Who to root for and against

daquixers

The Miami Dolphins lost to a team we just beat 38-9 and barely squeeked out a win against one of the worst teams in NFL history. I think we will hold our own against them!

136741[/snapback]

Dont get caught using that faulty logic of if we beat team a and team a beat team b then logic says we too can beat team b. The NFL doesnt work like that.

That said, I think you guys kick the crap out of Miami next week. Too bad the NFL wussed out and switched the home/away games for them against Buffalo and NE so that they dont have to play in the cold weather.

Dont get caught using that faulty logic of if we beat team a and team a beat team b then logic says we too can beat team b.  The NFL doesnt work like that. 

That said, I think you guys kick the crap out of Miami next week.  Too bad the NFL wussed out and switched the home/away games for them against Buffalo and NE so that they dont have to play in the cold weather.

136751[/snapback]

Interesting story that will come out this week...Willis returns to Miami. I think he comes back in a big way and reminds everyone just how dominant he was in that city.

Dont get ahead of yourselves.  Enjoy today's win and put your focus on beating the Phins in Miami next week and THEN root against some other teams.   

If you dont beat Miami then your playoff hopes are all but lost as they are on life support as it is.  One game at a time is not a stupid cliche'.

136739[/snapback]

Agreed.

Getting to .500 would be a great confidence booster for this team being that the Bills were 0-4. One game at a time.

And Im really not thinking playoffs. If they were 6-5, then I would give it a thought.

If the Bills go 5-0 and assuming the current division leaders NE, Pittsburgh, Indy. and San Diego win the Divisions they would need any two of the following......

Jets to go 1-4

Ravens to go 2-3

Broncos to go 2-3

and

Jacksonville to finish no better than 3-2

Stranger things have happened.

If the Bills go 5-0 and assuming the current division leaders NE, Pittsburgh, Indy. and San Diego win the Divisions they would need any two of the following......

Jets to go 1-4

Ravens to go 2-3

Broncos to go 2-3

and

Jacksonville to finish no better than 3-2

Stranger things have happened.

136978[/snapback]

We've been saying that all night. However, the exciting thing about that is this.......the schedule dictates that this IS NOT far fetched. That's what makes it cool. It isn't all that far fetched, other than the Jets. And 2-3 for the Jets would put us in a tie-break with them, and I'm not sure who would win that.

No team but the PATs have rushed at all against the Bills and neither will the Steelers. So the game for the first time will be riding completely on big BEN. My call is he wont know what hit him. He will be overwelmed. I can't wait. Bring on their starters!

Problem with this logic....

No team has been able to rush against the steelers either. So the game will be riding completely on DREW. And I am sure drew will know what hit him because it happens often.

Though I have to give him props today.

HUH? The only good bad they have seen all year was Rudi Johnson and he had 120 yards.

Oh, my mistake....

Come on man...

Clinton Portis...17 yards

Jamal Lewis.....62 yards

Rudi Johnson..yes 123 the first time, 62 the 2nd time

I dont know about you, but those are some pretty good backs held to pretty bad numbers. Other RBs this year:

Lee Suggs...30 and 38 yards, respectively

Westbrook...17 yards

Eddie George...28 yards

L. Henry....41 yards

Wheatley...24 yards

Bottom line. They are allowing ONLY 75 YARDS PER GAME on the ground. To put that in perspective, we all know how good buffalos run defense is and they are allowing 97 yards per game!

I am not saying willis will not put up good numbers against their D. BUT....their run defense is second to none. Combine that with the bad weather that is expected in january, and its a RUNNING game. It will come down to how well duece/bettis match up against our D, versus WM going against Pitt's D. Matchups are never that simple, but you cant just dismiss that amazing work pittsburghs defense has done against the run this season.