We're not spending enough on Education

The answer to we're not spending enough on education in this country is a simple implementation of the following.

Give every teacher a $100k salary for life, let them retire at 45 if they have 5 years of service.

Also pay for their health care insurance entirely - for life.

Build bigger more modern schools with a class size of five - maximum.

Hire three administrators for each teacher in the "trenches".

Have classes four hours a day for four days a week.

School runs from October through May - with December and January off.

Then plant pizza trees and wait with great anticipation for the crop to ripen.

Well, I am glad to see that you are all very productive today.

Well, pShill, since many of us do contribute something of value on occasion we are on the plus side of being productive. You on the other hand can't claim that.

Well, pShill, since many of us do contribute something of value on occasion we are on the plus side of being productive. You on the other hand can't claim that.

If you are claiming posting to a message board as being productive. Then I guess I wasn't very far off in my assumption earlier. DING!! Your fries are ready.

If you are claiming posting to a message board as being productive. Then I guess I wasn't very far off in my assumption earlier. DING!! Your fries are ready.

Actually it isn't necessarily the "posting" that is productive. If you didn't have such a closed mind you might find that sometime you "learn" something from other people's posts. The 56k claim and subsequent obstinance was/is a prime example of a feeble and closed mind.

I can't say much about how much is being spent, but what is being spent isn't spent well. Tenure has to go and difficulty of material has to go up- way up. Classes and school days should be longer and vacation time should be much shorter.

The whole infrastructure of the system needs to be rebuilt to be more efficient, and failure has to be accepted. Not everyone should go to college

Oh come on man, we don't need that thread bleeding into other threads.

Screw that, we're going to link to it everywhere*.

*Meaning "everywhere except the exceptions I tack on later so's I can claim you didn't understand me the first time."