A question for the Bledsoe backers?

Let me first say this, if a miracle happens and the Bills do make the playoffs I hope Drew plays like a madman. His play today is most certianly a loss during a playoff game.

So what happens if we make the playoffs and Drew absolutely stevestojan's the bed? Let's say he puts up another performance like he did last Sunday night in New England. Will you still support him going into next season or will you jump of the bandwagon?

I'm just curious if your loyalty is to the man or to the team.

Let me first say this, if a miracle happens and the Bills do make the playoffs I hope Drew plays like a madman.  His play today is most certianly a loss during a playoff game.

So what happens if we make the playoffs and Drew absolutely stevestojan's the bed?  Let's say he puts up another performance like he did last Sunday night in New England.  Will you still support him going into next season or will you jump of the bandwagon?

136900[/snapback]

I don't care who the QB is as long as the team is winning.

That being said, if the Bills did make the playoffs (which I really think is next to impossible at the moment) and Drew had a terrible game, he would still be the starter next year.

Give him another shot with MM's system with a year's expierence under his belt. Besides, if he did lead the Bills to the postseason (even if he lost that playoff game) it would have meant the team went 10-2 down the stretch...that alone is worthy of another shot in my view.

Losman will get his chance, but it may not be until 06 given your scenario.

Let me first say this, if a miracle happens and the Bills do make the playoffs I hope Drew plays like a madman.  His play today is most certianly a loss during a playoff game.

So what happens if we make the playoffs and Drew absolutely stevestojan's the bed?  Let's say he puts up another performance like he did last Sunday night in New England.  Will you still support him going into next season or will you jump of the bandwagon?

136900[/snapback]

If you take all the emotion out of the equation, Drew Bledsoe, if his worse games the rest of the way are more like today's bad games (as oppoesed to the absolute meltdowns in Baltimore and New England) I can live with him as either a back-up or a starter (with a short leash) going into next season. I feel this way, wheter we win 8 or 10 games this year. The playoffs would be truly a miracle this year, even if we ran the table the rest of the way.

The problem is, in football as in most sports, emotions are a big part of it all. I think Bledsoe could handle returning to Buffalo (he is a pretty tough guy if nothing else), but I am not sure the fans at the Ralph could handle it. That being said, I would feel better with Bledsoe as Losmans' back-up (because I know he is mature enough to handle it, and that he is still capable of playing very well in spots), as opposed to letting him go (salary cap hit!) and signing another experienced vet to back-up Losman. I would not feel good about going into the season with Losman as the starter, and a vetran the caliber of Shane Matthews as his back-up. I am not as sure as some around here seem to be, that Losman is ready to start. If the team has a strong finish this year, it would be a very big gamble for next season to put it all on his shoulders. Remember, Brett Favre sat around 2 years before starting, and even then, had a lot to learn...

136900[/snapback]

It's not that hard. If the Bills make the playoffs, we will be a sacrificial lamb to the Indianapolis Colts. It doesn't matter how Drew plays. The TEAM is no where near ready for the Colts on the road!

I am backing Bledsoe as this years QB, just because Losman is not developed enough to win yet (see ELi Manning). I believe that for most rookie quarterbacks that it is to their benefit to sit at least a year, maybe 2 to learn the ropes (see Pennington and Culpepper).

136900[/snapback]

Loyalty is the reason why some of us are here. I am a Bledsoe backer and still believe that he can get it done as a quarterback. He can still make some fantastic throws. When the OL gives him time to throw, he can be outstanding.

Loyalty is the reason why some of us are here.  I am a Bledsoe backer and still believe that he can get it done as a quarterback.  He can still make some fantastic throws.  When the OL gives him time to throw, he can be outstanding.

137032[/snapback]

100% agree

136900[/snapback]

Is Bledsoe the QB to deliver an SB to the Blls?

Nope on my opinion.

Is Bledsoe the QB to deliver a playoff win to the Bills?

Nope in my opinion though if MM and the gang are as smart and tough about football as they were today, there is some chance that the braintrust will hand the ball off and hand it off again and use Bledsoe as a change-up rather than as the primary means for winning the game and if they do this we have a chance at winning a playoff game. Gowever, if we depend on him being Elway he ain't got the wheels and if we depend on him being Montana he ain't got the brain and we will likely lose the playoff game in the stevetojean manner you describe.

Is Bledsoe the QB to be a placeholder for our QB of the future until Losman is ready to contribute to the team?

Bingo we have a winner.

What the Bills and their fans can reasonably hope for from Bledsoe is that he will allow us to be competitive in games and improve his play until JP is ready. If he does that it will be a great service to Bills fans and to this region.

Today weas so great because it showed a world in which the team can win going away without depending upon its QB to work miracles because the D stops the run, the O runs the ball and the SWT makes critical plays to win the field position battle and win the game.

I don't see why folks keep asking the question is Drew as good as Elway, Montana or even Tom Brady because he ain't. The question is whether the Bills can win and get better while our QB of the future gets better and do with Bledsoe at the helm. Today's answer was emphatically yes.

If Bledsoe and the team can run the table to 10-6, make the playoffs?  And Bledsoe is a factor in winning the games?  Who knows?

137042[/snapback]

Hey, I am very happy with the way the Bills have played the last month and a half. Even if we run the table though, an awful lot would have to go right for us (or wrong for 3 of these teams:

Broncos,Jags, Jets, Ravens) for us to make the playoffs. If only we had won just one of those first four games! Anyway, I could forsee a scenario where the Jets and Jags fade, but the rest of those teams are playing pretty good football right now. No matter what happens, it should be a fun final 5 weeks!

Hey, I am very happy with the way the Bills have played the last month and a half.  Even if we run the table though, an awful lot would have to go right for us (or wrong for 3 of these teams:

Broncos,Jags, Jets, Ravens) for us to make the playoffs.  If only we had won just one of those first four games!  Anyway, I could forsee a scenario where the Jets and Jags fade, but the rest of those teams are playing pretty good football right now.  No matter what happens, it should be a fun final 5 weeks!

137060[/snapback]

I don't think all those other teams will collapse. An 0-4 start is probably too difficult to overcome. The Bills haven't really beaten a real difficult team yet either. St. Louis and Seattle have their moments, but they are wishy-washy.

I don't think all those other teams will collapse.  An 0-4 start is probably too difficult to overcome.  The Bills haven't really beaten a real difficult team yet either.  St. Louis and Seattle have their moments, but they are wishy-washy.

137062[/snapback]

Whatever happens down the stretch (save a 5 game losing streak) we are actually, for the first time in a number of seasons, seeing some signs that this dark period of Bills football has a light at the end of the tunnel.

We are starting to look like a dominant home team (step #1), we are beating crap teams that we should beat (step #2) and beating some decent teams (Jets, Seahawks and Rams- step #3). We are also, at last, getting contributions from our draft picks from the last 3 seasons. These are all things that we have been unable to do since 1999. We still have a few more steps, but it looks like we are getting there, finally.

The next big step is to establish that we can win tough road games. Todays' game was a good start. We tradionally have done pretty bad on the west coast. We were playing a team with a winning record, who had a lot to play for, and whose back was against the wall. We not only beat them, we crushed them. That may be as much of a statement of how bad the Seahawks are, or how much better we are getting. It is likely a little of both. No matter, this was an important win for the Bills. It is likely this was the toughest matchup remaining on our schedule going into todays' game, and we won.

As this team starts to win, they are playing 100% better (okay maybe 75% better) on offense, and the coaching staff and players seem to be gaining more confidence in eachother. Can you imagine the Bills calling as ballsy a play as Bledsoe's sneak-fake lateral to McGahee last season, or even 7 weeks ago? (Okay, let me restate, we can imagine Gilbride calling the play, but can we imagine it not being a disaster?) Great win for the Bills!

136900[/snapback]

To the TEAM!!!

Remember, everything is not all his fault! Be objective and you'll notice it too.

Yes, the threw 3 picks but had a decent completion percentage, chucked almost 300 yards and did have 1 TD.

Until Willis busted that 4th and 1 for the 30 TD, his yards/carry sucked. The line plays a major factor in this.

Teams didn't do much today but did give us some decent field position a time or two.

D was very good except for that last TD it gave up in the 4th.

We won this game cuz the Seattle receivers had the dropsies like ours did at the beginning of the year. They gave it to us!

136900[/snapback]

I will cross that bridge when it gets here. But, that win yesterday showed a total team effort. Finally this team is finding ways to win and keep it.

Seattle Seahawks are not a slouchy team. Just overrated.

Next up Squish the fish :blush:

I have always been a big time Bledsoe supporter but I have to say next year I want JP starting. One more loss this year and I want JP starting. But for now seeing the team is winning you have to support whomever is in there and Bledsoe gives us our best chance.

136900[/snapback]

Bledsoe sits when Losman's ready. Period. Doesn't matter what Bledsoe does in any hypothetical playoff game.