Sabres/Bruins Quick Points

Dante

Vanek

Never cared for him much but he looked very good last night when the Sabres needed him

Myers

Guy looks like he has played in the league for six years. At one point in the 3rd period last night he navigated out of a tight situation in his own end by a couple of nifty moves that went unnoticed by announcers. But it was so calm, composed that belies his inexperience. The "Carruba Collision Of The Game" was perfect.

Miller

Again, calm and composed. His brain is where it has to be in the playoffs. He looks way ahead of the play while in net. I guess you would call that good anticipation.

Kaleta

Just don't like him. Kinda like a Kenny Linsman type but with less skill. Sort of player that everyone hates except for fans of the team. Dude causes **** but doesn't really fight does he? Haven't checked his stats for the year but Ive never seen him back up his crap in the games Ive watched.

Montador

Is there not anyone else in the Sabres system better than this guy? Damn he's downright scary out there. I would say, conservatively, he turns over the puck 40% of the time and that number increases to 66% when under any sort of pressure.

Ennis

Well whomever runs the Sabre draft/scouting is the ****! When watching this guy play in the World Jrs a couple years ago for Canada he was my favorite on that team. I'm jealous he's not a Shark

something happened while Vanek was out that lit a fire under him. FINALLY. he's just now starting to play like the star we need/expect him to be. his goal last night was pretty. he's been guilty of not moving his feet and just being a body in front of the net. he came in last night, banging his stick on the ice and already had it cocked when the pass came to him. 6 goals in the last 3 games. we need him to keep playing like this.

Myers is great, but he looked like a young rookie last night. he didnt loo terrible, mind you. but us Sabres fans have seen him play much better throughout the season. i cant knock him though as it was his first playoff game. he still did a great job. the good news is, he can even do better.

Kaleta may be my new favorite Sabre. all the players and fans from other teams hate him, and thats fine. I love him. going into the boards for the puck with no helmet, how can you not love that as a fan?

People were giving me crap yesterday about the Sabres having to put a rookie (Ennis) into the lineup. I wasnt worried a bit since that rookie happened to have just won the AHL Rookie of the Year award, AND the AHL All-Star game MVP award. and he proved it on the ice.

all in all, this should be a great, scrappy series. eff Boston, eff all of their sports teams, and eff their fans too. Go Sabres!

Vanek

Never cared for him much but he looked very good last night when the Sabres needed him

Myers

Guy looks like he has played in the league for six years. At one point in the 3rd period last night he navigated out of a tight situation in his own end by a couple of nifty moves that went unnoticed by announcers. But it was so calm, composed that belies his inexperience. The "Carruba Collision Of The Game" was perfect.

Miller

Again, calm and composed. His brain is where it has to be in the playoffs. He looks way ahead of the play while in net. I guess you would call that good anticipation.

Kaleta

Just don't like him. Kinda like a Kenny Linsman type but with less skill. Sort of player that everyone hates except for fans of the team. Dude causes **** but doesn't really fight does he? Haven't checked his stats for the year but Ive never seen him back up his crap in the games Ive watched.

Montador

Is there not anyone else in the Sabres system better than this guy? Damn he's downright scary out there. I would say, conservatively, he turns over the puck 40% of the time and that number increases to 66% when under any sort of pressure.

Ennis

Well whomever runs the Sabre draft/scouting is the ****! When watching this guy play in the World Jrs a couple years ago for Canada he was my favorite on that team. I'm jealous he's not a Shark

In Kaleta's defense last night, he's got a cast on his hand (broken thumb, I think), and is actively avoiding fighting.

Not that he's much of a brawler at any other time...but he's not just running away like a wussy little girl right now, either.

I think Vanek was bothered by a bad groin for most of the year. They sat him out the last few weeks of the season and let him heal.

PTR

I think Vanek is just a streak player. There are a lot of good players in the NHL just like that. He has always been up and down...I think fans are way too hard on him...not his fault the Sabres overpayed him... he may not always be effective, but I think Vanek, since his second season, has improved immensely, and works hard. I think he is a bit too hard on himself, which causes him to press too much, and then, he goes cold... lets enjoy the fact, right now, he is playing great.