New trade partner... Pittsburg?

rocwocka

With the trade of Santanio Holmes they are going to be targeting a WR in this years draft, why not go after the most talented guy at the position in the draft? Dez Bryant will be sitting there at #9 for us, then come all the suitors: Jacksonville, Miami and Denver. If Pitt is looking for a game changer, this guy could be the guy for them. A trade from 18 to 9 would land us their #1, #2 and likely #5 in the trade. Would def change our options in the draft... I would guess if Bulaga or Clausen are there at #9, we would not make the trade. Who knows, we're all getting smoke blown up our butts at this time of year with ALL teams intentions anyway...

With the trade of Santanio Holmes they are going to be targeting a WR in this years draft, why not go after the most talented guy at the position in the draft? Dez Bryant will be sitting there at #9 for us, then come all the suitors: Jacksonville, Miami and Denver. If Pitt is looking for a game changer, this guy could be the guy for them. A trade from 18 to 9 would land us their #1, #2 and likely #5 in the trade. Would def change our options in the draft... I would guess if Bulaga or Clausen are there at #9, we would not make the trade. Who knows, we're all getting smoke blown up our butts at this time of year with ALL teams intentions anyway...

Not sure the prospect of trading for another head case is what Pittsburgh had in mind. I would bet they stay where they are and take another, less volitile receiver...

Pittsburgh has bigger issues @ CB and OL and they will probably use their first round pick in one of those directions.

Pittsburgh has bigger issues @ CB and OL and they will probably use their first round pick in one of those directions.

True, just speculating. They hardly ever trade up, infact, i think they only traded up once - to get Troy Polumalu. Still a chance they might, but probably not gonna bet the house on it...

The same thing would be true, though, with CB. If they want the best CB, he'll be available at #9,

top 3 CB's will not be available at the Stillers' pick at #18. Want Haden? MCCourty? Wilson? Come talk to us!

http://drafttek.com/round12010.asp

The Stellers could probably get it done by offering their 2nd rounder, #52 (see trade chart)

http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html

Resulting Draft:

18 Bruce Campbell LT Maryland

41 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida

52 Jared Veldheer RT Hillsdale

72 Brandon LaFell WR LSU

107 Linval Joseph DE East Carolina

140 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee

178 Rahim Alem OLB LSU

192 Vince Oghobaase DE Duke

209 Travis Ivey DT Maryland

216 Danario Alexander WR Missouri

I can honestly say I don't remember Pittburgh ever trading up...or down in the draft. They just patiently take the BPA every year, look like they're going to suck because they (again) lost their best player. And then go 11-5.

Plus, they signed Randle El, Arnaz Battle and have Ward, Sweed and Wallace already in town. Trade denied.

True, just speculating. They hardly ever trade up, infact, i think they only traded up once - to get Troy Polumalu. Still a chance they might, but probably not gonna bet the house on it...

They traded up to get (current NY Jet) Santonio Holmes.

The same thing would be true, though, with CB. If they want the best CB, he'll be available at #9,

top 3 CB's will not be available at the Stillers' pick at #18. Want Haden? MCCourty? Wilson? Come talk to us!

The Stellers could probably get it done by offering their 2nd rounder, #52 (see trade chart)

Resulting Draft:

72 Brandon LaFell WR LSU

178 Rahim Alem OLB LSU

Anything's possible, but it doesn't appear to be a Kevin Colbert type move. They can sit there and posisbly get Haden, Wilson, or McCourty. Or, they could end up w/ a guy like Iupati or Davis if there is a run on corners. I think by standing pat, they'll get a player that can help 'em @ one of those spots.

Resulting Draft:

72 Brandon LaFell WR LSU

178 Rahim Alem OLB LSU

A word of caution. Don't get enamored with the extraordinary athleticism of Bruce Campbell. He is a phenomal athlete who is not a top tier football player. Not only is his play at LT less than average but he is not a very durable player. Bruce Campbell is a show pony who will never be a plow horse on the ling. Buddy Nix is looking for productive players, not pretty players.

The most interesting selection you have on your board is DT Travis Ivey from Maryland. He could turn out to be a useful bulky NT who does his job of creating congestion at the middle of the line.

A word of caution. Don't get enamored with the extraordinary athleticism of Bruce Campbell. He is a phenomal athlete who is not a top tier football player. Not only is his play at LT less than average but he is not a very durable player. Bruce Campbell is a show pony who will never be a plow horse on the ling. Buddy Nix is looking for productive players, not pretty players.

The most interesting selection you have on your board is DT Travis Ivey from Maryland. He could turn out to be a useful bulky NT who does his job of creating congestion at the middle of the line.

Agree about Ivey. He's the sort of NT the Bills are looking for--the clogging the run lanes type.

Campbell, because I consider him a "one year wonder" that Nix and Gailey say they don't like, won't be coming to Buffalo. He's exactly what Al Davis likes, though!

They traded up to get (current NY Jet) Santonio Holmes.

Anything's possible, but it doesn't appear to be a Kevin Colbert type move. They can sit there and posisbly get Haden, Wilson, or McCourty. Or, they could end up w/ a guy like Iupati or Davis if there is a run on corners. I think by standing pat, they'll get a player that can help 'em @ one of those spots.

Haden won't make it through the gauntlet of midround teams interested in a CB this year.

The gauntlet is pick #10 (JAX), #13(SF), #16 (TEN), and #17(SF). At least two corners will come from this gauntlet.

Cleveland (#7) could begin the cornerback derby, but I suspect they take the more talented Eric Berry.

Additionally, other teams not in that gauntlet that still want a good CB from this draft include Baltimore (#25), Green Bay(#23), Indy(no 1st RD pick), Minnesota (#30), and Philly(#24).

Agree about Ivey. He's the sort of NT the Bills are looking for--the clogging the run lanes type.

Campbell, because I consider him a "one year wonder" that Nix and Gailey say they don't like, won't be coming to Buffalo. He's exactly what Al Davis likes, though!

There has been a lot of talk about how Crazy Al likes workout warriors. But in this draft I see him taking Trent Williams ahead of Campbell. Crazy Al might surprise us all and take Clausen with his pick, and needless to say break my heart.

Russ Lande, a draft analyst, was on WGR55 last week and was touting qb Crompton from Tenn. He felt that he would be going off the board in the third round. He even rated Crompton ahead of Clausen, which I strenuously disagree with. What a lot of people forget about Clausen is that he played on a very damaged foot. Even at this point he is not completely recovered from that injury. In my view, he is the most NFL ready qb in this draft. If we pass him up we will for a long time regret it.

With Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Okung, probably Berry, maybe Haden....all likely to be gone prior to #9 and either Williams or Bulaga as well....That should leave at least one of the 3 for us at #9 (either Bulaga, Williams, or Clausen). I don't like the idea of moving down to #18 either, but if Berry and/or Haden don't go in the top#9 and all those players are gone at #9 then I think it would be okay to do what you mentioned and trade down..but I really hate to!..lol....

I expect teams to try and move up to the #4, #5, & #7 spots. I think if Okung was gone before #4 (probably not likely)...then Washington would definitely move down and pick up a 2nd rounder to make up for the one they gave up for

McNabb..They might even do that regardless. I think K.C. at #5 is a good trade spot as Pioli would love extra picks IMO. Last year the Browns moved down multiple times, but the organizational structure has changed some there so it remains to be seen.

I think if we want a guarantee of getting Clausen...we're looking at #5 or if we're looking at a guarantee of getting either

Bulaga, Williams, or Clausen with our first rounder...then we need to trade to #7 and since it's a small move maybe a 3rd

and 5th rounder may accomplish that?

Yeah, lots of smokescreens prior to the draft......The Bills want a scatback, We'd like to add a 4th QB to the Mix, You can't

be a successful QB laying on your back, etc....Just what does all that amount to for our 1st round pick I don't know....but I guess that's the idea...the reason you bring in Tebow and have him wine& dined by a former player, the reason you go to

the combine to see Clausen, and his pro day, and have him visit O.P. as well....Lots of posturing and I'm sick of it, but yet

excited for the draft! Although, I hate that it's on weekdays under the new format and would love to have the first 2 rounds the same day...but oh well!