I'm 41...so WTH is it about the draft that makes me

We're not going to the Super Bowl. Given our history of draft's lately I'm still worried about us even picking a difference maker in the first round.

That being said, why am I still on the edge of my seat?

Why am I getting excited about Jimmy Clausen, Buluga (spelling, sorry), CJ Spiller, Williams, Tebow, Cody, Campbell or Gaither in a trade or the new Daisy Red Rider Pump Action BB Gun that I could shoot my eye out with?!

Why am I already planning my Thursday April 22nd a week in advance?

Why is logging online not good enough? Why do I want to run to the store and buy every draft guide on the shelf?

Why am I skeptical about everything I hear all year long by learned people, until I've investigated it myself, but in April, if Betty White is going to be on the NFL Network to talk about Golden Tate I have to program it into my DVR?

Man, I don't know whether to embrace this addiction or go for an intervention.

sigh

OK, I DO know...now give me a big hug and lets go Bills!!

We're not going to the Super Bowl. Given our history of draft's lately I'm still worried about us even picking a difference maker in the first round.

Why am I getting excited about Jimmy Clausen, Buluga (spelling, sorry), CJ Spiller, Williams, Tebow, Cody, Campbell or Gaither in a trade or the new Daisy Red Rider Pump Action BB Gun that I could shoot my eye out with?!

Why is logging online not good enough? Why do I want to run to the store and buy every draft guide on the shelf?

Why am I skeptical about everything I hear all year long by learned people, until I've investigated it myself, but in April, if Betty White is going to be on the NFL Network to talk about Golden Tate I have to program it into my DVR?

sigh

:unsure:

:D

I'm right there with d2d, although I'll be 42 on Friday.....ouch. I get excited every year at draft time, but then when the season starts I get kicked right in the gut by what I see the team has got. Kinda used to it, but it's still fun and it's even better this year as the Sabres will hopefully still be playing hockey.

I just hope the Bills draft a upper tier QB to make TC that much more exciting. Obviously I would love to see Levi Brown here, that would make it a great draft for me. He is the "present" I'm hoping for this Draftmas.

For me it's a combination of the unpredictablity of the draft, the excitement of seeing the future of our team and others, the start of a new season, and really just the culmination of many many days of speculation to see what FINALLY unfolds. Like many of you, I'm on here every day reading about the draft. When it actually happens, and you get to see it live....I don't know, I guess it makes all the time spent speculating worth it.

It's because as a Bills fans, the "off-season" is our season. I can hardly sleep I'm so jazzed up with the prospect of more draft busts wearing our beloved ink-stain blue colors, come September. Who knows, we might even draft a DB in the first round! And as if that's not enough to make you wet your pants.....THE SCHEDULE's COMING OUT!!!! Whoopeee!!!

September through December is just the precurser to our actual moments or hope and glory that come with the draft, OTAs, training camp, etc.

Nobody can say we suck during these months. Well, they can say it, but it's a lot easier to categorically prove in the fall.

Even when we get blown out by the Lions at the end of August, we can still say, "hey, it's just an exhibition - a meaningless game". Of course, if we're on the winning side of the blow-out, "we're going to the superbowl!"

Yes Bill's fans, this is our season. The offseason. God bless Ralph Wilson for making it possible. Isn't being a Bills fan the best?!!? The best.

Imagine how we felt last year when we unwrapped our present only to find a Maybin, instead of the toy we all wanted in Oher or Orakpo. Felt like geting a tie for Christmas, didn't it?

Great comments, guys.

I'll miss going to Bagel's this year (well, I missed it last year, as well) to watch the draft...you all would have loved it; draft guides all over the floor, pizza to be eaten, interviews to go through, movies in between picks and back yard quarterbacking achieved with his two young sons playing D-Lineman...yeah, there was a lot of passing.

:unsure:

:D

:P

Cuz each year we keep hopin' that big present under the tree is the 'Johnny 7' with grenade launcher! However, come Fall, it turns out to be just another big bag of coal..

As RF said, Hope Springs Eternal!

careful, you'll shoot your eye out....

I don't know, I have you beat by a few years and the stinkin' draft still gets me every year. I could just read about it on-line sometime after it happens, but no, I have to sit there and watch the whole thing.

I am 48 and always have felt the same way.

I actually DVR both the NFL Network and ESPN so I do not miss any of the comments about the Bills.

I already warned my wife that the draft begins on a Thursday night.

sigh

LMAO I am the same age and feel the same way

sigh

i am in the exact same boat. its the offseason is so long, that this is the only football related entertianment we get til ota's and mini camp