Derrick Morgan

I hope not. Its not that I dont think he is a great player and all - cause he is - but at 9 there should be better options. Hes not a 3-4 prototype, and at 9 thats what we should be getting at olb. I think Graham would make a better olb so I would rather have him. Same with Kindle. We could also take D. Williams to play the nose. Thats assumeing Clausen and Okung/Bulaga are gone.

We could also land a Jerry Hughes in the 2nd or Eric Norwood in the 3rd/4th who could probably produce similiar numbers considering the role they will be playing on this team.

This stupid sh*t team tooke Maybin last year they are going to have to live with him at OLB in the meantime.

I have a feeling were gonna make a movie for this guy

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-foot..._derrick00.html

Can fans see it too?

This wouldn't be a bad idea. Nolan Nawrocki believes he can play anywhere on a 3-4 or 4-3 line. He showed up at the combine at 266 pounds but has played at 280. Great DE's are hard to find. He's not a sack machine, most 3-4 DE's aren't, but he's a run stuffer and can open up lanes for the OLB's. IMO, it would be silly to pass him up. The Bills have the most complete scouting information on this guy so if they take him I'll be very sure they know what they're doing.

Can fans see it too?

This wouldn't be a bad idea. Nolan Nawrocki believes he can play anywhere on a 3-4 or 4-3 line. He showed up at the combine at 266 pounds but has played at 280. Great DE's are hard to find. He's not a sack machine, most 3-4 DE's aren't, but he's a run stuffer and can open up lanes for the OLB's. IMO, it would be silly to pass him up. The Bills have the most complete scouting information on this guy so if they take him I'll be very sure they know what they're doing.

I really like Morgan, but there's a 50/50 chance he's gone at #9.

Looking at your mock I really don't like Saffold. Look at his film. He's athletic so he's been getting a lot of attention, but his play on the field is that of a 4-5th round prospect.

I hope not. Its not that I dont think he is a great player and all - cause he is - but at 9 there should be better options. Hes not a 3-4 prototype, and at 9 thats what we should be getting at olb. I think Graham would make a better olb so I would rather have him. Same with Kindle. We could also take D. Williams to play the nose. Thats assumeing Clausen and Okung/Bulaga are gone.

We could also land a Jerry Hughes in the 2nd or Eric Norwood in the 3rd/4th who could probably produce similiar numbers considering the role they will be playing on this team.

This stupid sh*t team tooke Maybin last year they are going to have to live with him at OLB in the meantime.

I don't get the Dan Williams love. Guy showed up for one season. His value is much later in the draft. Don't reach for needs. As a top 10 pick, Williams has bust written all over him.

Beside that, NT is a key position in a 3-4, but short of being a once in a decade type prospect you shouldn't have to use a top 10 choice on a huge guy just to take on two blockers and make tackles 2-3 feet to either side of him.

One of the great things about the 3-4 is that you don't need extraordinary athletes on the DL to make it work. Just big, strong players. At OLB, you can take guys who would be DE tweeners in a 4-3. You can find those guys outside of round 1 as well. The Bills are in a situation where they need to make the best use of their premium draft picks, not overdraft for a scheme that is supposed to make more efficient use of available talent.

I really like Morgan, but there's a 50/50 chance he's gone at #9.

Looking at your mock I really don't like Saffold. Look at his film. He's athletic so he's been getting a lot of attention, but his play on the field is that of a 4-5th round prospect.

Somebody here posted an interview with a scout who said Saffold can flat out play. I had been thinking of changing that pick but after that I decided to keep him there. He's a legitimate 2nd round pick and he'll be long gone by the 4th round, JMO.

I hope not. Its not that I dont think he (Derrick Morgan) is a great player and all - cause he is - but at 9 there should be better options. Hes not a 3-4 prototype, and at 9 thats what we should be getting at olb. I think Graham would make a better olb so I would rather have him. Same with Kindle. We could also take D. Williams to play the nose. Thats assumeing Clausen and Okung/Bulaga are gone.

I agree with Thoner that (I like) Brandon Graham better than Derrick Morgan, and for the reason that from watching the very extensive highlight packages on Youtube on both players, it looks to me like Graham is much better suited to being a rush linebacker than is Morgan. Morgan looks more like a defensive end. They are very close but I think that Graham's low center of gravity, suddenness, outstanding use of hands, and motor, are all better than Morgan's.

That said, either player would be great to have.

As I posted the other day (and in response to Thoner's last bolded comment), both Morgan and Graham played primarily left defensive end throughout their college careers and if anything, are more effective, rushing from the left side. This works out very well because top notch pass rushers usually rush from the right side of the defense. If the Bills were to draft one of the two, that player could rush from the left side while Schobel/Maybin could rush from the right side. With either of these two guys we would be able to exploit any of our opponent's pass protection weaknesses.

The NFL is a passing league and you just cannot have enough pass rushers. Imagine our secondary with a good pass rush in front of them.

As I posted weeks ago, I generally think pass rusher is a greater need than nose tackle...depending on which specific players we're talking about, of course.