Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because actual proof of extra-terrestrial life is the kind of thing that would not be available on google.

Face it: You're way wrong.

The organic materials are absolutely fascinating because we know organic materials are carried to Earth in meteorites, and many primitive meteorites contain amino acids.

thank you booster.

John, as always, gfy. :blink:

Go eff myself because I'm right? The article Booster linked proves you wrong, not right!

it backed up my statement that there are organic compounds/amino acids found on meteors and asteroids. i simply mis-spoke when i said "basic microscopic forms of life", which is what amino acids are. the building blocks of life.

i was right, thank you.

it backed up my statement that there are organic compounds/amino acids found on meteors and asteroids. i simply mis-spoke when i said "basic microscopic forms of life", which is what amino acids are. the building blocks of life.

i was right, thank you.

You claim to have "specifically remembered" that "theyve found life in water in asteroids/meteors."

No one has. Such a discovery would be in the category of "big news."

Amino acids are not life although Glutamine thanks you for the shout out.

Maybe teaching is not for you.

Run for the hills, this thread is going down!

Oh crap.....

Let's distract 'em........

quick.....

JESSE JAMES JUST VIDEOTAPED TIGER WOODS IN A 3-SOME WITH LINDSAY LOHAN AND ANNA PAQUINN ON MICHAEL JACKSON'S GRAVE!!!!

YIYIYIYIYIYI!!!!!

You claim to have "specifically remembered" that "theyve found life in water in asteroids/meteors."

No one has. Such a discovery would be in the category of "big news."

Amino acids are not life although Glutamine thanks you for the shout out.

Maybe teaching is not for you.

ok post police. thank you for contributing. the general premise of my casual conversation still stands. you want exact details and to argue every letter of every word to death? go back to PPP.

and i think youre confusing me with someone else with the teacher thing.

ok post police. thank you for contributing. the general premise of my casual conversation still stands. you want exact details and to argue every letter of every word to death? go back to PPP.

and i think youre confusing me with someone else with the teacher thing.

I figured that was what you were talking about.

Another cool article

Are you suggesting that ID or some religious equivalent has the same scientific merit as evolution?

I'm saying that science cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt, prove where life came from. Nor can they prove the origins of the universe. They can theorize. They can speculate. They can guess. but they cannot prove anything that isn't observable. As a corrollary, they can't disprove anything that isn't observable either.

id love to but im striking out on the google. i specifically remember this though. they found some sort of basic microscopic life in the ice of an asteroid. im sure of it.

Nope. They found features in a meteorite identified as a piece of Mars that resemble fossilized features created by certain bacteria on earth way-back-when. The study was largely vilified because the scientists were irresponsible glory-hounds (held a press conference announcing their "discovery" before they even finished their research, much less had it peer reviewed) and the science was...not bogus, just extremely questionable (i.e. open to interpretation - there were many other ways to interpret their observations).

To be fair to Sage, I think he mis-spoke. I'm sure he doesn't think that the theory of gravity is ridiculous.

Of course the theory of gravity is ridiculous. Why should massive objects "simply attract" each other? That's no more proven than the theory that the Flying Spaghetti Monster pushes everything together...just because.