[Link] 2010 NFL Draft: How To Fix the Buffalo Bills' Holes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377648-...-version#page/1

Questions dealt with:

Quarterback: Who Will Be the Mysterious No. 4 QB in Camp?

Left Tackle: Who Starts in 2010?

Who Will Play Nose Tackle in the New 3-4 Defense?

Wide Receiver: Who Will Line Up on the Opposite Side of Lee Evans?

Who Replaces Brad Butler at Right Tackle?

How Will the Defensive Line Hold Up in the 3-4 Scheme?

Running Back: Who Will Serve as Chan Gailey's Scat Back?

Do the Bills Still Need Additional Linebackers to Play in the 3-4?

When Will Bills Returners Score a TD Again?

How Will Chan Gailey and Bills Fans React to Each Other?

I think a good way to go about this season - especially considering our AFC East opponents - would be to spend the first three or four picks fixing our offensive line and defensive front seven. We really need a starting calibre tackle and a space eating NT. If we could add a good OLB and a #2 wide receiver - making our take from the draft a starting LT, a run stuffing NT, a force at OLB, and a capable #2 wideout, then I think we could have a competitive team. Our defense is going to be decent - it will be much bigger and more aggressive up front, and our secondary is pretty good. I think between 10 and 15 ranking overall is where we'll end up. Offensively, I think we'll still be in the wrong end of the league, but that depends a great deal on the production at QB. A poster here mentioned the difference in Trent Edwards before and after Jason Peters. I think he feared getting hit too much, but Peters' abilities and his trade didn't help matters - nor the circus that was our offensive staff and personnel last year. So, Edwards should look better with a competent coach, and a better line.

The problem, as I see it, is we always seem to do o.k., and not in a long time have we been good, but nor have we been that bad, on a win/loss basis, to merit the top few picks in the draft. If we can't get the QB this year, and we end up with another pick next year around 8-12, then we might not get the chance, again, to get the real player we need. But, to be optimistic, lets hope that if the guy is there that will give Buffalo a leader at QB that our F.O. will do whatever it needs to to get it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377648-...-version#page/1

Questions dealt with:

Quarterback: Who Will Be the Mysterious No. 4 QB in Camp?

Left Tackle: Who Starts in 2010?

Who Will Play Nose Tackle in the New 3-4 Defense?

Wide Receiver: Who Will Line Up on the Opposite Side of Lee Evans?

Who Replaces Brad Butler at Right Tackle?

How Will the Defensive Line Hold Up in the 3-4 Scheme?

Running Back: Who Will Serve as Chan Gailey's Scat Back?

Do the Bills Still Need Additional Linebackers to Play in the 3-4?

When Will Bills Returners Score a TD Again?

How Will Chan Gailey and Bills Fans React to Each Other?

Thanks. That is a good read, the best avaialble summary of what the Bills have in the way of talent and what questions they'll have to solve in the draft or via trades. The most interesting situation facing them is deciding where to go at #9 if the top OTs are gone and a trade-d-wn isn't available. They'll have to have a strategy for this likelihood, assuming of course that Clausen isn't where they're going. My guess is, Dan Williams.