Which would you rather have ?...Marshall at $10 mil

papazoid

$10 million dollars...... Brandon Marshall.....for two 2nd round picks and lots of money leftover for free agents.

which would you rather have ??? (let's use buffalo's two 2nd round picks from last year and this years free agent signing)

Miami $10 mil (Marshall $10 mil)

or

Buffalo $10 mil (Byrd $750,000 , Levitre $666,000 , Andra Davis $2.2mil, Dwan Edwards $4.5mil, with $2mil leftover)

i like buffalo's hand.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$10 million dollars...... Brandon Marshall.....for two 2nd round picks and lots of money leftover for free agents.

which would you rather have ??? (let's use buffalo's two 2nd round picks from last year and this years free agent signing)

or

Buffalo $10 mil (Byrd $750,000 , Levitre $666,000 , Andra Davis $2.2mil, Dwan Edwards $4.5mil, with $2mil leftover)

i like buffalo's hand.

The question is silly, these are for future picks. The fins aren't trading any current players.

Regardless, using your analogy, who would you rather have one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the league or Roscoe Parrish and James Hardy?

Sounds different when you put it that way, doesn't it?

The question is silly, these are for future picks. The fins aren't trading any current players.

Regardless, using your analogy, who would you rather have one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the league or Roscoe Parrish and James Hardy?

LOL! Forgetting that Marshall isn't "one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the league," that you can defend a "thug" from another team is pretty funny in and of itself.

Fair point - but there is no salary cap anymore.

really ??...there is cetainly a self imposed cap this year (who has exceeded last years cap?) and there will be a cap in the future.

my point is how best to spend $10mil

Marshall is the best player simply based on talent, but buffalo spent their money better and got a bigger bang for the buck.

or

i like buffalo's hand.

You mean Buffalo's $10 million: (Chris Kelsay $3.7 mill plus $500K roster bonus paid in March, Drayton Florence $2.9 mill, Donte Whitner $2.45 million, and $450K left over, or throw in McCargo's $685K instead.)

It's easy to make a point about which team is doing better when you cherry-pick.

Besides which, Marshall is a top 3 WR, while the guys we got filled holes but outside of Dwan Edwards, they are decent journeymen. Edwards may be a top ten guy in terms of 3 - 4 DEs, but that's not a high-impact position.

If Marshall ever matures, he could be a sensational pickup, and if he only just manages to stay on the field, he could still be a very good one. And Miami also got Karlos Dansby and Incognito, among others.

Not that the Bills did badly, but you were seriously cherry-picking by isolating the Marshall trade and throwing in Byrd (for what reason?).

If Marshall ever matures, he could be a sensational pickup, and if he only just manages to stay on the field, he could still be a very good one.

Wow, two 2nds and $10 mil and you hope he matures? Really? That's a luxury we don't have. I like the course Buddy has chosen. Build with the draft and add mid level FA's and build this team from the inside out. That's the route the PATs are seemingly back to after their flirtation with splashy acquisitions. Didn't turn out so well for them.

or

i like buffalo's hand.

What he said. :w00t:

The fins are trading future players that will hurt them down the road. Do you really believe they are one receiver away from making the SB? That's the only way this trade would make any sense to me. They are giving away two potential future starters for a guy who's thisclose to a one year suspension. With Bill Parcells picking then a lot of people here would automatically write those two picks in as starters.

Would you trade Eric Woods, Shawn Nelson and a sixth round pick this year for Jason Peters?

Link

Marshall was tied for third in number of catches last year with Andre Johnson. He ranked 14th in receiving yards and tied for seventh in TD's with Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne. He's a good receiver but not a top two or three.

Acquiring Marshall would be kind of like having a house that was falling down, and your putting up wall paper.

:lol::D

You mean Buffalo's $10 million: (Chris Kelsay $3.7 mill plus $500K roster bonus paid in March, Drayton Florence $2.9 mill, Donte Whitner $2.45 million, and $450K left over, or throw in McCargo's $685K instead.)

It's easy to make a point about which team is doing better when you cherry-pick.

Besides which, Marshall is a top 3 WR, while the guys we got filled holes but outside of Dwan Edwards, they are decent journeymen. Edwards may be a top ten guy in terms of 3 - 4 DEs, but that's not a high-impact position.

If Marshall ever matures, he could be a sensational pickup, and if he only just manages to stay on the field, he could still be a very good one.

If I'm in the Bills front office I won't gamble two second round picks that he will mature. I'd rather have Dwan Edwards, Drayton Florence and Donte Whitner than Marshall. JMO

I agree with your basic point, which is that with two second round picks as compensation (which probably have at least a 50% each of turning into solid starters for cheap until the end of their rookie deals) and then 1-2 above average FA starters for the additional salary cost of Marshall and I think it's actually a fairly risky move for Miami to put so many eggs in the basket of a guy who's probably one strike away from a year off. JMHO. I like the Jets move for Holmes a lot more.....

or

i like buffalo's hand.

Considering there's no salary cap and even when there was one we were $27 Million below the cap, call me greedy but I'd want ALL of them.

If we had a semi-stable situation at QB, and a returning O-line I have no problem making this trade. However with our current situation, adding marshall would be like adding a turbo charger to a car who still has a 14 year old inexperienced driver, it's not going to make much of a difference until you get an experienced driver behind the wheel.

I think a better comparision would be who would you rather have Marshall or Lee Evans who is earning roughly the same amount of money per year. I think hands down you would go with Brandon Marshall. In the later rounds I hope the Bills are looking at a WR who fits that mold like a Andre Johnson/Brandon Marshall type which would be the perfect complement to the speed of Evans on the outside.

Just like signing TO last year, I agree.

We have GOT to fix our lines and get a franchise QB in here before we start throwing draft picks around.

Then you should like this Nix quote I recently read:

"I still firmly believe you have to play defense and you have to be able to run the ball to win championships," Nix said. "If we build a strong defense and a strong front offensive line, we can keep adding some talent, and that way we'll stay good for awhile."