Confederate Soldiers Were Terrorists

At least according to this idiot.

When you make the argument that the South was angry with the North for "invading" its "homeland," Osama bin Laden has said the same about U.S. soldiers being on Arab soil. He has objected to our bases in Saudi Arabia, and that's one of the reasons he has launched his jihad against us. Is there really that much of a difference between him and the Confederates? Same language; same cause; same effect.

So because the South was angry with the North for invading the south just as Obama is angry at the US for having it's military in the Middle East that makes the Confederate soldiers terrorists? That logic isn't even worthy of this board let alone CNN.com

At least according to this idiot.

So because the South was angry with the North for invading the south just as Obama is angry at the US for having it's military in the Middle East that makes the Confederate soldiers terrorists? That logic isn't even worthy of this board let alone CNN.com

Some of the Confederates were - Quantrill's Raiders, for example. Or Jesse James.

But the author's logic is incredibly stupid. It's not belief that defines terrorism, it's the means.

Probably not a good idea to drive it to Florida. :)

I am not sure JJ meant that... What did it mean JJ?

That the CSA were fighting against terrorism (the US were the terrorists) or the US was fighting against terrorism (the CSA were the terrorists)?

That is why it is so silly to even try and define the word... Who can't claim "terrorism?" B-)

I am not sure JJ meant that... What did it mean JJ?

That the CSA were fighting against terrorism (the US were the terrorists) or the US was fighting against terrorism (the CSA were the terrorists)?

That is why it is so silly to even try and define the word... Who can't claim "terrorism?" B-)

Stars and Bars = Confederate flag. So the CSA was fighting the terrorists from the North.

Stars and Bars = Confederate flag. So the CSA was fighting the terrorists from the North.

That is what I thought Jack. That was my first read on it. I am not sure why JiA said they wouldn't want to drive through FLA...?? Actaully, the bumper sticker would be welcomed down there... No? B-)

"Probably not a good idea to drive it to Florida. ~JiA"

?? :)

Jim, you showing a conscience here? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Western Africans? :unsure:

I wonder who the West Africans thought the terrorists were?... They obviously needed firearms from the europeans. Maybe they didn't want to become slaves themselves? So they took the weapons and turned on their own people for the trade-off.

Around and 'round we go... Where it stops nobody knows!

Some of the Confederates were - Quantrill's Raiders, for example. Or Jesse James.

But the author's logic is incredibly stupid. It's not belief that defines terrorism, it's the means.

I saw a discovery channel piece about Jesse James, the premise was that he was actually raising money (By stealing from banks) for a revival of the confederate army to rise up again and take over the south, texas and mexico. It was really interesting, they even found a cache of coins presumably buried by Jesse James. They even showed evidence that his death was staged to escape prosecution and was helped by high ranked officials.

Definition of Terrorism = the systematic use of terror as a means for coercion....

Definition of Terror = Violent or destructive acts to intimidate

In that context aren't all slave owners and traders terrorists?...

Yes. That makes the south and the CSA... Wait for it... Wait for it:

A Terrorocracy!

Hey... Is that a new word? Okay, bummer... I did a quick search and find the answer to be no. :unsure:

I wonder who the West Africans thought the terrorists were?... They obviously needed firearms from the europeans. Maybe they didn't want to become slaves themselves? So they took the weapons and turned on their own people for the trade-off.

Around and 'round we go... Where it stops nobody knows!

Like much of the world at various times, slavery was flourishing in Africa before the slave trade, with most areas apparently comprised of at least a third slaves.

http://www.britannica.com/blackhistory/article-24157

Slaves were primarily captured in war, or enslaved for crimes or debts. They were treated as an export commodity before the middle passage was opened up. At least initially I suspect the desire for guns was driven more by local politics than fear of enslavement by merchant raiders.