The last 5 weeks have proven something important

nodnarb

He's not a bust. He only needed the proper instruction, and he has that now with McNally. 3 sacks against in the last 5 games, and watch Mike closely. He's dominating his man. He's playing smart. He was under unqualified tutelage in his first 2 years.

We should give him our support, cuz the guy looks like he can be reallyk, really good. And it's no nice to see.

i don't know what you guys are talking about........ice told us all months ago that big mike sucks, and will always suck, and will never amount to anything.....and we all know that guy is never wrong........

136477[/snapback]

Seems to me that Ice was one of the people recommending we draft Mike Williams in the first place. There was this debate about whether to take him or Harrington or McKinney or that safety--Roy Williams I think his name was. IIRC, Ice suggested we take Mike Williams.

Seems to me that Ice was one of the people recommending we draft Mike Williams in the first place. There was this debate about whether to take him or Harrington or McKinney or that safety--Roy Williams I think his name was. IIRC, Ice suggested we take Mike Williams.

136980[/snapback]

I think the key thing here fri=om my view as a fan was that JMac was engaged in some major coaching attitude adjustment of MW when he spoke publicly of moving him to LG. There is a big FA financial difference to such a move and it served along with some carrots to go along with this stick of lighting a fire under MWs butt to get professional about his game and his teamates.

Thankfully this work seemed to do part of the trick with Big Mike. Unfortunately, some posters also bought into this prod and declared that MW had an agility problem which gave him issues with speed rushes around the end. This made no sense to me based on what I could see as MW certainly is a big boy but certainly had a rep as one of the more agile OL players and seemed to show this in the highlight tapes we saw of his work in college and him doing drills like the shuttle runs.

It strikes me as clear to anyone who presents himself as a serious watcher of the game that MW\s big problems were mental in the unprofessional way he let his teamates down by missing "voluntary" practices and allowing his weight to balloon up when a family member died and with the problems he had coordinating with Pucillo.

Sacks up the middle and on the inside on stunts were his problem which I saw rather than speed rushes around end. He ahowed not a problem getting to a position to block because of lack of agility but of knowing where to go because he didn't coordinate or know the game well.

JMac cannot get into a players' body and play for him but he can get into a players head and teach him, inspire him or force him to work. MWs problems were tailor made for JMac to help him make them better.

Yje key here was not sucking up to an talking to former players to find out whether it is easy to make a shift or not, the key here was to watch the game. Lord knows I'm just a fan and not perfect at this, but even I could see the issues here.

Mike is improving steadily under coach Mcnally's fine coaching. Absolute disgraceful nonsense factoring into the mix of declaring him being unprofessional how he handled a death, the most personal of privite matters.

Not to many people have been with Mike during his struggle many wishing to give him the bums rush during his most down of times, good for him things seem to be turning the corner.

It strikes me as clear to anyone who presents himself as a serious watcher of the game that MW\s big problems were mental in the unprofessional way he let his teamates down by missing "voluntary" practices and allowing his weight to balloon up when a family member died and with the problems he had coordinating with Pucillo.

137077[/snapback]

Good post.

If he comes to camp ready next season, this line could be performing like they are now in the first few games as well. I agree McNally has to be given a lot of credit.

But "problems coordinating with Pucillo"? Anthony Munoz would have looked like a flop too if he had to play next to and make up for the mistakes of that matador.