Doctor won't treat Democrats

I like it. But wouldn't it have to be in conjunction with some sort of catastrophic insurance? Sort of self insured for everything up until a major illness or accident.

I was thinking of the catastrophic insurance too. Remember all those Mutal of Omaha forms the school used to push on you to send home as a child.

I mean what else is gonna lower the cost. Heck... We had 4 children in our family. My mother's doctor actually delivered my sister for free! "Have 3, get the 4th free!" Her doc did supposedly "tie her tubes"... Then bam, she got pregnant! :doh: Quite a feather in my father's hat... Then of course my sister looks at it in a negative way... :(

All I am saying is that the insurance scheme is what screwed everything up. Either we all have it or we all don't (and carry some sort of catastrophic).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of the catastrophic insurance too. Remember all those Mutal of Omaha forms the school used to push on you to send home as a child.

I mean what else is gonna lower the cost. Heck... We had 4 children in our family. My mother's doctor actually delivered my sister for free! "Have 3, get the 4th free!" Her doc did supposedly "tie her tubes"... Then bam, she got pregnant! :doh: Quite a feather in my father's hat... Then of course my sister looks at it in a negative way... :(

All I am saying is that the insurance scheme is what screwed everything up. Either we all have it or we all don't (and carry some sort of catastrophic).

I think everyone has to get it through their brain that any form of med care, whether its government controlled or private, is going to be expensive. One of the things that I like about self insured portion is that people will be more judicious in their visits. They will use when its necessary. I can also see people being more responsible in diet and general behavior if they have to pay directly. I think self insure is a good trade off

I think everyone has to get it through their brain that any form of med care, whether its government controlled or private, is going to be expensive. One of the things that I like about self insured portion is that people will be more judicious in their visits. They will use when its necessary. I can also see people being more responsible in diet and general behavior if they have to pay directly. I think self insure is a good trade off

The other side of it may be exactly the opposite. People will be afraid to go to the doctor. Such was the case of my uncle. He didn't see a doctor from the time he was a Marine in Korea to up until he died of colon cancer in 1988. He was literally bleeding and hid it from my aunt. Went to work everyday too.

My admittedly dim recollection of health insurance prior to 1980 is that it was generally decent - doctors handled the medicine, insurers handled the payment, insurers adjusted premiums based on risk.

Seems to me that it's when HMO's came into vogue, and the insurers started getting involved in the medical process more directly, that things started going straight to hell.

My admittedly dim recollection of health insurance prior to 1980 is that it was generally decent - doctors handled the medicine, insurers handled the payment, insurers adjusted premiums based on risk.

Seems to me that it's when HMO's came into vogue, and the insurers started getting involved in the medical process more directly, that things started going straight to hell.

That sounds about right.

What happened? Doctors taking advantage of the insurers? I do admit, suits did go up... Think of the caualities in all of this. I had a brother born (not one us 4 I mentioned above) in 1969 and he died a short time later (Hyland Membrane)... My father almost killed our pediatrican in the halls of Sister's Hospital... Would he be alive today if he was born 10 years later... You bet! Even if he would have passed away, would my parents have sued? I not sure, they didn't sue in 1969. Just thinking of my daughter that was born by c-section in 2002... There was a neonatologist right in there at time of birth... She did ingest some amnio fluid and man they wisked her away! Everybody wants to get paid I guess and handsomely!

Many things have changed in 40 years.

That sounds about right.

What happened? Doctors taking advantage of the insurers? I do admit, suits did go up... Think of the caualities in all of this. I had a brother born (not one us 4 I mentioned above) in 1969 and he died a short time later (Hyland Membrane)... My father almost killed our pediatrican in the halls of Sister's Hospital... Would he be alive today if he was born 10 years later... You bet! Even if he would have passed away, would my parents have sued? I not sure, they didn't sue in 1969. Just thinking of my daughter that was born by c-section in 2002... There was a neonatologist right in there at time of birth... She did ingest some amnio fluid and man they wisked her away! Everybody wants to get paid I guess and handsomely!

Many things have changed in 40 years.

What does your brother dying of (actually) hyaline membrane disease (now called Respiratory Distress Syndrome) back in 1969 have to do with anything, much less your father's neanderthal actions of going after the pediatrician? It is a function of being born prematurely and at the time, they didn't know about administering steroids, or care of premature babies in general. It had nothing to do with payment. And odds are your brother would have died anyway even if they gave him some treatment they allegedly withheld or he would have had severe problems that would have been a financial and emotional drain on your parents.

As DC Tom once said, people die. Trying to keep them alive as long as possible costs money. It's different when it's your relative, but it's also different when you're responsible for the bill.

What happened?

The HMO Act of 1973 "happened".

Medicare reimbursement reduction "happened".

Class Action lawsuits "happened".

The growth the Trial Lawyer lobby "happened".

The FDA approval process "happened".

Massive regulation of virtually every corner of the medical industry "happened".

Now the Health Care Act of 2010 is "happening".

What does your brother dying of (actually) hyaline membrane disease (now called Respiratory Distress Syndrome) back in 1969 have to do with anything, much less your father's neanderthal actions of going after the pediatrician? It is a function of being born prematurely and at the time, they didn't know about administering steroids, or care of premature babies in general. It had nothing to do with payment. And odds are your brother would have died anyway even if they gave him some treatment they allegedly withheld or he would have had severe problems that would have been a financial and emotional drain on your parents.

As DC Tom once said, people die. Trying to keep them alive as long as possible costs money. It's different when it's your relative, but it's also different when you're responsible for the bill.

It already was an emotional drain 10x more watching him die with little to no help.

Didn't a Kennedy baby die of it almost 10 years earlier? They didn't learn nothing in that time? :thumbsup: Exact quote when my father asked why he was "blue"... The doc said: "That is normal." I think it really tore my father up... I think it still does till this day. My mother was still in the hospital and he had to bury him, the system didn't even have a casket small enough to bury him properly. Ya, he was a neanderthal for almost killing the smug bastard doc... I would have finished it.

Still I say pay as you go... You are right about the money thing... What I was getting at is that there are many things that were good in the past, yet really bad. Same as today... We have come lightyears in care... Now we have to combine the best of both eras: cost and care.

The HMO Act of 1973 "happened".

Medicare reimbursement reduction "happened".

Class Action lawsuits "happened".

The growth the Trial Lawyer lobby "happened".

The FDA approval process "happened".

Massive regulation of virtually every corner of the medical industry "happened".

Now the Health Care Act of 2010 is "happening".

Yes, on the cost end you are right. On the care end of the equation, there is no comparison with the previous era. Let's combine the best of both.

Yes, on the cost end you are right. On the care end of the equation, there is no comparison with the previous era. Let's combine the best of both.

I think if Doctors weren't so worried about malpractice/frivolous law suits/costs due to, you'd see a pretty quick reversal.

Let me be clear

That doctor is not an American hero. A true American hero is somebody like:

Bad Lieutenant: If not for Don't Ask Don't Tell you would still be just a Lieutenant. Or maybe an Ensign

Bishop Hedd: Keep reaching for that Rainbow! Maybe Levi will send you an autographed picture

blzrul: Proving that burned out Hippies who missed Woodstock can contribute more to society than collecting Social Security and remembering the 60s

conner: Proving the mentally challanged are capable of using the Internet. However, to be fair some of that praise does go to Al Gore. Vice President Gore's invention did accept those of us who are less able to think but are just as capable of voting Democratic

Exiled in Illinois: If the government didn't give him a job, who would?

pBills: Proof that if you contribute Union dues long enough, you will start to think all that money might have gone to something useful

RI Bills Fan: If only the rest of America were as grounded in reality as you

Funny since I've never paid union dues. This doctor is a disgrace.

Funny since I've never paid union dues. This doctor is a disgrace.

I can see that you put your money where your mouth is. The old "do as I say and not as I do" brand of liberalism, eh? You must be a member of the Gore Smoke and Mirrors Club that allows you to cause global warming, pollute the oceans, ride in Nancy's jet and strip the rainforests bare as long as you buy your carbon credits from him. You are a card-carrying non dues paying member of the Friggen Liberal Party. Be that as it may, you have no right to call this doctor a disgrace. He is living true to his principles while you on the other hand are living up to your hypocritical oath.

It doesn't have to be this way though. At this time of year it is important to start anew. I can't proclaim loudly enough the effect that the Great Conservative Disciple and True American Hero George has had on me. He has truly shown me the error of my previously liberal path. I am not only converted but "born again" through his message of conservative hope and change. I have had a true epithany, and so can you. Read George's posts, reflect on his message and discover the true peace that conservatism will bring you. Please do not delete this. Let George's message sink in and forward to 5 people within 24 hours and you will receive "hope" within 5 days. Forward it to 10 people and you will receive not only "hope" but "change".

I can see that you put your money where your mouth is. The old "do as I say and not as I do" brand of liberalism, eh? You must be a member of the Gore Smoke and Mirrors Club that allows you to cause global warming, pollute the oceans, ride in Nancy's jet and strip the rainforests bare as long as you buy your carbon credits from him. You are a card-carrying non dues paying member of the Friggen Liberal Party. Be that as it may, you have no right to call this doctor a disgrace. He is living true to his principles while you on the other hand are living up to your hypocritical oath.

It doesn't have to be this way though. At this time of year it is important to start anew. I can't proclaim loudly enough the effect that the Great Conservative Disciple and True American Hero George has had on me. He has truly shown me the error of my previously liberal path. I am not only converted but "born again" through his message of conservative hope and change. I have had a true epithany, and so can you. Read George's posts, reflect on his message and discover the true peace that conservatism will bring you. Please do not delete this. Let George's message sink in and forward to 5 people within 24 hours and you will receive "hope" within 5 days. Forward it to 10 people and you will receive not only "hope" but "change".

Dumbass, I never paid union dues because I worked for the union. Nice try dumbass.

And I do think this doctor is a disgrace. I love his quote about never turning away a patient. Good stuff.

Dumbass, I never paid union dues because I worked for the union. Nice try dumbass.

And I do think this doctor is a disgrace. I love his quote about never turning away a patient. Good stuff.

You're a leech then. Union employees should pay dues, just like everyone else. Some animals are more equal than others.

Back to calling people names again, eh? That's usually done when you can't prove your point through logic and persuasion. So, the doctor is a disgrace because he said that he never turned a patient away? I guess in your mind rationed healthcare is way overdue.

You're a leech then. Union employees should pay dues, just like everyone else. Some animals are more equal than others.

I'm a leech because the policy was that employees were not true members of the union and did have to pay dues? Ok <_<

How do you read his lengthy post and arrive at that comment? It's arguably the worst comeback that I've ever read. You've got some sort of listening disease, or reading incapability, I'm sure, because you choose to ignore everything around you.

In so many words he called you a blatant hypocrite who has bought into every piece of bullsh*t in their life, and you say, "nanana, i never paid union dues because I'm in the union". But hey now, he's the dumbass.

How do you read his lengthy post and arrive at that comment? It's arguably the worst comeback that I've ever read. You've got some sort of listening disease, or reading incapability, I'm sure, because you choose to ignore everything around you.

In so many words he called you a blatant hypocrite who has bought into every piece of bullsh*t in their life, and you say, "nanana, i never paid union dues because I'm in the union". But hey now, he's the dumbass.

Because there is no need to read past this:

He knows NOTHING about my beliefs, my career, etc. and assumes everything. No need to respond any more than I did. Oh and I stated I WORKED for the union. Talk about a reading problem.

It's called freedom of speech. As long as he truly hasn't turned away any patients, there is nothing wrong with what he did, and I support his actions, why? Because he's right, this health bill will ultimately lead to health care rationing, I 100% GUARANTEE IT!!

It's called freedom of speech. As long as he truly hasn't turned away any patients, there is nothing wrong with what he did, and I support his actions

I read an article this weekend that Alan Grayson is going after the doctor because the doc's position means he's refusing health care to blacks.

Way to move the conversation forward, Grayson. You should call Obama and see if he can lend you Gary Coleman for a couple of months.