The suck up channel

I don't know about that.

First, I agree with most here that Palin is, well, Palin. However, as I have said before, all the media has been doing since day 1 is attacking her. They are very rapidly running out of bad things to say about her: what's left? They have already hit her family, experience, being a hick, knowledge, etc....and yet she remains. Perhaps screechingly annoying as ever...but also, as effective as ever in terms of her message.

This has happened before with Reagan. The "Great Communicator" was only given that title AFTER he had been able to consistently refute/ignore/marginalize the constant liberal media attacks on him. That title was their white flag. And they gave him that title...because, after all, it wasn't what he said that made sense, or, the fact that the ideas they espouse don't, it's just that he was so good at saying it. :rolleyes: And of course it couldn't be that they simply failed miserably...nah, they were up against a superstar...so that's why they lost. :blush:

I am therefore not so quick to call her a bad thing. How is Obama supposed to run against her exactly? Call her names? Say that she doesn't know what she's doing? Sorry, that's already been done. Frankly, an Obama/Palin campaign would put all of the focus on Obama...not Palin...and given his current performance?

Although I disagreed with Reagan's philosophy and policies, he had a resume of writings and speeches where he laid out a detailed view of how gov't should work and handle particular issues. He thought about what he said, and didn't just read a script based on the views of his speechwriters. Palin is just a series of bumper sticker phrases with no thought given to the details. That may work with the Tea Party crowd, but I have confidence that she would wither under the scrutiny of a presidential election and the general public, who are busy living their lives and not paying attention to the details right now. Thus I hope she is the Republican nominee. But I expect the Republicans will come to their senses and select a more mainstream candidate.

Although I disagreed with Reagan's philosophy and policies, he had a resume of writings and speeches where he laid out a detailed view of how gov't should work and handle particular issues. He thought about what he said, and didn't just read a script based on the views of his speechwriters. Palin is just a series of bumper sticker phrases with no thought given to the details. That may work with the Tea Party crowd, but I have confidence that she would wither under the scrutiny of a presidential election and the general public, who are busy living their lives and not paying attention to the details right now. Thus I hope she is the Republican nominee. But I expect the Republicans will come to their senses and select a more mainstream candidate.

"Oh, there you go again, Joe..."

Just had to be said... :rolleyes:

(On a side note, when trying to find the video of the debate where she said that, I discovered there's 16.7 million results returned for "Sarah Palin hot". Even though I'd still hit it...that's disturbing.)

"Oh, there you go again, Joe..."

Just had to be said... :rolleyes:

(On a side note, when trying to find the video of the debate where she said that, I discovered there's 16.7 million results returned for "Sarah Palin hot". Even though I'd still hit it...that's disturbing.)

You choose interesting search criteria.

You choose interesting search criteria.

I searched on "Sarah Palin". Google suggested "Sarah Palin hot". Then, of course, I had to search that, on the principle of "Oh no, that can't be THAT common. That's just wrong."

And it is. Believe me. Is it ever. :rolleyes:

I searched on "Sarah Palin". Google suggested "Sarah Palin hot". Then, of course, I had to search that, on the principle of "Oh no, that can't be THAT common. That's just wrong."

And it is. Believe me. Is it ever. :w00t:

"sarah palin h" produces that as the 3rd result. :rolleyes::blush:

Wither under scrutiny? WTF? Where have you been? Apparently you haven't been here much in the last year, and haven't seen Palin average 3 threads a day. Every time I turn on any news program, I am sure to see her being criticized, scrutinized, you name it. In fact, I can't remember the last time I watched a news program that didn't discuss Palin. Hell, apparently this Glee show even wrote a cheap shot about her. And besides, she has already faced the scrutiny of a Presidential campaign...to the point that McCain hardly had to deal with any. She has been under consistent scrutiny, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Might be time for a rethink on the Palin/scrutiny idea.

If you/your buddies have been soooo successful at marginalizing her, why does she keep ending up on my TV?

The idiot MSNBC answer is: she's an easy target because she's an idiot, so let's put her on.

The smarter Fox News answer is: she's very popular and popular means ratings, so let's put her on.

The genius Republican answer is probably: move her to the front, let her take all the heat for the next 5 months. We will roll over the Democrats in September, when we come out swinging, and they haven't learned to say anything but "Palinbad".

I love the fact that you, of all people, are now saying "Reagan thought about what he said". I would like to know: has that been your consistent position on Reagan? or, has your position "evolved". :bag: Also, what title will Palin get if she does the same thing Regan did? The Great Annoyer? Raspalin?(Rasputin?)

EDIT: I forgot: You think the Republicans are going to go for a Mainstream Candidate? Just like the Democrats did? :w00t: