Marshawn on his way out

WordByrd

This avatar is making me feel so popular around these parts!

anyway, would you be happy if Bulaga ends up being a solid RT? I know LT is more important, but we need solid starters on our line no matter what. If there isn't a LT left, I might take Bulaga if he can transition into a good RT.

We signed our starter at RT and NO I am not going to be happy if we spend the #9 pick on a right tackle

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why you go with the good ole #40 JD Hill jersey. It never gets old.

It truly IS the silly season. Who the heck is Patrick Moran and why is his twitter any better than the ideas I get while sitting on the crapper?

He is a poster from another site who fancies himself as a sports journalist. He is wrong as often, if not more often than not about his "tips", insights, etc. Yet, just like baseball, if you keep on swinging, you're bound to get a few hits.

It doesn't take much to see that somethings up with Lynch, his no show, etc. Clearly, he lost his starting job last year, and any athlete worth his salt wouldn't be happy about.

I bought an autographed Jim Kelly jersey recently, how does that factor in to the equation?

and put me on this list :wallbash:

No problem as long as your last name is Kelly. Buy a Bills jersey and put your own name on it for god's sake. What is with this jock idol worship? Do you think you are like them because you wear their name? Wear you own name and wear it proudly.

I do agree about the avatar.

No problem as long as your last name is Kelly. Buy a Bills jersey and put your own name on it for god's sake. What is with this jock idol worship? Do you think you are like them because you wear their name? Wear you own name and wear it proudly.

I do agree about the avatar.

Yeah because buying a Team's jersey and putting your name on it like you're actually on the team is so much better. I can understand if some people might not be into wearing player's jerseys, but putting your own name on a pro team's jersey is about the lamest thing you could possibly do. Hell just wear a t shirt instead.

Yeah because buying a Team's jersey and putting your name on it like you're actually on the team is so much better. I can understand if some people might not be into wearing player's jerseys, but putting your own name on a pro team's jersey is about the lamest thing you could possibly do. Hell just wear a t shirt instead.

+1. It's appropriate to wear a jersey with your own name on the back if it was issued to you by a team you're currently playing for. Otherwise...yeah.

it's stupid to draft another RB in the first round at the expense of teh OL and front 7 because by the time you get around to building for the "long term", the RBs career in Buffalo will be over (see Travis Henry, Willis, Lynch, etc)

Look, I'm not saying to ignore the left tackle spot or the NT. I believe these to be our biggest needs. But if there is no one the bills brass think is worthy of the 9 pic, and spiller is rated way above everyone else, they should do it. by long term, i mean 2-3-4 yrs down the road. we'd be set at running back for 5-6yrs even if jackson is done in 3. surley we'll be competing in 2 years. That would be a sick backfield. (and travis and willis wanted to be traded.and i think lynch wants to be also).

but hell, what I'd like to happen is one of the better tackles is available at #9, NT at 41, and we get McCluster in the 3rd.

never buy a jersey that does not have your own name on it. it shows (1) you have no pride in yourself (2) you dream about men.

that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read

Look, I'm not saying to ignore the left tackle spot or the NT. I believe these to be our biggest needs. But if there is no one the bills brass think is worthy of the 9 pic, and spiller is rated way above everyone else, they should do it. by long term, i mean 2-3-4 yrs down the road. we'd be set at running back for 5-6yrs even if jackson is done in 3. surley we'll be competing in 2 years. That would be a sick backfield. (and travis and willis wanted to be traded.and i think lynch wants to be also).

but hell, what I'd like to happen is one of the better tackles is available at #9, NT at 41, and we get McCluster in the 3rd.

by the time they are good in 3-4 years, the RB you wasted the #9 pick on will not be on the Bills, either his career will be over since the average life expectancy is only 3-4 years or the Bills will trade him for peanuts

draft some big uglies who will be around for a long time

Look it is okay to buy a five year old a jersey with someone's name on it. But to wear one as an adult? Sooner or later you just have to f###in grow up.

If he's correct, I'd like to hear what two teams people think are in play. My guess is:

1. Philidelphia. They've got more draft picks than they know what to do with, just got rid of Brian Westbrook, and seem to like doing business with the Bills.

2. Cleveland. They've got question marks at RB, Holmgren is turning over the roster, and Mangini might have a positive opinion from past play vs the NYJ.

Other suggestions?

if we trade lynch and go OT or DT first (like they should), is there any late 1st, 2nd round backs that can step in and be good?

No, but Ben Tate in RD3 would be a good pick.

Or trade with the Rams and get Jahvid Best in the 3rd.

If the Bills take Spiller and neglect their OT and NT needs, it's more of the Marv/DJ method: more skill positions and neglecting the lines. Only difference is now Nix and Gailey are doing it. OT's and DT's aren't typically found in the low rounds, and passing on them in a draft with plenty of them would be a colossal mistake.

You are correct as usual.

Marv and Jauron were every bit as bad as it gets but still, it remains to be seen if the new duo is any better. I take solace in the fact that I truly cannot imagine a way they could be worse, but I still have to see a productive draft to believe that the Bills management is somehow competent.

When Levy selected Whitner at #8 with his first selection as Bills GM, it was as plain as day that he was oblivious, incompetent and inept. It won't take long to figure out Nix and Gailey; we will know in several days.