The ONLY thing that went against us today.....

We win, and continue to play a poor schedule coming up.

AND....

Baltimore loses.

Denver loses.

Jax loses.

But damn, the Chargers escape in KC. The Jets also win in Arizona but that was to be expected.

BUT, you have to LOVE Denver losing at home to Oakland. THose are precisely the things that we need to happen.

Now let's look after next week.......

Baltimore wins at home vs. Cincy

Denver LOSES at SD

Jacksonville loses vs. Pittsburgh

NY Jets wins at home vs. Houston

Then you have......

Pittsburgh

New England

Indy

San Diego

Wild Cards

NY Jets 9-3

Baltimore 8-4

Denver 7-5

JAX 6-6

Buffalo 6-6

Baltimore still is AT PITT and AT INDY. Denver is still at KC, and at IND, and AT Tenn. You never know! JAX will be a non-factor. Not likely. But if the Bills can get to 9-6, it will be interesting to see which teams "choke" their way back to us!

Is a SD win really that bad? It doesn't matter so long as Denver keeps losing right? I mean, someone in the West has to win the division, had SD lost to KC it may have allowed KC to creep back into the wildcard hunt, giving the Bills another team to worry about.

Instead, SD took a big step towards securing the West. Let 'em have it.

Or am I missing something?

Is a SD win really that bad? It doesn't matter so long as Denver keeps losing right? I mean, someone in the West has to win the division, had SD lost to KC it may have allowed KC to creep back into the wildcard hunt, giving the Bills another team to worry about.

Instead, SD took a big step towards securing the West. Let 'em have it.

Or am I missing something?

136964[/snapback]

Coud be right. Before the game though, I actually thought that SD might fall back to the pack, because their schedule is brutal too, but their win today at KC hurt that chance.

SD has Denver, AT INDY, AT Cleveland, KC.......I thought they'd lose today and AT Indy, then we'd only need one more. But now, they win, and it's Denver who might come back to us!

WOOHOO. We REALLY need SD to win next week.

Coud be right.  Before the game though, I actually thought that SD might fall back to the pack, because their schedule is brutal too, but their win today at KC hurt that chance. 

SD has Denver, AT INDY, AT Cleveland, KC.......I thought they'd lose today and AT Indy, then we'd only need one more.  But now, they win, and it's Denver who might come back to us!

WOOHOO.  We REALLY need SD to win next week.

136969[/snapback]

Ooooh, I got you now. I didn't realize SD had such a tough stretch ahead. Hmmm...this will be very interesting then.

Thanks for the info.

The problem isn't SD or Denver.

The problem is that we're 3 games back of both Baltimore and the Jets with only 4 to play.  :blush:

136974[/snapback]

Two things that will let us make the playoffs. Bills win out. Long Shot. And the schedule. Baltimore has no chance of winning AT INDY or AT PITT.

The schedule for ALL of the WC contenders is BRUTAL!

Like I said, if the Bills can take care of business, it will interesting to see which teams "choke" their way back to us. 3 of them starting today! It will continue to happen every week. The schedule is BRUTAL for all of them.

Two things that will let us make the playoffs.  Bills win out.  Long Shot.  And the schedule.  Baltimore has no chance of winning AT INDY or AT PITT.

The schedule for ALL of the WC contenders is BRUTAL!

Like I said, if the Bills can take care of business, it will interesting to see which teams "choke" their way back to us.  3 of them starting today!  It will continue to happen every week.  The schedule is BRUTAL for all of them.

136979[/snapback]

Dont forget Baltimore plays the Jets. Someone loses there

Don't we have 5 games left?

136977[/snapback]

Whoops. You're right.

I was just looking at the totalgamesplayed in the standings posted above w/o realizing that they were a projection fpr next week.

That's still an awfully long climb in which we have to leapfrog several teams.

Whatever may happen, we shall continue with style....... :blush:

Cya

The problem isn't SD or Denver.

The problem is that we're 3 games back of both Baltimore and the Jets with only 4 to play.  :blush:

136974[/snapback]

Actually 5 to play....

Like said before the Jets/Jags will definately be 9-7 or worse....

Denver with this lose to Oakland and pssobily fall to 9-7 now...

Baltimore will likely go 10-6(unless NYG or CIN can beat dem too)

Bills beat MIA, CLE, CIN, SF then I believe the Pitt game will be for the playoff 6th spot....Hopefully Pitt will have clinched there bye and playoff spot by then....

Coud be right.  Before the game though, I actually thought that SD might fall back to the pack, because their schedule is brutal too, but their win today at KC hurt that chance. 

SD has Denver, AT INDY, AT Cleveland, KC.......I thought they'd lose today and AT Indy, then we'd only need one more.  But now, they win, and it's Denver who might come back to us!

WOOHOO.  We REALLY need SD to win next week.

136969[/snapback]

Plus if SD lost today in KC...We wouldnt have to root for one side next week...We would just have to root against the team that lost...Now SD has got to win next...

Actually 5 to play....

Like said before the Jets/Jags will definately be 9-7 or worse....

Denver with this lose to Oakland and pssobily fall to 9-7 now...

Baltimore will likely go 10-6(unless NYG or CIN can beat dem too)

Bills beat MIA, CLE, CIN, SF then I believe the Pitt game will be for the playoff 6th spot....Hopefully Pitt will have clinched there bye and playoff spot by then....

136985[/snapback]

Screw that. I hope PIttsburgh HAS to win that game for homefield. I want that. That will be playoff atmosphere. Since we wouldn't have a home playoff game IF it happens......I want Pittsburgh's best. And again......we match up well vs. Pittsburgh. They will not run on us. Big Ben will have to win it on the road, in bad weather. I like our chances!

I hope PIttsburgh HAS to win that game for homefield. I want that. That will be playoff atmosphere. Since we wouldn't have a home playoff game IF it happens......I want Pittsburgh's best.

I live in Western Pennsyltucky so I'm definitely down for that.

When we whip their fading asses I don't want to hear from the locals about how it was because they were resting people.

Cya