Bills offered McNabb an extension

Bills playoff appearances in the last 10 years: zero

Redskins playoff appearances in the last 4 years: one

Redskins playoff WINS in the last 4 years: one

That's a major difference.

What does that have to do with the price of beans? They finished 4-12 last year. They last made the playoffs in 2007. They last won a a playoff game in the 2005 season. None of that ensures anything today.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do so many people in Buffalo have an inferiority complex? You're just as good as people from other cities! You can do anything if you set your mind to it!

Just curious ... what makes you think Darth is anywhere near Buffalo?

From Yardbrker---The Top reasons the Eagles got rid of McNabb......

10) Just didn't have the heart to send him to Oakland

9) Want to see if this will get James Thrash out of retirement

8) Seeing how they signed Willie Parker and Larry Johnson, want to help the Skins win 2005 Tecmo Bowl

7) By sending him to a team within the division, will promote the hating process

6) It's the only way to ensure getting Jason Campbell out of the lineup

5) After getting rid of Brian Dawkins, Brian Westbrook and Sheldon Brown for next to nothing, just had to keep up the momentum

4) Couldn't imagine getting more than a couple of low draft picks for the best QB in franchise history

3) Once he did that scream at the fans in Dallas in the pre-game of the playoff game, he just had to go

2) It's all part of a massive Scientologist plot

1) Only way to get Eagle fans or management to appreciate him

Wow, just imagine if Bills fans did that to guys here!!

No self respecting Bills fan would ever root for Washington. I hope Philly crushes them next year and that whiner McNabb throws 10 picks.

How is McNabb a whiner? He is the best QB in Eagles' history (and going to finish with better stats than Jim Kelly) and was in charge of the most successful periods in their team's history? Yet all Eagles fans did was dog him. Yet all he wanted to do was win a championship for that ungrateful bunch of savages.

Wow, just imagine if Bills fans did that to guys here!!

No self respecting Bills fan would ever root for Washington. I hope Philly crushes them next year and that whiner McNabb throws 10 picks.

I'm glad Bills fans didn't boo Jim Kelly when we drafted him in 1983. Then again, I'm glad Bills fans didn't boo Kelly out of Buffalo when Kelly finally came to town in 1986, for choosing to play in the USFL for 3 years instead of playing in Buffalo. Glad to see Bills fans have much more class than Philly fans. I guess you're a Philly fan since you're defending them so much.

What does that have to do with the price of beans? They finished 4-12 last year. They last made the playoffs in 2007. They last won a a playoff game in the 2005 season. None of that ensures anything today.

And this from a team that spent money and draft picks like drunken sailors, and that's the best they could do? Where are the rings?

PTR

Did Mcnabb want to play for a rival, or did the management just send him? Everything i heard, pointed out he just let things happen, not stating anything, wouldn't even comment to the press. Favre pulled a Dbag move by WANTING to play for a Rival to "stick" it to the Packer administration, while Mcnabb seemed to just "go with the flow". Much respect for McNabb for putting up with what he has, and i agree, I hope he does well in Washington.

I actually do not believe this report that the Bills were interested and offered an extension, and I'd be a little disappointed if it were actually true.

McNabb is probably going to get hit in the second game of the season and be out all year or something similar. And when he's on the field, he'll be misfiring passes left and right.

This is such a non-story, only many people don't realize it yet. An old, injury-prone, inaccurate QB gets traded? Yawn.

The comparison b/w Favre and McNabb would be more apt if McNabb were even half the QB that Favre is. The notion that McNabb is going to exact his "revenge" on the Eagles have Philly fans everywhere snickering.

Not that the fans are always right but I do trust the fanbase in this kind of situation. You spend 11 years rooting for a player and you know his every weakness. Right now, the vast majority of Eagles fans are unbelievably thrilled that McNabb is gone, and that means something to me.

What makes you think rebuilding is an "either/or" thing which calls for building through the draft and ignoring free agency or judicious trades? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm seeing Shanahan Parcells and Belichick doing both. Not seeing anything happen in the Bills front. Last time I looked the players in this world seemed focused on the Benjamins, not the particular city. As to McNabb I suspect he was more taken aback by our crappy offensive line than anything else.

I'll withhold judgment on the existing crew in charge until I see whether they win nine or more games next season. Hell I don't care if they do it with Edwards and the existing offensive line. Just win baby.

The comparison b/w Favre and McNabb would be more apt if McNabb were even half the QB that Favre is. The notion that McNabb is going to exact his "revenge" on the Eagles have Philly fans everywhere snickering.

Not that the fans are always right but I do trust the fanbase in this kind of situation. You spend 11 years rooting for a player and you know his every weakness. Right now, the vast majority of Eagles fans are unbelievably thrilled that McNabb is gone, and that means something to me.

I disagree, majority of Eagles fans were never going to be happy with McNabb unless the Eagles won multiple Superbowl's. Look at the classless, bandwagon Patriots fans this past season, how can any true Pats fan boo the Pats after the past decade they had. So what, they lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to the Ravens. I also heard many complaints from Pats fans saying they only won 11 games last year. Truth is, fans get spoiled when teams do great for so long. The Eagles sucked before McNabb was drafted, the Pats weren't nowhere near the powerhouse team they were last decade before Tom Brady was drafted. Also to add to that, some Bills fans wanted Kelly to retire the last couple of years he was a Bill. Kelly retired in 1997 and we still don't have a franchise QB.

JC, BillsVet. You and Spartacus are the biggest downers. Lots of naysayers here but you guys have some credibility and stature and are so completely negative.

Rightly or wrongly McNabb was not going to come here.

Furthermore, how long do you think it'll be before Washington locks him up to a long term deal? Because you know it's going to happen.

Everything alright in your life aside from The Stadium Wall? You seem unhappy.

I AM SPARTACUS, so I hope you are not labelling me as negative with the aforementioned posters.

I am only unhappy when my beer runs out.

Reality is really an endangered species at TBD.

I don't care about not getting McNabb...it's the fact that a high quality player made it known he didn't want to play here even if he did get an extension. Oh I'm sure someone will come out and say DM is a jerk and screw him anyway. Instead of ripping DM, how about asking some questions about this Bills team that hasn't proven one thing in 10 years? This is about the team and their rep being so low that big name NFL people make it known they don't want to coach or play there. When that will dawn on the homer fans is anyone's doubt.

Anyone ever wonder why this team can't attract proven people for GM, HC, or even a starting QB? We keep seeing the same thing over and over again, but apparently it's not enough. In order for the Bills to get back to respectability, they need to climb a mountain in the Himalayas. And that ain't happening anytime soon.

We will get there Bills Vet

- It starts in the front office.....the bills have done that. This team DOES have a bad rep and the only way we get out of this is strong drafting......and WINNING.

- I can pretty much say with confidence if this team goes 9-7 or 10-6 this next year free agents will come.....

- The Bills just gotta show they are serious

This McNabb incident is no different than Shanahan and Cowher, no one currently worth a damn wants anything to do with Buffalo.

Now we will have to rebuild through the DRAFT and that is all there is to it. When we start getting competitive again, THEN we can add some Free agents worth a damn. Until then...it is what it is.

And I for one am sick of the bitching and whining about it. Many of us have said for years this is how it was and most drank the koolaid and stuck their heads in the sand. The Bills SUCK and Ralph isn't well thought of. That is all there is to it.

The other thing that pisses me off are the idiots that scream at Nix is doing nothing. Funny, he sent an offer to mcNabb and the eagles, McNabb didn't want to play here. There is nothing else Nix can do folks. the offer was made.

I for one am happy we are building through the draft. I am perfectly fine with it. Hell I say do away with free agency period. I feel it has wrecked the game for the fans. I want it the way it was pre 93 where you drafted a guy and had him his entire career if you wanted and there was nothing that could be done about it. THAT was when real dynasty's were in place.

I have thrown my support behind Nix and Gailey and am willing to give these guys time to get the thing turned around.

I think what you wrote is fairly accurate. This is indeed the way it is and that is fine for the time being. As long as we can honestly say we are rebuilding for the future. While I am upset that we did not get a guy like Jamal Williams or an offensive tackle, we can try and draft as best as we can and hope that a lot of the guys turn out to be nice players like it appears to be from last years draft.

I actually do not believe this report that the Bills were interested and offered an extension, and I'd be a little disappointed if it were actually true.

McNabb is probably going to get hit in the second game of the season and be out all year or something similar. And when he's on the field, he'll be misfiring passes left and right.

This is such a non-story, only many people don't realize it yet. An old, injury-prone, inaccurate QB gets traded? Yawn.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

If McNabb were everything the dreamers make him out to be the Eagles wouldn't be so anxious to replace him with a young unproven guy with 10 minutes of NFL experience.

We'll see how he does next year outside of the Andy Reid comfort zone.

So who's right and who's wrong? This report says

Eagles coach Andy Reid said tonight that McNabb was willing to play for whatever team the Eagles sent him to. But Reid also said McNabb was particularly happy to be heading to Washington.

"Donovan would have played anywhere," Reid said. "Because that's the kind of person he is."