Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it backed up my statement that there are organic compounds/amino acids found on meteors and asteroids. i simply mis-spoke when i said "basic microscopic forms of life", which is what amino acids are. the building blocks of life.

i was right, thank you.

you funny man.

you say

theyve found life in water in asteroids/meteors

you wrong

you lie

where were these non-life holding asteroids/meteors found?

I'm saying that science cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt, prove where life came from. Nor can they prove the origins of the universe. They can theorize. They can speculate. They can guess. but they cannot prove anything that isn't observable. As a corrollary, they can't disprove anything that isn't observable either.

I agree with you here. Nothing regarding the origin of human life (or the origin of life in general) has been solidly proven. Some blowhards like to believe it has, but nothing yet truly holds water regarding where we came from and why. I don't believe in divine creation because it seems implausible to me, but I can't personally disprove the possibility. It's one of the reasons I now identify as an agnostic, instead of atheist. Claiming to know something unknown DIDN'T happen is just as arrogant as claiming to know something DID happen when no proof exists.

Terence McKenna's "Stoned Ape" Theory of Human Evolution (interesting concerning the extraterrestrial fungus)

This guy is a hoot...If you watch this video, ask yourself why are their so many guns on the wall...I'm thinking in case an extraterrestrial bear follows him back he can deliver some 3 dimensional buckshot...

Terence Mckenna was one faaaaaar out dude!! :angry::wacko:

I agree with you here. Nothing regarding the origin of human life (or the origin of life in general) has been solidly proven. Some blowhards like to believe it has, but nothing yet truly holds water regarding where we came from and why. I don't believe in divine creation because it seems implausible to me, but I can't personally disprove the possibility. It's one of the reasons I now identify as an agnostic, instead of atheist. Claiming to know something unknown DIDN'T happen is just as arrogant as claiming to know something DID happen when no proof exists.

Well said. I've long believed that creationism and evolution are not mutually exclusive at all, but in fact, dovetail very nicely. One camp thinks I'm a heretic, the other camp thinks I'm a mewling idiot.

Well said. I've long believed that creationism and evolution are not mutually exclusive at all, but in fact, dovetail very nicely. One camp thinks I'm a heretic, the other camp thinks I'm a mewling idiot.

To be brutally honest, it's entirely possible that BOTH camps think you're a mewling idiot.

I don't myself...I'm just sayin'... :angry:

To be brutally honest, it's entirely possible that BOTH camps think you're a mewling idiot.

I don't myself...I'm just sayin'... :angry:

I hadn't considered that. But then again, as a mewling idiot, I most likely wouldn't have.

I knew this thread would get all complex but I decided to let it go for a while before provding some clarity.

There is a theory in science called Occum's Shaver which says the simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Let's review the basic facts:

1. The article basically states that 97% of certain genes can't be figured out.

2. The article comes from a source called "The Canadian".

Does this ring any bells for anyone?