Redskins will trade Campbell for a low pick during the draft

I believe by signing that deal, he just means he can be traded by the Skins since he is under contract now. The new team Campbell is dealt to can agree to a new contract. And $3.1 million for starting QB is peanuts anyway.

Gotcha, thanks. Getting him at $3.1 mil would be a steal for the year, and for a low round pick .. this is a no-brainer to me. Thanks again.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's improved every season, threw 20 tds to 15 INTs, completed 65% of his passes, and threw for over 3,600 yards on a team with less talent on offense than the Bills.

I was an Edwards' fan. But Campbell is a much better Qb than TE at this point and keeps improving.

Hard to argue with this logic, especially at the price of a low round pick.

To me this all boils down to whether or not the bills really like Clausen.

Campbell IS a starting QB who has improved every year even with new OC's and horrible line

+1. Espec. for a low round pick.

The redskins had more coaching changes and OC changes than the Bills. Campbell had had a different OC every year.

Yes, Gailey said he wants a mobile QB, Campbell is mobile. Seems like a really good fit, and if it only costs us a 5th or a 6th i say do it in a heartbeat.

...besides what do we have to lose?

Campbell is perfect for the type of QB Gailey uses. And for a low pick, its really a no brainer. Low picks generally either wash out or become average, and we might be able to convert that pick itno a player who is currently average or slightly above but improving every season.

I'd take Fitz over Campbell. At lest Fitz is football smart and a leader.

So a guy that has a 69.7 QB rating is more football smart than one with a 86.4 rating? What the hell kind of logic is that? I like Fitz as a backup, but your post makes zero sense.

So a guy that has a 69.7 QB rating is more football smart than one with a 86.4 rating? What the hell kind of logic is that? I like Fitz as a backup, but your post makes zero sense.

I am telling you all...living down here in DC, Jason Campbell is good football player. He has had 6 out of 7 new OCs here. Their line is HORRIBLE. Yes, worse than ours and do any of you remember how they pulled a bingo caller off the street to call plays because Zorn could not.

If we have to give up a 5th or 6th...DO IT. End of Discussion...Fitz is a backup, Brohm was never developed and hence, not ready, Edwards needs a change of scenery.

Yes Campbell checks down, but they had no one to throw to over 30 yards. Moss would occasionally break open, but everyone remembers Thomas and Kelly who everyone passed on...thats because they suck!

TAKE JASON CAMPBELL!!

For the life of me, I can't understand what is the big problem with Jason Campbell. He is better than what we have now, and he would not cost us that much. The Bills are not going to want to start a rookie, and the Bills need to look for another veteran QB on their roster. If the price is right, I think it would be a great move. What the Bills need to address is the OL or DL with the first draft pick and get a QB later on in the draft. Unless the Bills brass truly believe in Clauson (if he's there) then they need to draft him. If they don't then address another need, pickup a QB later in the draft and get Cambell in a trade. He can be a "stop" gap for a rookie and may be able to thrive in Gailey's offense. Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good so anything is possible.

Ditto.

I am telling you all...living down here in DC, Jason Campbell is good football player. He has had 6 out of 7 new OCs here. Their line is HORRIBLE. Yes, worse than ours and do any of you remember how they pulled a bingo caller off the street to call plays because Zorn could not.

If we have to give up a 5th or 6th...DO IT. End of Discussion...Fitz is a backup, Brohm was never developed and hence, not ready, Edwards needs a change of scenery.

Yes Campbell checks down, but they had no one to throw to over 30 yards. Moss would occasionally break open, but everyone remembers Thomas and Kelly who everyone passed on...thats because they suck!

TAKE JASON CAMPBELL!!

Thanks for that post with some knowledge. The thing people forget is checking down isn't the worst thing in the world some times. All I know is that Campbell put up 370 yards, 3 tds, and should have won a game against the SB champs if their kicker didn't blew a 23 yard fg.

For a 5th, I'd take a chance on that guy.

TAKE JASON CAMPBELL!!

Yes, for those that don't think the Skins O-line was bad, they started 2 Buffalo castoffs in Derrick Dockery & M.Williams.

It makes me laugh when people say "the guys who work for NFL teams know more than we do". You have different levels of people in any type of work. Some lazy, who don't research things. How much atttention did the Skins management pay to how lousy Dockery was with the Bills when they signed him to a multiyear deal after we let him go??

Niners fans out here were excited when they signed Jonas Jennings and I just laughed. Unfortunately for them, it wasn't any different with him with SF and actually I thinked he missed more games per year.

We already have an average starter in Edwards, I see no point in bringing in Campbell.

If Edwards is average by your standards then Campbell is well above average if not great. He is one of the few QBs in the league that has had a worse situation than Edwards. Campbell has lived through the turmoil and been a complete professional about everything. The Redskins have been through more coaches and offensive schemes than the Bills and had a line that is even worse. Despite this he still put up FAR superior numbers than Edturds and had better numbers than a soon to retire Kurt Warner last year.

I like Jason Campbell for a late round pick. I also like trading for the Ravens LT for a second round pick. With our first round pick we can pick up a good DT or trade down for more picks if the value isnt there.

I dont understand why more teams dont trade out of their first round picks especially those teams in the top 10 or so. The amount of money it takes to sign these guys is crazy and all you are paying for is potential. For the same money, and usually less you could pick up a quality, proven veteran player; maybe even a pro-bowler.

Thanks for that post with some knowledge. The thing people forget is checking down isn't the worst thing in the world some times. All I know is that Campbell put up 370 yards, 3 tds, and should have won a game against the SB champs if their kicker didn't blew a 23 yard fg.

For a 5th, I'd take a chance on that guy.

You mean we can get a starter for a 5th round pick?? And he is better than anybody on the roster?

And he has Lee Evans and 2 good backs in the backfield?

This is a steal, if the Bills can do this they will at least have a fighting chance to win some games.If we get Campbell we could focus on the lines in the draft, instead of using a 3rd for a college QB.

If he fails you get your QB next year. Bingo

To play the devil's advocate here, he DID have Chris Cooley and Santana Moss. They're not great, but its not like he was working with the Chiefs offensive talent.

Those guys are WAY better than Lee Evans and sure fire hall of famer Terrell Owens :nana:

That's setting the bar high, trying to be the 2009 Redskins. I'd rather draft a prospect with the pick with the hope they might turn out to be a diamond in the rough, than acquire another mediocre player that will only delay the rebuilding process.

You mean we can get a starter for a 5th round pick?? And he is better than anybody on the roster?

And he has Lee Evans and 2 good backs in the backfield?

This is a steal, if the Bills can do this they will at least have a fighting chance to win some games.If we get Campbell we could focus on the lines in the draft, instead of using a 3rd for a college QB.

If he fails you get your QB next year. Bingo

Dead on. We're not exactly selling the farm for Campbell. We can still address a ton of needs this year in a very deep draft. Most people think this is one of the worst QBs drafts in many years. So why waste a high pick on one? Test drive Campbell who actually has pretty good stats at the NFL level, and if he fails, get a QB from a class that is supposed to be really good.

This just makes so much sense that i'm sure it's not going to happen now. :nana: