The Bills' 2010 Draft - 1.09 Basic Logic Chart

1B4IDie

If Okung is there take him (not likely)

if not then if Beluga is there take him (less likely)

if not then If Derrick Morgan is there (take him) *

If not then take Jimmy Clausen (not a fan but he is growing on me)

If not then Spillers most likely will be on the board (look for trading partner)

If no trade available then the Bills are screwed maybe Trent Williams RT \McClain (this is not ideal but you got to work with what happens)

*The more and more I think of options and 1.09.

The more and more I'm getting comfortable with Derrick Morgan not saying he is #1 on the list but given who will be drafted #1-8, he could be a good safety net pick

If you look at the tackles:

Okung will be gone.

Buluga is likely to be gone as well. (If he is there you need to give some prayers of thanks, and he will be the no-brain-er pick {ike Orapko was a no-brain-er last year})

The Consensus on Trent Williams is that he will be an NFL RT (Which we need.)

The drop off in talent to the next group of Tackles is pretty big.

Bruce Campbell is a athletic RAW freak.

Anthony Davis is a knucklehead

Derrick Morgan is going to be a good DE with stud potential, plus if Gaily helped recruit him and or already knows if he has the right personality to be successful it makes even more sense.

If Derrick Morgan is there at 9 it would be nice to have someone that can put pressure on a QB and if Maybi ever transitions to a LB and if he can rush on the same side or opposite, that could be nice. (Maybi getting significant, deserved PT is a thing of dreams)

Dan Williams from Tennessee is starting to pop up in my reading a needed Big Ugly, will never get big stats but can help with our horrible run defense. Him and Stoud on the same line gives us some beef in the middle. But he may be more of 4-3 player.

If no tackle is taken is taken at 1.09

Then at 2.09 Charles Brown, USC (Raw needs weight) or Rodger Saffold (Talked about as the "sleeper LT" of the draft) should be there. Both of those players are maybe less raw talent or less practice than Anthony Davis but also less knucleheadeness.

Wow!! I have been saying a lot of what your saying and it's refreshing to read a post from someone who obviously keeps

very close tabs to what is going on and should be going on with the Bills...(Thank you) I almost choked on my drink (water..lol) when I read what you said about B. Orakapo !!! I was so upset last year when he landed in our laps and we passed for the 4th or 5th rated DE in Aaron Maybe Maybin! Nothing like going for the severly undersized player! I have also

been studying up on all the college players and have been saying that if our initial needs cannot be filled with the 9th pick

(OLT, QB, DT) then I am more than fine with Derrick Morgan who was rated as high as DT SUH at his position by the Sporting News Draft Guide...8.6 and higher than any other players in the draft !! Like you, I agree that having many former

G/Tech coaches on our staff including Gailey would probably mean that there would be a strong consideration for this future "Rush LB". I didn't realize the talent that Georgia Tech had on their squad either as they have a top notch WR and a couple of other players that are intriguing as well. I really would be disappointed if we drafted Trent Williams at number 9..I have read some good things about him, but also that he has a tendancy to be lazy during practice and he sometimes

takes plays off during games. He sounds like another OT we knew quite well named Williams! I would be satisfied if we

got any of these players in the first round: B. Bulaga, J. Clausen, D. Morgan, R. Okung (unlikely), McCoy (unlikely), Suh (.000001 chance), So relistically Bulaga or Clausen and if not then Morgan!! :lol: