Anybody Watch "Treme"

plenzmd1

I have been implored by many to watch "The Wire" as well. I watched the first season, and honestly, although it was very well written and acted, I just never really got into it. I never got that "I can't wait to see what happens next" rush from it. I will likely watch the 2-5 seasons at some point, but I think it is just, possibly, the cop drama has been so done and done again, for me, it just doesn't retain my interest.

"The Wire" is NOT a cop drama. It's built like a house. Season 1 is the foundation for all of what comes after but it's a story about how each function of society contributes to its successes and failures.

Think it is possible the second season takes place prior to Katrina? The funeral "flashback" got me thinking they could go that direction...

That did occur to me since we basically lost Creighton, Delmond & Janette in that last episode. But the show is about how the locals are dealing with the effects of the storm. Season 2 will probably follow the downward spiral of Sonny, whatever happens with Annie & Davis, and the roller-coaster ride that is Antoine Batiste.

• 1 month later...
That did occur to me since we basically lost Creighton, Delmond & Janette in that last episode. But the show is about how the locals are dealing with the effects of the storm. Season 2 will probably follow the downward spiral of Sonny, whatever happens with Annie & Davis, and the roller-coaster ride that is Antoine Batiste.

Couple of notes here. Read in here http://www.nola.com/treme-hbo/ that each season will basically skip forward one year in time. They hope to still be on in 5 years to cover this mess with the oil now. Hints that they forshadow the deal the region has made with the oil companies, both the good and the bad, to start leading up to the story.

Also came on here to let people know the Wire is being shown now on the 101 Network on Directv, channel 239, Sundays at 9. I think they will run through all 5 seasons in a row, so should take us right through football season. At least that is what they did with Deadwood.

• 1 year later...