Bulaga a Right Tackle?

The first question is his arm length right?...

Bulaga's measured at 33 1/4: " According to MoveTheSticks.com’s Daniel Jeremiah, Bulaga measured this morning with a 33 1/4 inch arm length."

Michael Roos (probowler)...32 1/2 inch...

Chad Clifton 33 even probowler

Chris Samuels and Matt Light both probowlers 33 1/2

Jason Peters 33 1/8 probowler

Jeff Backus 32 1/2....I know I know...they want to move him inside to guard because he has T Rex arms...but he did alright at tackle...

Okay...so how is it 20 percent of the Tackles in the NFL playing left side have similar arm length...I realize there are guys like Clady with 243253451341534 arms that make everyone drool because longer arms can make up for hand speed and technique...but honestly...there are also guys like Michael Roos, Matt Light, and Chad Clifton that are just as good...and there are also guys that play left tackle with above 34 inch arms that are crap...like John St. Clair, Mike Gandy, Kwami Harris, Levi Jones....so whatever....I think people pigeon holing Bulaga based on arm length are being over critical of the guy...

And these "analysts" contradict themselves...Kiper says he predicts Bulaga will play RT in the NFL and then says in his mock that the Bills get him to solve thier problem at LT...okay Mel....you're also the guy that said Ryan Leaf is more mature at 21 than Drew Bledsoe is....good call...okay Mel you're also the guy that said Wes Welker is not worth a 2nd round draft pick regardless of his work ethic...good call again...He did say that Brady Quinn would be better than Jamarcus...but then changed his mind and put him as the 4th best guy in the NFL draft...good call...

Same Kiper that said "That's why they keep picking second every year" after the Colts drafted Marshal Faulk..."See you at his hall of fame induction" regarding Mike Williams WR...this guy is full of knowledge...I'll tell ya...

In 2001 predicted the Pats would go 0-16 hehehehe...good call Mel

Also said "his attitude will be an asset at the pro level" of Ryan Leaf...also said this year Jimmy Clausen is better than Bradford...hehehhe...just like Leaf is better than Manning...and I'm sure Jimmy's attitude will be an asset for him at the pro level to...some people never learn...guess it fits him though...defending his high rating of Clausen "you got to commit to something and just stick with it" uh huh....good call I'm sure ;0)

Okay sorry, had to get my Clausen dig in there to...back to Bryan Bulaga...some analysts said he got owned by good pass rushers in College...

He gave up two sacks against Graham from Michigan...but on both of them, they didn't even give Bulaga a back or TE help...which is kinda F*cked up considering Graham is who has been clocked running the 40 in 4.6s range Orakpo speed...also, if you watch the entire game...Bulaga blocked him well for the good portion of the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELVIHDO96A...feature=related

Went up against Wootton from Northwestern...considered a future franchise pass rusher...never beat Bulaga...Jammie Kerlew from Indiana also consider one of the best DE's...never beat Bulaga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tNiGlcOcM

He's going to be something special at LEFT TACKLE...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYk6GzwHC4&feature=related

GO BILLS

Yeah the arm length thing is nit picking to me. Really there really is no sure pick. These guys all have talent. Heart and drive go along way. Drafting O-lineman in the top ten scare me. I`d like a top olb pass rusher.Graham Morgan or Hughes would do. I think you can find a good tackle in the second . With good coaching alot of these guys could pan out.

Yeah the arm length thing is nit picking to me. Really there really is no sure pick. These guys all have talent. Heart and drive go along way. Drafting O-lineman in the top ten scare me. I`d like a top olb pass rusher.Graham Morgan or Hughes would do. I think you can find a good tackle in the second . With good coaching alot of these guys could pan out.

Yeah the arm length thing is nitpicking although it's also very interesting. I want to thank Rfeynman for posting that earlier today. Like many of his posts, it was, relatively speaking, a work of art.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1812885

As far as all this talk I hear about Bulaga versus Derrick Morgan and Brandon Graham, it hasn't yet been noted on this site that both of those players played the majority of their snaps at left defensive end. In other words, both players went head to head with Bulaga for maybe about 20 snaps and maybe 12 pass plays.

BTW, (and I know this will be appropriated too, because people on this board almost never give credit where it is due or admit when they were wrong), either Morgan or Graham would be a great fit for the Bills, because the beauty of both players is that they are very effective rushing from the left side of the defense, which is a difficult thing to find. As such, Schobel and/or Maybin could remain on the right side and Graham or Morgan could rush from the left side.

The first question is his arm length right?...

Bulaga's measured at 33 1/4: " According to MoveTheSticks.com’s Daniel Jeremiah, Bulaga measured this morning with a 33 1/4 inch arm length."

Michael Roos (probowler)...32 1/2 inch...

Chad Clifton 33 even probowler

Chris Samuels and Matt Light both probowlers 33 1/2

Jason Peters 33 1/8 probowler

Jeff Backus 32 1/2....I know I know...they want to move him inside to guard because he has T Rex arms...but he did alright at tackle...

Okay...so how is it 20 percent of the Tackles in the NFL playing left side have similar arm length...I realize there are guys like Clady with 243253451341534 arms that make everyone drool because longer arms can make up for hand speed and technique...but honestly...there are also guys like Michael Roos, Matt Light, and Chad Clifton that are just as good...and there are also guys that play left tackle with above 34 inch arms that are crap...like John St. Clair, Mike Gandy, Kwami Harris, Levi Jones....so whatever....I think people pigeon holing Bulaga based on arm length are being over critical of the guy...

And these "analysts" contradict themselves...Kiper says he predicts Bulaga will play RT in the NFL and then says in his mock that the Bills get him to solve thier problem at LT...okay Mel....you're also the guy that said Ryan Leaf is more mature at 21 than Drew Bledsoe is....good call...okay Mel you're also the guy that said Wes Welker is not worth a 2nd round draft pick regardless of his work ethic...good call again...He did say that Brady Quinn would be better than Jamarcus...but then changed his mind and put him as the 4th best guy in the NFL draft...good call...

Same Kiper that said "That's why they keep picking second every year" after the Colts drafted Marshal Faulk..."See you at his hall of fame induction" regarding Mike Williams WR...this guy is full of knowledge...I'll tell ya...

In 2001 predicted the Pats would go 0-16 hehehehe...good call Mel

Also said "his attitude will be an asset at the pro level" of Ryan Leaf...also said this year Jimmy Clausen is better than Bradford...hehehhe...just like Leaf is better than Manning...and I'm sure Jimmy's attitude will be an asset for him at the pro level to...some people never learn...guess it fits him though...defending his high rating of Clausen "you got to commit to something and just stick with it" uh huh....good call I'm sure ;0)

Okay sorry, had to get my Clausen dig in there to...back to Bryan Bulaga...some analysts said he got owned by good pass rushers in College...

He gave up two sacks against Graham from Michigan...but on both of them, they didn't even give Bulaga a back or TE help...which is kinda F*cked up considering Graham is who has been clocked running the 40 in 4.6s range Orakpo speed...also, if you watch the entire game...Bulaga blocked him well for the good portion of the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELVIHDO96A...feature=related

Went up against Wootton from Northwestern...considered a future franchise pass rusher...never beat Bulaga...Jammie Kerlew from Indiana also consider one of the best DE's...never beat Bulaga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tNiGlcOcM

He's going to be something special at LEFT TACKLE...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYk6GzwHC4&feature=related

GO BILLS

What? You mean that Mel Kiper made ... I haven't counted all of the ones you listed but let me estimate ... ten mistakes during his twenty years of covering the draft and doing the basically impossible job of predicting how well college players turn into pros? Wow, that's weird. Most draft prognosticators are perfect in every prediction they make, year after year after year.

Yeah the arm length thing is nitpicking although it's also very interesting. I want to thank Rfeynman for posting that earlier today. Like many of his posts, it was, relatively speaking, a work of art.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1812885

As far as all this talk I hear about Bulaga versus Derrick Morgan and Brandon Graham, it hasn't yet been noted on this site that both of those players played the majority of their snaps at left defensive end. In other words, both players went head to head with Bulaga for maybe about 20 snaps and maybe 12 pass plays.

BTW, (and I know this will be appropriated too, because people on this board almost never give credit where it is due or admit when they were wrong), either Morgan or Graham would be a great fit for the Bills, because the beauty of both players is that they are very effective rushing from the left side of the defense, which is a difficult thing to find. As such, Schobel and/or Maybin could remain on the right side and Graham or Morgan could rush from the left side.

I totally agree. That Michigan vs Iowa is very important game to look at. It shows the 2 players that I think the Bills need to consider taking, going against each other.

Bulaga, I have mixed feelings about. I think he struggles sometimes against the pass, but his run blocking is the best I have seen in long time from a LT. He could move too RT, but I think we feel comfortable about Cornell for at least a couple of years. D Bell as a swing tackle seems like the best option, but still think he can be a good LT in the league in the future. Im impressed by Charles Brown from SC and Okung of course. Even like Anthony Davis, but feels he needs more work and we need an immediate starter from day 1. Also, think Trent Williams will be a good LT. Think Charles Brown is most athletic.

I also agree on taking Graham since we know he should be there. Feel like he can be a real game changer at the next level. Never get enough pass-rushers on the field and we dont have that many.

I believe the Bills number 1 priority in front of a qb is to solidify the edges of the lines. Thats where in years past we were exposed.