solid OL. What is our answer? John McCargo? LOL.

Who are the "some" jokers who thought Jones was washed-up before last year, after rushing for 1,312 yards, catching 36 passes, and scoring 15 TD's in 2008? Tomlinson has close to 2,900 carries, 600 more than Jones has.

Yeah, that's what I said. In the context of 3 AFC East teams probably not making the playoffs, but who don't have a new HC and GM, and who aren't in the process of rebuilding.

The Bills have been rebuilding for the past decade. What they need most of all is a plan and direction in its rebuilding process. Having some stability in the coaching staff and front office is essential. It would help if the owner stays on the sidelines as a spectator instead of a participant in the organization. I think that is going to happen because nature is running its course. In geneal, I do see some organizational stability and rationality which gives hope down the road to this very troubled franchise.

Who are the "some" jokers who thought Jones was washed-up before last year, after rushing for 1,312 yards, catching 36 passes, and scoring 15 TD's in 2008? Tomlinson has close to 2,900 carries, 600 more than Jones has.

You are right, that is a lot of miles...and the sense is that when a RB reaches age 30 (plus all the miles), they start to slow down.

Article's like Graham's can jump up and bite the author in the ass months down the road. Not saying this one will, just hoping it does.

True. A month into the 2008 season, he wrote that Trent Edwards could be an MVP candidate.

Then again, at the time, most of us agreed with him.

Guest dog14787
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...ng-bills-behind

The first two lines of this article had me spraying my breafast cereal all over my computer screen. Great opening, Tim, and unfortunately, all too true.

The truth can be painful sometimes, but the way I see it the Patriots/Brady are finally showing chinks in their armor so at least we have a chance now at winning our division. The AFC East will always be strong and the one team that comes out on top is already a playoff caliber team that just went head to head twice with some of the best teams/defenses/offenses in the league.

Its easy to look at Buffalo and predict us to be the Cellar dwellers of the AFC East. Myself personally, I think Buffalo is loaded with talent when it comes to shutting down the pass and If we can concentrate on shoring up our run stopping capabilities and play smash mouth football on the opposite side of the ball we can compete for the division title.

It might not look very possible right now and the odds are against us, but that's why they play the game...

Call me drinking Bills Koolaid ( grape flavor Thank you) but I don't think the Bills are as bad off as people think.

Fish... yea they stole Marshall but going to Miami? If he could not stay out of trouble in Denver, what makes you think he will in the hippest town in America? Chad Henne still does not scare me. Only player that does in Miami is Ronnie Brown. and he gets hurt every year. so Miami can be beaten.

Patties... Love me some Tom Brady even though I don't want to. He will miss Welker for at least a good portion of the first half of the season. Randy Moss is still there and they have the best coach in the division. Still make playoffs but wont go far. Can be beaten, but they have the Bills number.

Jets... clearly the team to beat in the AFC east. I think LT is washed up so no big gain there. Holmes is gonna be out 4 games and if we play them once during his suspension we might luck out .

Bills... ok we have no proven QB, bad online. But I like our Defense. It was lack of offense that made us suck. Special teams still might be the best in the division. So with some luck we get a starting LT, get Clausen or Tebow, hope Green can upgrade the RT position Should be better on Offense.

Plus we had the 2 good RB's. Lee Evans is no joke. If we get a WR in the draft or if Johnson or Hardy step up, we should be decent.

Buddy says we are not that far off. I believe him.

As much as we know N.E. will remain good - because they have Tom Brady and Bill B., and because they still have talent and have quite a few draft picks, and Miami and the Jets will be good, too - because they have good coaches in place and their teams are beginning to show identity. We don't know what the Bills will look like. We know we need some talent at certain posititions, but this draft is deep in places we need depth at, and there are four very promising QB's and three or four other mid-round options that could develope or surprise us. If the dice fall right for us, we could field a decent, competitive team this year. It will be young, it will show it's youth my making mistakes, but at least by the end of the year we'll know where we are and who, and what we have to look forward to. It's not a lock that we'll be terrible. What if Clausen fell to us and he turned out to be sensational? What if we grabbed Bulaga or Trent Williams and our O-line really plays good and T. Edwards starts the year looking like the 2008 Edwards? Or Brohm?

I know if we spent the majority of our picks on defensive front seven help and found a capable starting LT, we could field a dominant Defense and a good running team. Who hasn't seen teams with that MO make it to the playoffs?

So, we'll just have to see - and that is why we love this time of year.

the off-season has been just so impressive, the draft will be icing on the cake

Really? For whom?

The Jets and Dolphins?

If this Bills off season has been "so impressive" then one can only conclude you are easily impressed!

The bar has been lowered so much in Buffalo that mediocrity is the new excellence. Ouch!

Really? For whom?

The Jets and Dolphins?

If this Bills off season has been "so impressive" then one can only conclude you are easily impressed!

The bar has been lowered so much in Buffalo that mediocrity is the new excellence. Ouch!

:thumbdown:

I see spartacus has a twin.

I like Tim, but I thought some of the comments were interesting. In this article, Tim says the Bills have made some "prudent" front office moves. However, when Nix was hired, he commented on how the Bills didn't look outside the doors to OBD. Secondly, right after the Gaily hire he called Chan a "retread" coach, however now he calls him "perhaps not inspirational, but solid."

Is Tim finding these guys likeable now? :thumbdown:

BOOOO-RING.

Call me when training camp starts. Or else have Tim Graham fax me next week's winning Illinois Lottery numbers.

And another thing, enough with the "spitting my coffee," "spraying my Cheerios," etc. Seriously, I'm certain everyone's keyboard/monitors remain in tact, in spite of TSW's hilarity. Looking for a clever way to say "I found this funny?" Then think of a clever way to say "I found this funny."

/offseason crankiness.

Go Bills.