In Buddy we trust! (cool video of the Bird)

fyi i counted 5 clean picks vs 4 tipped picks, and one of those, the braylon edwards one where byrd was goin the opposite direction was a tough one, so I'd really say it was 6-3, all in all a great pick so far.

Yeah but it's not like those picks were jump balls. His reaction time is ridiculous.

Yeah but it's not like those picks were jump balls. His reaction time is ridiculous.

yeah I know, but it seems like some ppl want to discount byrds picks and said most of them came off deflections, which is simply not true, the majority of them came clean, and even the deflections, many of them, were difficult grabs. Jarius deserves all the credit for being such a huge impact in his rookie yr, there wasn't much luck about it IMO.

yeah I know, but it seems like some ppl want to discount byrds picks and said most of them came off deflections, which is simply not true, the majority of them came clean, and even the deflections, many of them, were difficult grabs. Jarius deserves all the credit for being such a huge impact in his rookie yr, there wasn't much luck about it IMO.

I saw only one BUF games last season...TB, and he wasn't in the lineup then IIRC. How was he in run defense?

I saw only one BUF games last season...TB, and he wasn't in the lineup then IIRC. How was he in run defense?

He improved as the season went on. All in all it seems to be the weaker part of his game, but remember he was a corner until this year. I think by the end of last season his run defense improved considerably.

And starting only 9 games and playing in only 13. Very very impressive. Dont know why he doesnt get more credit.

Warren Sapp and Darren Sharper were asked who are the best up and coming ball hawks. Really thought that they were going to mention Jairus, but instead Darren named Darrelle Revis, which i can understand. Then Warren Sapp says Asante Samuel. Are you kidding me? His coach just called him out in the media for his play and hes not up and coming, hes like 8 years pro. Didnt understand that one at all.

And starting only 9 games and playing in only 13. Very very impressive. Dont know why he doesnt get more credit.

Warren Sapp and Darren Sharper were asked who are the best up and coming ball hawks. Really thought that they were going to mention Jairus, but instead Darren named Darrelle Revis, which i can understand. Then Warren Sapp says Asante Samuel. Are you kidding me? His coach just called him out in the media for his play and hes not up and coming, hes like 8 years pro. Didnt understand that one at all.

It's simple, until the Bills start deserving some respect, they're not going to get any- No matter what they accomplish.

anyone that would discount the picks this kid had borders on absurd. i am pretty certain that every pick in the nfl was the result of the ball ending up in the wrong guy's hand. by extension something went wrong and someone capitalized on the error. JC, some bills fans are like a guy dragging himself through the desert, dying of thirst, then finding a bottle of water and complaining that it wasn't cold enough.

I was at the draft last year, and when I heard "the Buffalo Bills select Jairus Byrd, defensive back, Oregon," my immediate reaction was "Who the f**k is 'Jairus Byrd, defensive back, Oregon'?"

Shortly after that, I got a text message from a buddy who went to Oregon saying "He's a f**kin' ballhawk. You're gonna love him."

It appears my question answered itself and my buddy was pretty accurate...

Man, I remember being upset with this pick. I was wrong though, if he can have half the success this year as he did last, he'll still be better then anything we've had back there since... Well I can't even remember since when.

Nice Video BTW

He ran a 4.60 forty at the combine and I think that pushed him back a little. Just more proof of forty times being waaaaayyy overrated. Lindy's 2010 pre-draft magazine has a re-draft of the top ten picks from last year and they have Byrd being picked at #8 to Jacksonville instead of OT Eugene Monroe.

People want to run down Russ Brandon but he had a very good draft last year. (IMO the GM usually gets the credit or blame for a good or bad draft.)

fyi i counted 5 clean picks vs 4 tipped picks, and one of those, the braylon edwards one where byrd was goin the opposite direction was a tough one, so I'd really say it was 6-3, all in all a great pick so far.

The tipped picks just show how much field awareness he has. I can't remember a Bills player that's had as much field awareness as he does. I hope the new coaching staff doesn't try to limit his freedom. I don't think they will because they seem smarter than last years staff and the DB coach is the same.

He improved as the season went on. All in all it seems to be the weaker part of his game, but remember he was a corner until this year. I think by the end of last season his run defense improved considerably.

And he also wasn't in camp because of Oregon's late schedule. I didn't like this pick either (Like a lot of you, I was thinking "OMG, Jauron picked up ANOTHER DB."), but that's why I am not a scout....cause this dude is good.

Nice highlight video. You can stuff the soundtrack into your nether region, however.

I don't know if this was directed toward me but I didn't make the video just found it and passed it along... but IMO I like the song but i am a 23yo college student... so our gen might not be in the same area... I prob should have warned about the lang in the video though for the younger people that may or may not be on this board. sorry