I do not know about some of you

Like A Mofo

I remember 1987, because that was the year some things were finally coming together for the Bills. Even though that team didnt make the playoffs, that 87 team provided a lot of optimism going into 88 and beyond. Right now in 2004, Im getting that same feeling:

McGahee is the real deal

OL is gelling

Sacks are WAY down, a testament to McNally and McGahee

Team is winning their home games, and have FINALLY broken through on the road

Anyone agree????

I remember 1987, because that was the year some things were finally coming together for the Bills.  Even though that team didnt make the playoffs, that 87 team provided a lot of optimism going into 88 and beyond. Right now in 2004, Im getting that same feeling:

McGahee is the real deal

OL is gelling

Anyone agree????

136569[/snapback]

Yep, I agree...mostly. Too bad our starting QB isnt an up and comer but rather a has-been. Our SB QB hasnt had his first start yet. It will really fell ike 1987 when Losman is our starter!

I remember 1987, because that was the year some things were finally coming together for the Bills.  Even though that team didnt make the playoffs, that 87 team provided a lot of optimism going into 88 and beyond. Right now in 2004, Im getting that same feeling:

McGahee is the real deal

OL is gelling

Anyone agree????

136569[/snapback]

NO, I don't agree at all. In 87, we had a future Hall of Fame QB. We don't have that now. Not in Drew, although I liked his swagger today. And we have NO IDEA what we have in Losman. None.

Keep winning, this is fun again, but 87? I hardly think so. Only because we know what we have in Drew, and JP, I'd bet my house, is no Jim Kelly.

I guess the analogy is more to the team, not any one individual. It's the same feeling that I had in '87. I sure as hell wasn't so confident about the HOF career of Jimbo at that point anyway.

136643[/snapback]

No way, you could tell Kelly had "it". We were losing some games with Jimbo, but we were instantly competitive when he got here. Instantly! Plus Jimbo was seasoned with two years of USFL.

Losman......we have NO IDEA how good he is.

I like the analogy when it's applied to the team. The '87 team had Kelly, but it didn't have Thomas.

Well this team has McGahee, but is waiting on Losman.

It also fits because the '87 Bills had 4 years of rebuilding behind them (and they still weren't there -- patience anyone?).

I like the analogy when it's applied to the team.  The '87 team had Kelly, but it didn't have Thomas.

Well this team has McGahee, but is waiting on Losman.

It also fits because the '87 Bills had 4 years of rebuilding behind them (and they still weren't there -- patience anyone?).

136652[/snapback]

exactly.... And if ANYONE honestly could tell Jimbo was bound for the Hall in '87 you belong on a scouting team because although he brought "it", he was still quite erratic at times.

exactly.... And if ANYONE honestly could tell Jimbo was bound for the Hall in '87 you belong on a scouting team because although he brought "it", he was still quite erratic at times.

136665[/snapback]

Yep. I'm a Jimbo fan, but I wasn't sure he'd make it in 2001, let alone 1987.

136665[/snapback]

He was quite erratic most of his career. Some of his picks were like...."WTF were you thinkiing?

Everyone knew Kelly was the stevestojan. Come on. Jeez, that wasn't hard to figure out. Plus, again, he was LIGHTS OUT in the USFL. Hell, he was on the cover of SI before he played ONE GAME IN THE NFL.

Again, we all knew Kelly was the stevestojan.

Losman????? Ummmmmm, we have no idea.

He was quite erratic most of his career.  Some of his picks were like...."WTF were you thinkiing?

Everyone knew Kelly was the stevestojan.  Come on.  Jeez, that wasn't hard to figure out.  Plus, again, he was LIGHTS OUT in the USFL.  Hell, he was on the cover of SI before he played ONE GAME IN THE NFL.

Again, we all knew Kelly was the stevestojan.

Losman?????  Ummmmmm, we have no idea.

136696[/snapback]

It's somehow not surprising that a TEAM comparison to '87 has turned yet again into a Qb debate :doh:

It's somehow not surprising that a TEAM comparison to '87 has turned yet again into a Qb debate  :doh:

136699[/snapback]

No, not a QB debate, but it doesn't feel anything like 87. We also had Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, and others in 87.

And the best player in franchise history......Jim Kelly.

We DO NOT have that in Bledsoe, or Losman at this point. So no, it doesn't quite feel like 87, thats all I said.

You figure, in Kelly, we have a high draft pick, a guy who went to the USFL and threw for 10,000 yards in two years. We DO NOT have that now....no matter which crusade you are on!

No, not a QB debate, but it doesn't feel anything like 87.  We also had Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, and others in 87.

And the best player in franchise history......Jim Kelly. 

We DO NOT have that in Bledsoe, or Losman at this point.  So no, it doesn't quite feel like 87, thats all I said.

You figure, in Kelly, we have a high draft pick, a guy who went to the USFL and threw for 10,000 yards in two years.  We DO NOT have that now....no matter which crusade you are on!

136704[/snapback]

Ok Ok, well we just disagree with you mmmmmkay?

NO, I don't agree at all.  In 87, we had a future Hall of Fame QB.  We don't have that now.  Not in Drew, although I liked his swagger today.  And we have NO IDEA what we have in Losman.  None.

Keep winning, this is fun again, but 87?  I hardly think so.  Only because we know what we have in Drew, and JP, I'd bet my house, is no Jim Kelly.

136637[/snapback]

Im not trying to say JP is EXACTLY like Kelly and this 2004 team is EXACTLY like 1987....Ill show part of the title of this thread again and bold an important part:

Its starting to feel a little like 1987

Not 100 percent!!!

I'd rather it felt like '89 so that we can go to the next 4 Superbowls... :unsure:

CW

136755[/snapback]

Hey Ill sign off for that too!! and WIN them all!! :doh:

Another point: Sure we dont have Bruce Talley, etc..that was a different era of football, things like that will be far and few between in the salary cap era...the whole thing with feeling somewhat like 87 is you can see something REALLY starting to build here, of course we arent close to beating the SB Champs or the elite, but it sure seems like we are a hell of a lot closer now then we were about 7 weeks ago

Im not trying to say JP is EXACTLY like Kelly and this 2004 team is EXACTLY like 1987....Ill show part of the title of this thread again and bold an important part:

Its starting to feel a little like 1987

Not 100 percent!!!

136750[/snapback]

I hear ya, but JP isn't even a toenail of Jim Kelly yet. And we have no idea if he will be. QB was a HUGE part of the glory years.

We can pray though that he is 3/5 as good. That is better than what we've had lately.

Hey Ill sign off for that too!!  and WIN them all!!  :doh:

Another point:  Sure we dont have Bruce Talley, etc..that was a different era of football, things like that will be far and few between in the salary cap era...the whole thing with feeling somewhat like 87 is you can see something REALLY starting to build here, of course we arent close to beating the SB Champs or the elite, but it sure seems like we are a hell of a lot closer now then we were about 7 weeks ago

136764[/snapback]

I am thrilled too. BUT, come on man. We don't have a dominant DE. Let's put it that way. We don't have a dominant OL'man. We don't have a great QB, although it has been proven lately that you don't need a total stud. Hell, if you really take a look, our 5 wins have been against teams with a combined record of 25-29. Take away the Jets win, and it's even that much worse. Although we all know the Jets aren't as good as their record. Hell, the Jets still don't have a great win either.

I love this little run, but if you looked at our schedule, we all expected that a run was entirely possible. I didn't think we'd win today though!

Go Bills! 10-6 baby!