NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

lol, I never fall of the bandwagon! There was one reason and one reason only why you guys won the game today....Niemi. There is no way that guy is going to be able to keep holding up against the barrage of shots that we're taking....he's going to cave in soon....very soon!

I really hoped to win one of those two games, but that's okay...welcome to South Philly on Wednesday, baby...we'll get things done in our house and then take the next game in Chi-town. :rolleyes:

Jeremy Roenick thought the same thing before the trade deadline... Niemi is out to prove him wrong!

Didn't Roenick play for the Flyers too?

Roenick

:D

You go Niemi... Prove that frickan ahole wrong!

:P

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a rocket of a shot by Eager...wow. My buddy used to play lacrosse with him here in Ottawa. He said he was as big a prick in lacrosse as he is in hockey! :rolleyes:

Exiled, may I point you to the classic Scotty Bowman quote: "You're not in trouble til you lose one at home." If it was 2-0 Chicago heading back to Chicago, then I'd start polishing up the glorious mug, but you're going back to Philly which is just as loud as the Madhouse and about three times as mean. Niemi better get used to the mother of all hostile environments.

I'm intrigued to see if Flyer fans will mock the Hawks with their own version of Chelsea Dagger like they mocked the Habs.

Niemi was stellar tonight and despite his past playoff failings, Marian Hossa seems so determined to put an end to the Hossa Curse, even if he has to do it by himself. I've never seen him skate so hard.

Leighton played really well. Tough break on the first goal and, like I said, that Eager shot was a lazer.

Great series so far! As a neutral observer, I'm loving it!

That was a rocket of a shot by Eager...wow. My buddy used to play lacrosse with him here in Ottawa. He said he was as big a prick in lacrosse as he is in hockey! :rolleyes:

Exiled, may I point you to the classic Scotty Bowman quote: "You're not in trouble til you lose one at home." If it was 2-0 Chicago heading back to Chicago, then I'd start polishing up the glorious mug, but you're going back to Philly which is just as loud as the Madhouse and about three times as mean. Niemi better get used to the mother of all hostile environments.

I'm intrigued to see if Flyer fans will mock the Hawks with their own version of Chelsea Dagger like they mocked the Habs.

Niemi was stellar tonight and despite his past playoff failings, Marian Hossa seems so determined to put an end to the Hossa Curse, even if he has to do it by himself. I've never seen him skate so hard.

Leighton played really well. Tough break on the first goal and, like I said, that Eager shot was a lazer.

Great series so far! As a neutral observer, I'm loving it!

True... Good points... Chicago does play better on the road though... We will see. Will JQ keep the usual road routine? They have chicks and limos in Philly? Then start polishing that old peanut bowl! :D

Exiled, may I point you to the classic Scotty Bowman quote: "You're not in trouble til you lose one at home."

Like I said... Good point, but it doesn't really apply to Philly... It applies to Chicago... That rule only applies to the team with home ice advantage. Philly is in trouble because they can win all their games on home ice and still LOSE the series. Philly loses game seven and they are in trouble... :rolleyes:

Dude, I"m not sure the 'hawks will even score a GOAL the way the Flyers are playing these days....muah ha ha!!!

I'm sorry, were you saying something?

I have a proposition for management...anyone using a Phricking Phlyer avatar should be banned.

Until the Sabres can get their heads screwed on and build a real team...GO HAWKS!

I have a proposition for management...anyone using a Phricking Phlyer avatar should be banned.

Until the Sabres can get their heads screwed on and build a real team...GO HAWKS!

:P:wallbash:

You have Regier and Quinn's word that it is going to happen! :wallbash:

And here it was about 3 years ago when they couldn't give away 'Hawks tickets and the PR office was calling me and hounding me to buy tickets... I said: "Sorry, I am a Sabres fan, I only attend Chicago-Sabres games in Chicago... That is how you got my name :wallbash: ... I have rooted for the 'Hawks in the West/Campbell going way back to the Murray Bannerman/Orville Tessier days... :D ... But I still won't give them my "hard" earned money... Unfortunately that is for the Slugs and when they play games in Chicago..." :rolleyes:

Boy, the sure turn on ya fast around these parts! ;)

Ya... You can say that again AJ... Meaning you! :D I knew you were from (or at least through) Philly... But man you must have been laying low all these years... If you need any help just ask the former Buckeye Mike! :lol:

lol, I'm just not a huge hockey guy, that's all...when I lived in Philly, I followed the Flyers religiously cause you just can't help it! Once I left, I really only paid attention to hockey when the Flyers were in the playoffs, and the last time they were any good was when I was taking care of my mom while she was fighting cancer. So this is really the first time I've had an opportunity to let my fandom come out of its shell :worthy: Although I did have the Flyers logo up as my avatar last year briefly <_<

lol, I'm just not a huge hockey guy, that's all...when I lived in Philly, I followed the Flyers religiously cause you just can't help it! Once I left, I really only paid attention to hockey when the Flyers were in the playoffs, and the last time they were any good was when I was taking care of my mom while she was fighting cancer. So this is really the first time I've had an opportunity to let my fandom come out of its shell :D Although I did have the Flyers logo up as my avatar last year briefly <_<

I remember....I can vouch for you AJ...

Besides, isn't Exiled In Illinois the one who used to carp on about how lousy a league the NHL is?

Thanks, Buftex...nice to know SOMEONE has my back lol

As for tonights game....oops, THIS JUST IN....GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL BRIERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO

That's ALL we're gonna need right there....gonna SHUT EM OUT TONIGHT!!!!!!

Thanks, Buftex...nice to know SOMEONE has my back lol

As for tonights game....oops, THIS JUST IN....GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL BRIERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO

That's ALL we're gonna need right there....gonna SHUT EM OUT TONIGHT!!!!!!

Bite me. You should be run out of here on a rail for rooting for those bastards.

And I think you're a decent guy...or I used to. :lol:

Edit: <_< You'd think being a bills fan was enough to teach you not to talk spit mid-game. GOAL HAWKS

Friggin Niemi....we outshoot you guys 15-4 in the third, and can only get one past the bastard....amazing.

WTF.....Game 3 is on Versus? I don't have cable here yet, i don't want to go out drinking and watch the game...WTF....all the other games were on NBC....this frigging blows <_<

One good thing about Versus is their hot blonde Erin Andrews wannabe reporter

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

HELLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTH PHILLY IN DA HOUSE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK IT, NIEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_<