#13- Mays, Taylor

#14- Clauson, Jimmy

#15- Graham, Brandon

#16- Williams, Dan

#17- Iupati, Mike

#18- Pierre-Paul, Jason

#19- Thomas, Earl

#20- Griffen, Everson

Derrick Morgan is the #1 DE in this draft. The fact that he can play DE in the 4-3, OLB in the 3-4, or even DE in a faster 3-4 scheme like the Ravens or Bills makes him rather versatile.

Personally, I think it's a little risky to take a guy at #9 and swith him to a position he's not very familar with (OLB), so for the Bills to take him I think they need to be sold on the fact that he can be a DE in their 3-4. At 6'3" - 266lbs., he's a bit undersized for DE, but if you watch his film he plays with great leverage and consistently sets the edge against the run. The biggest problem is 266lbs. is simply to small for the 3-4, you really need at least 280-285 so I'm not sure.

For the record I'm a big fan of Derrick Morgan. Word has it Cleveland will give Morgan a lot of consideration when they're on the clock (7th overall). A couple of weeks ago I didn't think he'd be there at 9 and now I'm starting to think there's a shot. The highest Morgan could possibly go would be 5 (Chiefs) and he will go no lower than #13 (San Fran).

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...0990&spln=1

Derrick Morgan is the #1 DE in this draft. The fact that he can play DE in the 4-3, OLB in the 3-4, or even DE in a faster 3-4 scheme like the Ravens or Bills makes him rather versatile.

Personally, I think it's a little risky to take a guy at #9 and swith him to a position he's not very familar with (OLB), so for the Bills to take him I think they need to be sold on the fact that he can be a DE in their 3-4. At 6'3" - 266lbs., he's a bit undersized for DE, but if you watch his film he plays with great leverage and consistently sets the edge against the run. The biggest problem is 266lbs. is simply to small for the 3-4, you really need at least 280-285 so I'm not sure.

For the record I'm a big fan of Derrick Morgan. Word has it Cleveland will give Morgan a lot of consideration when they're on the clock (7th overall). A couple of weeks ago I didn't think he'd be there at 9 and now I'm starting to think there's a shot. The highest Morgan could possibly go would be 5 (Chiefs) and he will go no lower than #13 (San Fran).

I've tried convincing myself that it'll be Morgan at 9, but the though of this board crashing with claims of Maybin 2.0 frighten me so.

I had an Al Davis moment while looking at the chart.

I couldn't get over Derrick Morgan's 4.77 40 time.

Then I saw Ryan Mathews 4.37, and Taylor Mays 4.31 ( :sick:) 40 time.

If only 40 time was remotely important when evaluating NFL football players . . .

For all you Jimmy Claussen lovers out there try this one:

Jimmy Clausen is a 4.76 and Derrick Morgan is a 4.77, therefore we should take Jimmy Clausen :rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/20...draft/flash.htm

#1- Suh, Ndamukong

#2- Bradford, Sam

#3- McCoy, Gerald

#4- Berry, Eric

#5- Okung, Russell

#6- Spiller, C. J.

#7- Morgan, Derrick

#8- Bulaga, Bryan

#9- Haden, Joe

#10- Williams, Trent

#11- Bryant, Dez

#12- McClain, Rolando

#13- Mays, Taylor

#14- Clauson, Jimmy

#15- Graham, Brandon

#16- Williams, Dan

#17- Iupati, Mike

#18- Pierre-Paul, Jason

#19- Thomas, Earl

#20- Griffen, Everson

Great site. Thanks for the contribution.

There are a lot of different drafting strategies. My preference is to take Clausen with the fist pick. But if the Bills draft within the rankings and don't reach for a need I will be okay with that. How the Bills draft from the 3-7th round is just as intriguing as who they take with the more prominent early picks. Needless to say the Bills have a lot of needs. But they do need to come out of this draft bulking up both lines.

Wow, and the bios are extensive - unlike the Gosselin mock draft someone posted yesterday full of one-liners.

Thanks!

EDIT: I wish they had more combine stats than just the 40. Bench press reps would be nice for the linemen, and cone/shuttle drills are just as important for skill positions as the 40 if not moreso.

Papazoid you freaking rock!!!

Morgan has played at 280 before so packing on the pounds shouldn't be too hard for him.

On another note, if this guy's still available in the fourth, can we go after him, even if we're looking pretty good at the guard position? 45 reps on the bench??? Jesus...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mitch-petrus?id=497040

IMO, that is a meaningless stat. Leif Larsen did a great number of reps too but was a failure. A guy who did 25 reps could be a much better player using leverage and technique.