Mel Kiper hears "No" on Claussen to Buffalo

if those bastards pass on Clausen and take timtebow they are officially dead to me

:unsure: n dead

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but why? Not that I want to get into another Tebow thread (I really don't), but what about Clausen and his good stats says "stud" and what about Tebow and his good stats say "dud"?

I trust the football people.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His credibility is based on the fact that he posted on here that Nix would be announced as the new GM of the Bills a few hours before it came out in the media.

Last week he posted that he's hearing Buffalo would not take Clausen.

Didn't that guy Sal post about T.O. signing with Buffalo right before it happened, then went on to predict Cowher was a done deal...how quickly we forget.

I am not doubting this guy, but I will wait to see what shakes out in a few weeks.

Didn't that guy Sal post about T.O. signing with Buffalo right before it happened, then went on to predict Cowher was a done deal...how quickly we forget.

I am not doubting this guy, but I will wait to see what shakes out in a few weeks.

You can look up his posts and read for yourself. Click on members, then search for posts from nevergiveup.

I recommend it! :unsure:

All Sal ever said was that the Bills had a meeting with Cowher. he never said anything close to it being a done deal. As sad as it, he is probably one of the best sources for Bills news there is.

My take is they draft a LT with that #9, and if there is no top LT at that time I think they will draft CJ Spiller as Lynch has worn out his welcome.If Spiller is gone also they may go for a DE.

Tim Tebow in the second round "IF" he is still there, which I highly doubt. This draft class is an extremely weak for QB's and there are very few with a decent rating. So a few of them will be drafted earlier then they should be.Tebow might go in the first round.

I don't see them drafting Clausen if he is there at #9. But hey, only Nix and Co really know what they want to do.

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but why? Not that I want to get into another Tebow thread (I really don't), but what about Clausen and his good stats says "stud" and what about Tebow and his good stats say "dud"?

I trust the football people.

EXACTLY! All of them have Clausen #2. I haven't seen timtebow higher than #4.

Hasselback and Bulger before they got broken, Brees in the 2nd and then drafting a QB in the 1st to replace him, Brett Farve in the 2nd and trading him after a year, etc. There are a ton of examples. IMO, Qb is the biggest crapshoot in the draft. There so many things that go into being a great QB that can't be measured (leadership, calmness under pressure, ability to avoid big hits, etc.)

Clausen definitely has some abilities but there are a lot of questions about the guy as evidence by Shanahan, Holmgrem, and Carroll (who went directly against him) choosing other options.

Exactly, I also think some QB's could be stars but are drafted to teams that don't know how to coach and/or use them. By the time someone figures out something for them it may be too late because their confidence is shot.

I give much respect to Nevergiveup who is well documented for being right on these things....

I just wonder if this isn't intentional missinformation. The Bills would do that for a multitude of reasons including trying to keep teams below us from trading up ahead of us to get Clausen.

If other teams think we are not going to draft him....they would be more apt to wait and see how much they DONT have to give away in draft compensation in order to get him.

My gut tells me we are going to pick him if certain OT's are no longer on the board.

That's the problem this time of year. What means what? Somebody recently linked a conversation that a radio station had with Chansaw and he had negative things to say about Tebow. This time of year that can mean that he's telling the truth and doesn't care who knows they have serious doubts about him or that he's bluffing.

IIRC, most of the Bills first round picks have never been mentioned much by them before the draft. I also can't remember too many of them who were brought in for interviews before the draft. It seems to me that inviting guys in is a sign they don't want them and anyone they ignore is a sign they want him. Other teams might know that though and so they'll bring a guy in they want to make other teams think they don't want them.

It gets confusing. :unsure:

I don't want Clausen, but what sense does it make to tell Kiper or the media anything about your draft plans. It makes zero sense. The great thing about Nix and the front office is they don't tell the media about their business. Believe nothing this close to draft time.

From reading it, it almost like Clausen is the one saying no. The quote was 'no to Buffalo' Like he is telling Buffalo he wouldn't play here, which is fine by me...the prick.

I think I might just be the dissenting opinion on the board.....

But if the OT's are gone.....I fully expect that card to go up to the Podium with Clausen's name on it.....UNLESS someone makes us an offer we cant refuse like maybe 2 first round picks.......

We very badly need a QB......and there is no guarantee that next year we will be bad enough to be picking high enough to get one.

I have seen NOTHING of Clausen that leads me to believe he cannot be a good NFL QB. All this other BS is either heresay or person opinion that has nothing to do with football.

I think I might just be the dissenting opinion on the board.....

But if the OT's are gone.....I fully expect that card to go up to the Podium with Clausen's name on it.....UNLESS someone makes us an offer we cant refuse like maybe 2 first round picks.......

We very badly need a QB......and there is no guarantee that next year we will be bad enough to be picking high enough to get one.

I have seen NOTHING of Clausen that leads me to believe he cannot be a good NFL QB. All this other BS is either heresay or person opinion that has nothing to do with football.

John you are right about Clausen. The problem is that they are going to draft Tebow instead just to prove that they are dummer than Jacksonville and so that Chan can run his pistol pete offense. God help us.

If C.J. Spiller is still there at #9, I could see Nix drafting him.

I would be OK with this if only if they Deal Lynch before the draft or make a draft day trade with him involved.

Spiller would upgrade the return game also. But I really do not think they like Clausen at #9.

If there is a dark horse pick for the Bills I believe it would be DE Morgan from GA Tech .

I would like to see them trade down if the top 4 OT's are off the board myself but what do I know lol.

I would be OK with this if only if they Deal Lynch before the draft or make a draft day trade with him involved.

Spiller would upgrade the return game also. But I really do not think they like Clausen at #9.

If there is a dark horse pick for the Bills I believe it would be DE Morgan from GA Tech .

I would like to see them trade down if the top 4 OT's are off the board myself but what do I know lol.

I agree

No one has any idea? Disagree. It is clearly not a pure crapshoot. It is a science and due diligence exercise. Brady, Rommo and Warner are clear exceptions. Not to say that picking a college QB is without risk, as we all know it is risky. But someone was always right. There were plenty of pundits who favoured Manning over Leaf.

Jamarcus Russell says, "HI!"