Walking 5 miles for the SPCA/Humane Society

Fezmid

Ok, I'll admit that this isn't as noble and, arguably, as important as the MS walk that Rock does every year, but here's my pitch anyway. :cry:

My wife and I adopted a dog from the Humane Society last June. I've never had a dog before, but she had dogs while growing up. I'm still not 100% sold on dogs... They're much higher maintenance than cats, have to go outside to pee in the cold, and ours barks everytime a stranger walks by the house... But overall, he's still pretty cool (and he came pre-programmed with some basic commands like sit, stay, drop it, leave it, etc. :) ).

So in order to support the Humane Society, my wife wants to do a 5 mile walk on May 1st to help raise funds and awareness for the program. I realize that times are tough, and by all means don't donate anything if you can't afford to. But if you have a few extra bucks you don't need and are an animal lover, please consider making a donation to our team.

If it helps your decision, we named our dog Buzzy after the best pizza/wing joint in Niagara Falls. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to our site. Thanks for looking!

http://events.animalhumanesociety.org/site...&fr_id=1110

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be more than happy to help.

Wear comfortable shoes.

My work is done here.

B-) Thanks for that - was going to go barefoot, but now that you mention it, that would probably not be a fun 5 mile walk. ;)

:thumbsup:

Ok, I'll admit that this isn't as noble and, arguably, as important as the MS walk that Rock does every year, but here's my pitch anyway. B-)

My wife and I adopted a dog from the Humane Society last June. I've never had a dog before, but she had dogs while growing up. I'm still not 100% sold on dogs... They're much higher maintenance than cats, have to go outside to pee in the cold, and ours barks everytime a stranger walks by the house... But overall, he's still pretty cool (and he came pre-programmed with some basic commands like sit, stay, drop it, leave it, etc. ;) ).

So in order to support the Humane Society, my wife wants to do a 5 mile walk on May 1st to help raise funds and awareness for the program. I realize that times are tough, and by all means don't donate anything if you can't afford to. But if you have a few extra bucks you don't need and are an animal lover, please consider making a donation to our team.

If it helps your decision, we named our dog Buzzy after the best pizza/wing joint in Niagara Falls. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to our site. Thanks for looking!

http://events.animalhumanesociety.org/site...&fr_id=1110

nice job Fez! congrats on the rescue dog. it's truly a noble move, especially since you weren't a dog person to begin with. im sure youll find that dogs, as opposed to cats, bring a loyalty and a completely non-judging unconditional love that simply cant be beat. they TRULY appreciate having you, their human, in their life. you ARE their life. and the dog will be willing to give it's own life for you if it had the chance.

my gf and i are doing the same walk here in Atlanta this Saturday (so that's my only excuse for not donating to your walk).

nice job Fez! congrats on the rescue dog. it's truly a noble move, especially since you weren't a dog person to begin with. im sure youll find that dogs, as opposed to cats, bring a loyalty and a completely non-judging unconditional love that simply cant be beat. they TRULY appreciate having you, their human, in their life. you ARE their life. and the dog will be willing to give it's own life for you if it had the chance.

my gf and i are doing the same walk here in Atlanta this Saturday (so that's my only excuse for not donating to your walk).

Thanks. :P Overall, he's pretty cool - but can be a bit needy/whiny... I'm looking forward to Saturday though, I think it'll be a lot of fun. ;)

My cat acts a lot like a dog though, and doesn't require me to take her outside to do her business.... So I'm still not 100% sold on dogs :w00t:

Thanks for all of the donations, everyone!

The walk was great -- there were a TON of dogs there - little ones, huge ones, all shapes and sizes. There were also some cats, ferrets, and even a monkey on the walk! :D

Buzzy's sleeping, as is my wife. I'm just relaxing my feet - 5 miles is a long way. :)

I'll try to post some pictures later this weekend. :)