Trade down.

DarthICE

The best thing for this team is to gain more picks. I don't care if Jesus was sitting at #9 all the talent is about the same from pick 4 through the 3rd round.

I want to see us trade down twice to about 18 or so and take the best NT. Pick up QB and LT in round 2. OLB etc in rounds 3-7.

Now for those whining about LT, please stop. Quality LT's are there past the 'highest ranked guys'. And WTF does highest ranked mean? If Okung is #1 he is about an 8 on a scale of 10 of guys who have come out at best. So the rest are what? 7's? There is no less talent between the #2 Tackle and the #5 tackle, it all depends on who is the most coachable and has the most upside.

Trade Marshawn, Whitner and then trade DOWN and let Nix have a ton of picks to rebuild this team with.

And for the record, I am 100% on board with however Nix, Gailey etal build this team. Unless they !@#$ up about 3 years in a row, they got my full support. I feel these guys will turn it around.

Well, can Jesus play QB?

Seriously, I agree with you. More picks = faster rebuilding time. I trust the "Football guys" to get the players they think will help this team win...

its 6 one way half-dozen the other for me, the success rate of post-1st rd QB's is very low, but we need to fill a bunch of holes, so either way they do it i'll be ok with, I just really would like to see us grab clausen at 9, maybe if we get that 2nd or 3rd for lynch that would prevent us from trading back, who knows

Sure, I'd like to see them trade down, too. What I don't want to see is all of the whining that goes on here when they don't, because nobody else wanted to trade up with them.

its 6 one way half-dozen the other for me, the success rate of post-1st rd QB's is very low, but we need to fill a bunch of holes, so either way they do it i'll be ok with, I just really would like to see us grab clausen at 9, maybe if we get that 2nd or 3rd for lynch that would prevent us from trading back, who knows

If a difference making QB is there I say grab him. If not pull a belicheck. More is better, maybe this year, more than many others. Lots of bodies improves you chances of finding that diamond in the rough. When panning for gold you don't grab and hope, you need volume to sort through.

The best thing for this team is to gain more picks. I don't care if Jesus was sitting at #9 all the talent is about the same from pick 4 through the 3rd round.

I want to see us trade down twice to about 18 or so and take the best NT. Pick up QB and LT in round 2. OLB etc in rounds 3-7.

Now for those whining about LT, please stop. Quality LT's are there past the 'highest ranked guys'. And WTF does highest ranked mean? If Okung is #1 he is about an 8 on a scale of 10 of guys who have come out at best. So the rest are what? 7's? There is no less talent between the #2 Tackle and the #5 tackle, it all depends on who is the most coachable and has the most upside.

Trade Marshawn, Whitner and then trade DOWN and let Nix have a ton of picks to rebuild this team with.

And for the record, I am 100% on board with however Nix, Gailey etal build this team. Unless they !@#$ up about 3 years in a row, they got my full support. I feel these guys will turn it around.

I was with you until the trade talk. And Rubes is right, if no one wants to trade up there's not much you can do about it (don't be the Cleveland Browns and trade down just for the sake of trading down without getting equal value). You certainly don't need a top 4 OT but if it comes down to it I don't see the problem with drafting one (as long as it's not an Andre Smith (i.e. guaranteed bust) situation). Keep in mind, your third day draft selections are extremely watered down compared to rounds 1-3 and you can only have 53 men on the final roster, so stockpiling mediocre players doesn't really benefit you all that much.

Trading Marshawn and Whitner don't help the problem. They are both talented and will see the field - Marshawn will get up to 50% of the carries or more, depending on performance/injuries, and Whitner will see significant time at SS (or FS on obvious running downs). Trading them for third day draft selections isn't addition by subtraction, it's subtraction by subtraction. Don't forget, you need depth in this league to succeed.

1.(20th) Anthony Davis. OT- trade down and still got a OT

2.(41) Tim Tebow. QB Florida- this guy is the real deal. A winner and true leader.

2.(51) Cam Thomas. NT- Nose tackle that we needed.

3.(72) Riley Cooper WR- Tebows favorite target follows him.

Tim Tebow can't throw. Kind of a problem for your QB, isn't it?

He looked awesome yesterday on Sportcenter. He was working with John Gruden. If you set records at Florida, win 2 national titles and a heisman trophy, I think you can throw. :lol:

Tebow is considered to have "below average arm strength" and "below average accuracy," not to mention a throwing motion that Byron Leftwich thinks is slow. Is that what you want in your QB?

I saw the Sportscenter with Gruden just like I saw the one today with McCoy. He didn't make any throws! He interviewed, did some drills (hot potato, 7-step drop), but no real throws to speak of. If that - and his record as a spread offense running QB at Florida - makes you want to draft him, then you probably shouldn't be running an NFL draft. But the intangibles (i.e. leadership) are only relevant if you have the tangibles (arm strength, accuracy, can read a defense) in the first place.

Tommie Frazier led his team to two national titles and three national title MVP's. Would you want him as your starting QB?

The NFL Network (I caved and got it tonight) said Philly is looking to trade up to get a safety. Now, Eric Berry won't fall to us, but if he did (he won't), a trade would be a lot more likely. According to the NFL draft chart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670), our 9th overall pick would be worth Philly's 1st rounder (#24), their first 2nd rounder (#29), and their 4th rounder (#119). Just sayin'.

Are there enough good 3-4 NTs to wait till pick 18? Cody I guess?...assuming another team doesn't really like him.

There is if there are four or five of them that are nearly equal in ability and have a high second to low first round grade. Would rather wait till round 2 or 3 for the NT. Lindal Joseph..???