How hard is it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in school guy's no more took typing then they would take home economics. It is becoming a problem to me- I just can't type without looking at the keyboard. Is there a crash course I can take?

Mavis Beacon

When I was in school guy's no more took typing then they would take home economics. It is becoming a problem to me- I just can't type without looking at the keyboard. Is there a crash course I can take?

My typing teacher just had us do all of the letters like JJJ JJJ JJJ and then we'd move on to other letters and then simple words. You must keep your hands on the home row though. Left pinky on A and then the rest of the fingers on the keys up to F. Right hand pinky is on ; key and the rest up to J. This leaves G and H in the middle of the hands.

Then just type each key many times and use the space bar with your thumbs. Keep doing this over and over starting to type simple words when you get enough letters like Job or two or other things use the SHIFT bar to get capital letters.

(In my best Leslie Neilsen) Good Luck, we're all counting on you. :w00t:

My typing teacher just had us do all of the letters like JJJ JJJ JJJ and then we'd move on to other letters and then simple words. You must keep your hands on the home row though. Left pinky on A and then the rest of the fingers on the keys up to F. Right hand pinky is on ; key and the rest up to J. This leaves G and H in the middle of the hands.

Then just type each key many times and use the space bar with your thumbs. Keep doing this over and over starting to type simple words when you get enough letters like Job or two or other things use the SHIFT bar to get capital letters.

;fjg [perkg [egr[e ;'f]rr

It works :D May need a little practice though :lol:

OK I think I get the concept. Each hand is responsible for it's side of the keyboard?

Sounds dumb, but find someone to instant message with. Whether it be on facebook, aim, or whatever, that's where most people learn to type growing up. I couldn't type worth a crap until college when everyone contacted via IM.

Basically, find ways to integrate it into your normal routine and type things you would normally think or say.

I learned typing high school freshman year. All it is, is just a bunch of exercises they force you to do and then it all gets put together in the form of just typing up big assignments. Its easy to learn as long as you find either a teaching program or someone to teach you.

My dad who is 52 going on 53 learned how to type in a rudimentary fashion rather quickly. I type pretty well its standard fare in the modern computer age for kids to know how to type.

I learned typing high school freshman year. All it is, is just a bunch of exercises they force you to do and then it all gets put together in the form of just typing up big assignments. Its easy to learn as long as you find either a teaching program or someone to teach you.

My dad who is 52 going on 53 learned how to type in a rudimentary fashion rather quickly. I type pretty well its standard fare in the modern computer age for kids to know how to type.

Problem is I am the same age as your Dad. Men did not type in 1974. Woman did. Men fixed cars and made steel. But I leaned how to fly a plane, so I guess if I put my mind to it I can learn to type.

Problem is I am the same age as your Dad. Men did not type in 1974. Woman did. Men fixed cars and made steel. But I leaned how to fly a plane, so I guess if I put my mind to it I can learn to type.

Can we switch? I've always wanted to fly a plane.