The suck up channel

Oh my god! how can anyone watch NBC news anymore especially the morning show. Puff after puff on the Obamas and Dems and slam after slam on Palin and the Rep. even in their "hard news" stories. How embarrassing for them.

Listen, it's all they got. They are losing in the court of public opinion in every single substantive matter.

Health Care FAIL.

Stimulus FAIL.

Handling of KSM FAIL.

Deficit Spending FAIL.

Job creation FAIL.

Tickling of staffers KA-CHING!!!!

so when you got nothin, the easiest target is PALIN. Meanwhile she's making millions, slamming the pres, smiling and laughing at the expense of the libs. God bless her :w00t:

I *WANT* to not like Palin. The screechy voice, the shallowness of her knowledge, etc.

But as long as she makes Libs and the media at large her little dogs doing their flips and yapping every time she says "jump", she remains.....AWESOME.

For example, there's nothing like watching an elitist c-nt like Mika Brzchnistytytrdzxvc, with her coiffed hair and Cronkite wanna-be temperment lose all composure, drop her eyes and seethe right on TV just at the mere mention of Palin's name. Its entertainment gold.

I *WANT* to not like Palin. The screechy voice, the shallowness of her knowledge, etc.

But as long as she makes Libs and the media at large her little dogs doing their flips and yapping every time she says "jump", she remains.....AWESOME.

For example, there's nothing like watching an elitist c-nt like Mika Brzchnistytytrdzxvc, with her coiffed hair and Cronkite wanna-be temperment lose all composure, drop her eyes and seethe right on TV just at the mere mention of Palin's name. Its entertainment gold.

Palin isn't Presidential material, but her guiding principles are great. She's got nothing ot lose by calling out the libs and yes, she drives them crazy.

I *WANT* to not like Palin. The screechy voice,

That right there is enough for me. She's !@#$ing horrible. She sounds like a cross between my mother and a cat hung by it's tail scratching against a pane of glass with its claws.

But I hasten to add: I'd still hit it. As long as she didn't say anything.

Palin isn't Presidential material, but her guiding principles are great. She's got nothing ot lose by calling out the libs and yes, she drives them crazy.

She got her guiding principles from David Hannum (look it up). Be careful what you wish for. If she continues to garner the spotlight at the expense of other Republicans like Romney and Gingrich, she could very well end up as the Republican nominee in 2012. And that would be great (for Obama).

She got her guiding principles from David Hannum (look it up). Be careful what you wish for. If she continues to garner the spotlight at the expense of other Republicans like Romney and Gingrich, she could very well end up as the Republican nominee in 2012. And that would be great (for Obama).

Oh the agony of a decision in that case.

That right there is enough for me. She's !@#$ing horrible. She sounds like a cross between my mother and a cat hung by it's tail scratching against a pane of glass with its claws.

But I hasten to add: I'd still hit it. As long as she didn't say anything.

Palin is more a reality TV star than a politician.

She's a talking head that regurgitates whatever points gets the crowd excited. While I certainly agree with less gov't involvement, and less spending, I wish this woman would just keep her mouth shut.

** I'd still hit it as well.

I don't know about that.

First, I agree with most here that Palin is, well, Palin. However, as I have said before, all the media has been doing since day 1 is attacking her. They are very rapidly running out of bad things to say about her: what's left? They have already hit her family, experience, being a hick, knowledge, etc....and yet she remains. Perhaps screechingly annoying as ever...but also, as effective as ever in terms of her message.

This has happened before with Reagan. The "Great Communicator" was only given that title AFTER he had been able to consistently refute/ignore/marginalize the constant liberal media attacks on him. That title was their white flag. And they gave him that title...because, after all, it wasn't what he said that made sense, or, the fact that the ideas they espouse don't, it's just that he was so good at saying it. :rolleyes: And of course it couldn't be that they simply failed miserably...nah, they were up against a superstar...so that's why they lost. :blush:

I am therefore not so quick to call her a bad thing. How is Obama supposed to run against her exactly? Call her names? Say that she doesn't know what she's doing? Sorry, that's already been done. Frankly, an Obama/Palin campaign would put all of the focus on Obama...not Palin...and given his current performance?

I don't know about that.

First, I agree with most here that Palin is, well, Palin. However, as I have said before, all the media has been doing since day 1 is attacking her. They are very rapidly running out of bad things to say about her: what's left? They have already hit her family, experience, being a hick, knowledge, etc....and yet she remains. Perhaps screechingly annoying as ever...but also, as effective as ever in terms of her message.

Paris Hilton's still hanging around, too.

My dream is her as the Republican nominee and Obama struggling. Then we'd see many people flocking to a third party.

Oh the agony of a decision in that case.

You do know there will be more than just two candidates, right? I just question the will of this country- it ain't what it used to was......

Oh my god! how can anyone watch NBC news anymore especially the morning show. Puff after puff on the Obamas and Dems and slam after slam on Palin and the Rep. even in their "hard news" stories. How embarrassing for them.

I find it amazing how often people in this country watch things they hate......

And Phil Harris is dead.

Life just isn't fair.

And Pete Steele died today. UGH......

I was not thrilled with that first episode. I know everyobdy knows Harris passed, but they should have at least acknowledged it. I expected at least Mike Rowe to maybe make a short statement.....something.

You do know there will be more than just two candidates, right? I just question the will of this country- it ain't what it used to was......

Sorry, I was kidding around. I plan to vote against all incumbents for a while. I want to at least try to fire my bit of the lot. I will vote for a 3rd party candidate in the 2012 election (as I have the last two) for the President barring a major change of some sort.

And Pete Steele died today. UGH......

I have no idea who he is. Is he related to Remington?

I was not thrilled with that first episode. I know everyobdy knows Harris passed, but they should have at least acknowledged it. I expected at least Mike Rowe to maybe make a short statement.....something.

Respectfully, I disagree. I think everyone who watches the show knows he's passed, and stating something up front would have been not just needlessly redundant but needlessly maudlin. They don't really need an upfront statement of "These are Phil's last days, God bless..." Hell, the whole point of the show is that these guys are living on the edge, and you could be watching the last days of any one of them; it avoids such mawkish sentiment for that very reason.

And...but much of the scenes/clips of Harris in that episode were rather life-affirming (which I personally felt was done tastefully and with appropriate subtlety). Never mind the foreshadowing aspect of it (which is, again, redundant)...as a simple portrayal of the man's good nature and joie de vivre, it was a better tribute than any up-front statement could have been. It was a seriously well-done bit of work on the production staff's part (editors in particular), and I expect (hope) they'll continue the episodes in the same theme this season.