Doctor won't treat Democrats

It's called freedom of speech. As long as he truly hasn't turned away any patients, there is nothing wrong with what he did, and I support his actions, why? Because he's right, this health bill will ultimately lead to health care rationing, I 100% GUARANTEE IT!!

I just believe it's crappy to say because you voted a certain way, as a doctor I am going to tell you to go elsewhere. I have no problem with him having strong beliefs and feelings on the matter, everyone does. I do not believe that he hasn't or won't turn someone away.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just believe it's crappy to say because you voted a certain way, as a doctor I am going to tell you to go elsewhere. I have no problem with him having strong beliefs and feelings on the matter, everyone does. I do not believe that he hasn't or won't turn someone away.

You really think that's what this is all about? What team you're on?

I read an article this weekend that Alan Grayson is going after the doctor because the doc's position means he's refusing health care to blacks.

Way to move the conversation forward, Grayson. You should call Obama and see if he can lend you Gary Coleman for a couple of months.

There definitely is a liberal movement out there right now to attempt to caricature the conservative/tea party/GOP movement as a bunch of racist goons that wish ill upon people, of course, only the lemmings and idiots truly believe that, and the good news is that most of the public isn't buying into their race baiting bull ****.

Because there is no need to read past this:

He knows NOTHING about my beliefs, my career, etc. and assumes everything. No need to respond any more than I did. Oh and I stated I WORKED for the union. Talk about a reading problem.

Oh, but I do know things about you. You are careless, stubborn, obtuse and tend to bury your head in the sand.

There definitely is a liberal movement out there right now to attempt to caricature the conservative/tea party/GOP movement as a bunch of racist goons that wish ill upon people, of course, only the lemmings and idiots truly believe that, and the good news is that most of the public isn't buying into their race baiting bull ****.

Not to mention this tidbit from The Hill and this one from CNN.

Way to miscalculate, Libs.

The sad part is that the libs are so disconnected and/or ignorant and/or indifferent to what the majority of America is saying, that all they can do now is claim "racism!" when someone disagrees with them. The only color people have a problem with when it comes to Barry, is red.

The sad part is that the libs are so disconnected and/or ignorant and/or indifferent to what the majority of America is saying, that all they can do now is claim "racism!" when someone disagrees with them. The only color people have a problem with when it comes to Barry, is red.

That's problem with everyone these days. Most people do not want to listen to the other side.

Negative, Negative and Negative. Keep trying though. Assume all you want.

What makes you think I have to assume the negative things I said about you? You have a whole body of snark little replies displaying your stubborness and ignorance, wrapped up nicely in incomplete thoughts disguised as sentences. I eagerly await your brilliant response of "Oh yah, dumbass".

What makes you think I have to assume the negative things I said about you? You have a whole body of snark little replies displaying your stubborness and ignorance, wrapped up nicely in incomplete thoughts disguised as sentences. I eagerly await your brilliant response of "Oh yah, dumbass".

Actually I love to listen to people here. However, the norm is that once someone disagrees with you and your opinion. Their first post is calling someone retarded so something else. What's the point of trying to talk to those people? It's the whole mentality of I am going scream and belittle you because I disagree. Great way to open a conversation/discussion.

You are prime example of that constant mocking tone that goes on around here. You act like you know someone and what they believe in when you don't.

Actually I love to listen to people here. However, the norm is that once someone disagrees with you and your opinion.

I'm waiting for the rest of that sentence

]Their first post is calling someone retarded so something else.

Are you speaking in code? Regardless, I don't make a habit of calling people names. I think it is best to get your point across by using logic and persuasion.

What's the point of trying to talk to those people? It's the whole mentality of I am going scream and belittle you because I disagree. Great way to open a conversation/discussion.

You are prime example of that constant mocking tone that goes on around here. You act like you know someone and what they believe in when you don't.

One case in point. You are too lazy to even proofread your posts. Or, maybe it's something different.

One case in point. You are too lazy to even proofread your posts. Or, maybe it's something different.

Lazy... maybe. Could be I don't care that much or that I would like to get something down and get back to work. Thanks for checking though.

Lazy... maybe. Could be I don't care that much or that I would like to get something down and get back to work. Thanks for checking though.

So, you are a former union employee who may be lazy and doesn't much care about the quality of his work or even how complete it is? I guess I understand.

I think if Doctors weren't so worried about malpractice/frivolous law suits/costs due to, you'd see a pretty quick reversal.

The problem is the cost of life.

By what you say, the pendulum would shift back to doctors playing God... Giving care they deem appropriate. There has to be a happy medium. Again, something has to keep the doctors in check or they would resort to playing God. We are dealing with human nature here. The same thing you rail about the gov't/unions/etc.. also applies heres.

What I am saying is that Doctors need to be worried about something. What a balancing act for society and the profession. The oath alone doesn't quite cut it.

Me personally, I feel doctors and the medical profession (along with a lot of others) are to heavily rewarded. That needs to change.

So, you are a former union employee who may be lazy and doesn't much care about the quality of his work or even how complete it is? I guess I understand.

Wow, again assuming and putting words into peoples mouths. Typical. Not I do not care that much about posting. It's for fun, even though you like to think of it as work... it's not.

Within my career, my work is stellar.

The problem is the cost of life.

By what you say, the pendulum would shift back to doctors playing God... Giving care they deem appropriate. There has to be a happy medium. Again, something has to keep the doctors in check or they would resort to playing God. We are dealing with human nature here. The same thing you rail about the gov't/unions/etc.. also applies heres.

What I am saying is that Doctors need to be worried about something. What a balancing act for society and the profession. The oath alone doesn't quite cut it.

Me personally, I feel doctors and the medical profession (along with a lot of others) are to heavily rewarded. That needs to change.

Actually, no it doesn't. Without being highly rewarded, you'll get no one going into it, or at least, you'll get unqualified people going into it. Why would someone spend tons of time studying during 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and at least 3 years of residency, all the while racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt and not making a real salary until at the earliest 30 years old, if there's no reward at the end of it all?

What needs to change is the way America takes care of their bodies. And removing the entitlement mentality. Without doing that, health care costs will never decrease.

And it's not that there should be NO malpractice awards, just not the frivolous suits and excessive payouts. I agree that there should be a worry beyond wanting to do what's best for the patient. But hey, maybe everyone should be worried about getting sued for doing a ****ty job at work. Why just stop at doctors?

And you'd be better-served having a panel of doctors and medical personnel (who have been involved in taking care of you) determining your care than bureaucrats. That's why the government taking over health care will lead to "death panels" and value judgments regarding your worth to society and thus your fitness to live, for "the greater good."