is there a good place to look for apartment/houses for rent?

The Poojer

rent.com and the like are all for complexes...craigslist has way too many ads that are 'small fee' required....online newspaper classifieds are hit or miss...what is everyone's experiences in this area....thanks in advance.....

rent.com and the like are all for complexes...craigslist has way too many ads that are 'small fee' required....online newspaper classifieds are hit or miss...what is everyone's experiences in this area....thanks in advance.....

We found our place on Craigslist. Good experience.

Fee to who? I advertise my apt.'s on Criagslist exclusively and never heard of a "fee".

in the philly section of the ads....and they suck you in because they indicate there is a picture to view....the picture is the ad graphic :bag:

there are tons of these ads from this company to wade thru....

That's odd. Why would anyone looking to rent a apartment want a fee to look at it? I think it's some sort of broker.

What I deal with

Just call the contact phone #. No fee.

Realestate companies and Rental managment company's. Coldwell Banker....ect.

as already stated, Craigslist is the way to go, and you shouldnt have to wade through any crap if you go ito the housing section and narrow your search down using the search tool and setting a max limit on rent and also searching for the neighborhood you want.

the best luck ive had is by scouring craiglist on a daily basis, but also going to the area you want to move to and driving/walking around.

you should NOT answer any craigslist ad that says "small fee required", ive never even seen that except on a few ads that were actually scams.

i want to stay along the main line..i am LOVING septa.....i need 2 bedrooms, no pets....i want to get away as cheaply as possible....i did meet someone who has a place he is renting in Wayne....I am still a few months from actually moving, i am simply trying to do a little re-con

Pooj, are you looking to stay in Malvern? or do you want to move to another area? how many bedrooms do you need? whats the max youre looking to pay for rent? any pets?

if you can answer those questions, craigslist will work very well for you.

i want to stay along the main line..i am LOVING septa.....i need 2 bedrooms, no pets....i want to get away as cheaply as possible....i did meet someone who has a place he is renting in Wayne....I am still a few months from actually moving, i am simply trying to do a little re-con

Search for Malvern, 2 bed, $1200 max

i just guessed that your area would fall under Philly's craigslist, so i hope those are accurate. took a quick look at the results, and they look ok as far as being legit and not a scam. although the first bunch of posts need to be flagged. anything that asks for an application fee is usually a scam. they say its for a credit check, then never call you back.

good luck!