Christian Ponder

Ramius

I've been wondering, whats the thoughts on FSU's QB Christian Ponder outside of the southeast, and specifically, outside of Tallahassee. Ponder should, and probably will be mentioned as a possible heisman candidate. Down here we obviously get see to see Ponder week in and week out, but i'm wondering what are the views on him outside of here around the rest of the country.

Is Ponder viewed for as good as he is, or is he not really noticed due to the team's (defense's) failures and his lack of gaudy TD numbers?

I've been wondering, whats the thoughts on FSU's QB Christian Ponder outside of the southeast, and specifically, outside of Tallahassee. Ponder should, and probably will be mentioned as a possible heisman candidate. Down here we obviously get see to see Ponder week in and week out, but i'm wondering what are the views on him outside of here around the rest of the country.

Is Ponder viewed for as good as he is, or is he not really noticed due to the team's (defense's) failures and his lack of gaudy TD numbers?

I see Ponder as a Mark Bulger type. Not great but could put up numbers if surrounded by athletes. Can win games, but might not necessarily be a winner.

It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this injury. But I don't hear him getting much pub around the country. The team hasn't been very good, and while he has proven he can rack up a nice completion percentage, it's time to turn it into victories. He really only has a win at BYU to hang his hat on.

Bottom line, the team went 4-5 with him as a starter last year, and 3-1 without him after his injury, including a bowl win. It's tough to throw the Heisman hype behind that in April. If they start out 4-0, and Ponder has good games at OU, vs. BYU, and vs. Wake, then he'll get some pub.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.