This year's draft format?

I hate this new Draft set-up...usually I travel back to Saratoga, NY and make a weekend of Draft festivities with friends. Now, with it being on a Thursday and Friday, I'm obviously not taking time off work to drive 4 hours and hear names being read at a podium on tv.

The only silver lining is at least I can make the Bills Draft party this year.

I hate this new Draft set-up...usually I travel back to Saratoga, NY and make a weekend of Draft festivities with friends. Now, with it being on a Thursday and Friday, I'm obviously not taking time off work to drive 4 hours and hear names being read at a podium on tv.

The only silver lining is at least I can make the Bills Draft party this year.

I agree as well. I can understand that the NFL wants to put the draft on primetime tv and get more exposure/ratings, but it also hurts the fans that travel to see their team's draft.

I agree as well. I can understand that the NFL wants to put the draft on primetime tv and get more exposure/ratings, but it also hurts the fans that travel to see their team's draft.

Totally agree. I am out of the country for this year's draft anyway, but the new format is just ruining a good thing. Same thing will happen to the NCAA Tournament if they expand to 96 teams.

The almighty dollar makes these decisions and that will always win out, but it doesn't mean these events are better for it.

They will both be worse events due to this change, but will make more money so neither the NFL or NCAA will care.

We're going to need a three ring binder to fill out a bracket next year.

I'm hoping their $$$ grab backfires on them. For years, I turned on the box all draft day - I was part of their ratings. Last year's change was goofy - reducing the round times. Teams are making million-dollar decisions, trying to work trades - and they cut the 1st round time limit by a third. Insanity.

I'll tune in around the time BUF selects, and again when the Candy Stripers pick. Other than that - forget it. I'll check the web sites for other results.

That they stuck it to fans who attend is beyond question...

I'm hoping their $$$ grab backfires on them. For years, I turned on the box all draft day - I was part of their ratings. Last year's change was goofy - reducing the round times. Teams are making million-dollar decisions, trying to work trades - and they cut the 1st round time limit by a third. Insanity.

I'll tune in around the time BUF selects, and again when the Candy Stripers pick. Other than that - forget it. I'll check the web sites for other results.

That they stuck it to fans who attend is beyond question...

Stucky, ya know what makes the $$$ grab more annoying in this instance?

The fact that nobody, NOBODY, in the NFL hiearchy that made this decision can look around the room when they were making it, and say with a straight face, "Man, the fans are going to love this. This is a win-win, and they've earned it. I'm glad we are saving them from their Saturday/Sunday get togethers and draft parties with friends. Hats off,

everybody!"

:rolleyes:

They knew we were going to hate this. I mean they really, really knew.

. 25-30 years ago when I was a kid, I would play sick from school so I could stay home to watch the draft. Started at 7 or 8am on a Tuesday, went all night long until all 12 rounds were done, maybe some of the later rounds finished up the next day. What do you want from me, I was a kid??? Those were the good ol' days. Now I can't even take time off from work and have to carve out 2 nights and 1 day of my FREE TIME. Almost makes me not want to watch now....

Stucky, ya know what makes the $$$ grab more annoying in this instance?

The fact that nobody, NOBODY, in the NFL hiearchy that made this decision can look around the room when they were making it, and say with a straight face, "Man, the fans are going to love this. This is a win-win, and they've earned it. I'm glad we are saving them from their Saturday/Sunday get togethers and draft parties with friends. Hats off,

everybody!"

:rolleyes:

They knew we were going to hate this. I mean they really, really knew.

+100

A poker tournament during rounds 4-7, just isn't as interesting. Why bother having it.