Ranking Bill's QB's

Of the following Bill's QB's Please rank theworst QB of the bunch..(not that there is a good QB here, but I'm interested

to see where Trent Edwards and Lossman finish up. For the purpose of this poll assume that all QB's are no longer Buffalo Bills...even Trent Edwards.

Todd Collins_______

Trent Edwards_____

J.P. Lossman______

Rob Johnson_______

If this poll doesn't turn out right..sorry..because I've never done this before and I don't know what the heck I'm doing..lol

Of the following Bill's QB's Please rank theworst QB of the bunch..(not that there is a good QB here, but I'm interested

to see where Trent Edwards and Lossman finish up. For the purpose of this poll assume that all QB's are no longer Buffalo Bills...even Trent Edwards.

Todd Collins_______

Trent Edwards_____

J.P. Lossman______

Rob Johnson_______

If this poll doesn't turn out right..sorry..because I've never done this before and I don't know what the heck I'm doing..lol

Well obviously I screwed this up....Please comment the worst of the bunch or even rank order them...I'm trying to avoid

the obvious like Kelly, Flutie, Blesdoe who was okay for a while before he floundered.

Todd Collins_______

Trent Edwards_____

J.P. Lossman______

Rob Johnson_______

If you are going to rank these 4, it is pretty easy

Worst - Rob Johnson -The most sacked QB per drop back in NFL history. The guy had all the tools and none of the confidence

2nd Worst - Losman - Again, all the tools, none of the confidence. He was better than Johnson as did show flashes of brilliance

2nd Best - Collins - this is debatable (he could be the best). He was thrown to the wolves one season too soon. If he had another year under Kelly's supervision, he may have been significantly better (a glipse of what he could have been showed up during his Redskins career)

Best - Edwards - In a Bills uniform, he clearly posted the best record and the best ability to lead (that is not saying much given the group). If I had my choice, I would take Edwards hands down over the other 3. If he was given the Todd Collins situation and lived one year under Kelly, he could've gotten the confidence he needed to throw down field.

Worst - Rob Johnson -The most sacked QB per drop back in NFL history. The guy had all the tools and none of the confidence

2nd Worst - Losman - Again, all the tools, none of the confidence. He was better than Johnson as did show flashes of brilliance

2nd Best - Collins - this is debatable (he could be the best). He was thrown to the wolves one season too soon. If he had another year under Kelly's supervision, he may have been significantly better (a glipse of what he could have been showed up during his Redskins career)

Best - Edwards - In a Bills uniform, he clearly posted the best record and the best ability to lead (that is not saying much given the group). If I had my choice, I would take Edwards hands down over the other 3. If he was given the Todd Collins situation and lived one year under Kelly, he could've gotten the confidence he needed to throw down field.

trent

j.p

todd

and robbie johnson

I see it a little differently:

#4, Collins. The fact that he won a few games for the Redskins a full ten years after he left Buffalo doesn't change the fact that he did nothing for 10 years in the NFL.

#3, Edwards. Biggest drawback is that he's too injury prone. Won a few games, mostly (not all) against inferior competition. The games he did win were not passing extravaganzas for the most part.

#2, Johnson. See injury prone (above). Probably the best arm of all four. Had some decent games, had a playoff game won, if the damn special teams had stayed in their lanes. Otherwise #3 & #4 are interchangeable.

That leaves #1, who played somewhat better than #4, and got hurt way less than #2 and #3.

All in all, a rogues gallery.

Best to worst:

1- Rob Johnson- he certainly had his problems, but, people forget, he looked damn good at times. Great arm, good runner when he put his mind to it... his biggest problem was a fragile ego, that couldn't take the competition from his back-up...I think, had Flutie never been signed, RJ might have fared better. Some of his injuries were of the "phantom" type, to my eyes.

2- Trent Edwards- The door is shutting on him, but, I haven't ruled out yet, that he can still play in the NFL, as a serviceable starter. Despite what haters say, he did have a mental edge, early in his career, which was blunted, IMO, by some gawd-awful scared coaching....his arm isn't nearly as weak as his detractors make it out to be, he just doesn't throw with authority...

3- Todd Collins- he was a stiff, with a decent arm. He likely only #3, because he played with a fairly good Bills team, with lots of vetrans.

4- JP Losman- Personally, my favorite QB of the bunch, but, ranks, only slightly ahead of Joe Dufek and close to Bruce Mathison, in terms of effectiveness. He had physical skills that seem to dwarf his mental skills for the game. I never felt like he got better at any one part of his game...he struggled to make the most fundamental of plays at times. JP, was, hands down, the most frustrating of the bunch, for me to watch. His brilliance came in very short flashes, and there just wasn't enough of it to justify ranking him any higher. He never seemed comfortable on the field, and though he always said what you wanted to hear, it never translated into anything good, on the field. The way he played, when he had an opportunity to win his job back from Trent Edwards was really disappointing...

As harsh as it may sound, I have to give Edwards and Losman some benefit of a doubt, because they spent their time playing under some of the worst coaching I have ever witnessed as a Bills fan.