Redskins will trade Campbell for a low pick during the draft

The Bill are not an obvious fit, because the Bills need a good QB. Not an inaccurate Capt. Checkdown Jr.

How does a guy throw for over 3600 yds and have a 65% completion percentage by being an inaccurate captain checkdown jr?Maybe if you keep saying it, it will make it true.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy that has a 69.7 QB rating is more football smart than one with a 86.4 rating? What the hell kind of logic is that? I like Fitz as a backup, but your post makes zero sense.

I admit that Campbell's stats look pretty good. But I've seen him play quite a bit. He looks horrible. I scratch my head trying to figure out how he's got the stats he's got. Stats are great, but they don't tell the whole story.

Football smart is seeing TO one on one at the 2 yard line and going for it and completing the longest TD pass in Buffalo Bills history. It's hitting Evans on that slant in against the Jets. It's seeing the open running lane and taking it in from 31 yards out also for a Buffalo Bills record longest run from scrimmage for a TD by a QB. And he can play in a freakin' blizzard. Something we've been clamoring for on here since Flutie and left.

In a system built to utilize his strengths and a strong running game I could see it working.

I still would take Fitz over Campbell and all his marvelous stats any freakin' day of the week.

That's setting the bar high, trying to be the 2009 Redskins. I'd rather draft a prospect with the pick with the hope they might turn out to be a diamond in the rough, than acquire another mediocre player that will only delay the rebuilding process.

This is completly false, giving up a fith round pick for a stop gap, tansition QB, is not a delay ion rebuilding. We are not giving up the farm for him.

So instead of picking up a manageable QB who can win some games you want to try to find a guy that will take another 3-4 years to develope, adn if he does not we are back at square 1, with no QB.

Now tell me which theory would delay the process more.

I admit that Campbell's stats look pretty good. But I've seen him play quite a bit. He looks horrible. I scratch my head trying to figure out how he's got the stats he's got. Stats are great, but they don't tell the whole story.

Football smart is seeing TO one on one at the 2 yard line and going for it and completing the longest TD pass in Buffalo Bills history. It's hitting Evans on that slant in against the Jets. It's seeing the open running lane and taking it in from 31 yards out also for a Buffalo Bills record longest run from scrimmage for a TD by a QB. And he can play in a freakin' blizzard. Something we've been clamoring for on here since Flutie and left.

In a system built to utilize his strengths and a strong running game I could see it working.

I still would take Fitz over Campbell and all his marvelous stats any freakin' day of the week.

Again....the only stat that matters is TDs.

Here's what could potentially hold a trade of this sort up, assuming that the Bills do actually see Campbell as an improvement over Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm: the contract situation.

I have little doubt that the Bills could get Campbell with a 4th or 5th round draft pick, given that it is clear that Washington is ready to move on. The problem is that Campbell just signed a one-year tender, which means that he becomes a free agent next year. Even if the Bills like him enough to make the trade, I doubt that they would be sold on him enough to sign him to a long-term extension. That begs the question: do the Bills want to trade a pick (even a relatively low one) for a player who may only be on the team for a single season? And is that player significantly better than what they already have to warrant this sort of investment? Given that the new regime seems to really place a high premium on their existing draft picks, I would guess that the answer is no.

I actually think this is going to happen.....maybe the bills have just been smart and were waiting for the price to go down on campbell?

- More then ample enough arm strength

- Mobile

- Starting experience

- Bills were one of the first inquiring when McNabb was traded

- Price is right

It frees us up to do other things with the 9th pick

I am thinking that if they trade for campbell and he wins the starting job in camp (very likely), they would offer him an extenstion.

Personally, I like the idea of getting cambell more than getting clausen. Cambell would be an instant starter, would cost less pick wise, and probably even has less risk of being a "bust." Either way, I think cambell is better than what we have at QB, and if we can improve that position with just a 5th rounder, I say good deal.

I am telling you all...living down here in DC, Jason Campbell is good football player. He has had 6 out of 7 new OCs here. Their line is HORRIBLE. Yes, worse than ours and do any of you remember how they pulled a bingo caller off the street to call plays because Zorn could not.

If we have to give up a 5th or 6th...DO IT. End of Discussion...Fitz is a backup, Brohm was never developed and hence, not ready, Edwards needs a change of scenery.

Yes Campbell checks down, but they had no one to throw to over 30 yards. Moss would occasionally break open, but everyone remembers Thomas and Kelly who everyone passed on...thats because they suck!

TAKE JASON CAMPBELL!!

Oh come on! Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly did NOT suck. What were we talking about?

This is completly false, giving up a fith round pick for a stop gap, tansition QB, is not a delay ion rebuilding. We are not giving up the farm for him.

So instead of picking up a manageable QB who can win some games you want to try to find a guy that will take another 3-4 years to develope, adn if he does not we are back at square 1, with no QB.

We already have them on the roster. Campbell is no better than what we have. It would just be spinning the wheels but not moving forward. Pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and make some progress.

If you sign Campbell to an extension... and if you give him endless opportunities to remain as starter after he has proven that he isn't the answer... THAT would be a monumental waste of time. :nana:

The only stat that counts is Ws.

In 16 games Campbell was able to lead his team to 4 wins. Fitz led the Bills to the same number of wins in 9 games.

Stats are great, but they don't tell the whole story.

Fitz made things happen on his own to help get some of those wins. I've never seen Campbell do that.

In 16 games Campbell was able to lead his team to 4 wins. Fitz led the Bills to the same number of wins in 9 games.

Fitz made things happen on his own to help get some of those wins. I've never seen Campbell do that.

Correct, W's are all that matter.

Stats are great for baseball, stats are for losers in football.

We already have them on the roster. Campbell is no better than what we have. It would just be spinning the wheels but not moving forward. Pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and make some progress.

...and if that qb turns out to be JP Losman in a nut shell, you wasted a high pick and the time. IMO the positive outweigh the negatives.

You are getting a decent "stop gap" Qb for a later pick. If Gailey made Thigpen and Kordell Stewart look good, Campbell is far better than either of them.

Dead on. We're not exactly selling the farm for Campbell. We can still address a ton of needs this year in a very deep draft. Most people think this is one of the worst QBs drafts in many years. So why waste a high pick on one? Test drive Campbell who actually has pretty good stats at the NFL level, and if he fails, get a QB from a class that is supposed to be really good.

This just makes so much sense that i'm sure it's not going to happen now. :thumbsup:

Or like some of the things I have read, Gailey likes Brohm. So if that its the case ,we all know Brohm needs time so plug in Campbell until you think Brohm is ready. If Gailey is good with QB's, and we will find out this season if that is the case, you might not even have to draft a QB at all. Build the lines and they will be good for a while.

We have seen Buddy go after McNabb. I think is is smart enough to get an upgrade with a low round pick. Lets hope so.

Good point. To butter you up a bit I happen to like Fitz. But not as a franchise QB. I think Campbell would be an upgrade.

I would like to see how The Chan uses him. I think Gailey could make this offense better if he has the tools. right now I think Campbell is better than Fitz. JMO

We already have an average starter in Edwards, I see no point in bringing in Campbell.

Compare college stats between the two. Campbell had a fantastic senior year at Auburn. Edwards did nothing at Stanford. Then look at their NFL stats. It isn't even close. I'm willing to give Edwards another chance, but I'm also more than willing to give Campbell - a consummate professional - a chance, especially for a third-day draft pick.

I'd take Fitz over Campbell. At lest Fitz is football smart and a leader.

That's insane. Fitz isn't half the QB Campbell is.

Actually, interceptions are pretty important. As are yards. And completion percentage. But otherwise you're spot on...as usual. :thumbsup:

This year's model of coaching staff is better. YWIA.

God I hate these acronyms. What the hell does YWIA mean???

Or like some of the things I have read, Gailey likes Brohm. So if that its the case ,we all know Brohm needs time so plug in Campbell until you think Brohm is ready. If Gailey is good with QB's, and we will find out this season if that is the case, you might not even have to draft a QB at all. Build the lines and they will be good for a while.

Link?

Apparently "football smart" is completing 56% of his passes while throwing more interceptions than TD's and having a QB rating less than 70.