Sabre Fans

Dante

In a league where drafting teenagers is a shaky proposition at best, it looks like the Sabres really scored with their two 1st rounders in the '08 draft in Myers and Ennis. Nice job by the scouting computers and Darcy.

In the past, their M.O. has been to miss terriblly on the 1st rounder but find a few underrated gems in the 3rd-4th.

In a league where drafting teenagers is a shaky proposition at best, it looks like the Sabres really scored with their two 1st rounders in the '08 draft in Myers and Ennis. Nice job by the scouting computers and Darcy.

In the past, their M.O. has been to miss terriblly on the 1st rounder but find a few underrated gems in the 3rd-4th.

With Miller playing the way he has and being locked up for the next few years, plus Myers, Ennis, Kennedy, Mancari, and Gerbe, I'd say we look to be pretty set for years to come.

Knock, knock.

I wouldn't limit that to the Sabres. The NHL draft makes the NFL draft look like an exact science.

SABRES PLAYOFF SCHEDULE RELEASED

Sunday, 04.11.2010 / 9:44 PM / News Buffalo SabresThe National Hockey League announced this evening the schedule of dates and start times for the First Round of the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs between the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins.

Broadcast information has yet to be finalized by the NHL.

GAME DATE MATCHUP TIME (ET)

Game 1 Thursday, April 15 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

Game 2 Saturday, April 17 Boston at Buffalo 1 p.m.

Game 3 Monday, April 19 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

Game 4 Wednesday, April 21 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

*Game 5 Friday, April 23 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

*Game 6 Monday, April 26 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

*Game 7 Wednesday, April 28 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

*If necessary

SABRES PLAYOFF SCHEDULE RELEASED

Sunday, 04.11.2010 / 9:44 PM / News Buffalo SabresThe National Hockey League announced this evening the schedule of dates and start times for the First Round of the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs between the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins.

Broadcast information has yet to be finalized by the NHL.

GAME DATE MATCHUP TIME (ET)

Game 1 Thursday, April 15 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

Game 2 Saturday, April 17 Boston at Buffalo 1 p.m.

Game 3 Monday, April 19 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

Game 4 Wednesday, April 21 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

*Game 5 Friday, April 23 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

*Game 6 Monday, April 26 Buffalo at Boston 7 p.m.

*Game 7 Wednesday, April 28 Boston at Buffalo 7 p.m.

*If necessary

I have tickets to game 4 MTL vs WAS. Set me back 200$ but they are very close.

Maybe we'll meet in the later rounds eh? Although maybe pigs will suddenly learn how to fly as well?

Wow... Just looking, almost half (11) of the NHL teams are 100 pts. or more this season. BFLO would have been 6th in the West! And EDM isn't that much out of whack... They have more points (62) than some teams had in the past (mid-2000's PHI/PITT/CHI)

Parity anyone?

EDIT: Have SO's been on the rise this season??

If your Blue Notes were in the East they would be in!

:unsure:

They would be in but they don't deserve to be. St. Louis has some money to spend and some contracts coming off the books (Kariya, Chris Mason, Tkachuk) so they could be very active this off-season (Kovalchuk?).

TO me the hockey playoffs are one of the special sporting events of the year, regardless if my favorite team is in. When I was younger I loved to try to make it through those multiple OT games. And it always seemed Steve Levy was on the call with Darren Pang (bringing it full-circle, Panger does color commentary for the Blues. "HOLY JUMPIN'!")