41. Buffalo Bills — Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

1B4IDie

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peter-S...ck-draft-032410

This is the first time that Golden Tate has been on my radar as far as a possibility for the Buffalo Bills.

I have to say, I don't think its likely, but if the Bills pass on Clausen and take a tackle, do you think Tate would be a good fit in Red, White, and Bills' Blue?

Both lines are in need of bolstering, after the D-Line and O-Line it is WR\QB as the next big holes to fill. You can find a decent developmental RT\Gs in later rounds, you can also find decent developmental D-Line man in later rounds.

Golden Tate seems to be on the other-side of almost every Clausen highlight I see. If you're down on Claussen are you up on Tate?

A D-Lineman, O-Lineman, and QB\WR must be taken in the first 3 picks. I was leaning towards QB but Tate does look special. The more you read about him, I don't think you could question Tate's "leadership" or "dedication."

Prior to Schrager's article, I was seeing him involved with the Jets & Pats and fearing having to watch him eat up the defense two times a year.

Not advocating but thought it would be interesting to hear your perspective.

I like Tate and think he improved his physical play last season, but I would be wary of drafting another small WR when we've already tied up a lot in Evans. But mostly, I think the weaknesses in other areas are so significant that the Bills simply can't afford to spend any picks in the first 4-5 rounds on WR/RB/DB.

Tate is awesome. he's not a burner, but he can go deep. he catches anything that hits his hands. he might be small, but he's physical ala steve smith. unfortunately, like KD said, the bills have way too many holes to afford themselves Tate who more than likely wouldn't be able to be utilized correctly.

On the one hand, the Bills need to stock up on wide receiver talent. In order to be a play-off team they will eventually need to draft several wide receivers early in the draft over the next several years.

On the other hand, the Bills desperately need to bolster both the offensive and defensive lines. Since the offensive lineman take more time to develop. The Bills should draft those players this year and wait till next year to draft wide receivers.

Tate is awesome. he's not a burner, but he can go deep. he catches anything that hits his hands. he might be small, but he's physical ala steve smith. unfortunately, like KD said, the bills have way too many holes to afford themselves Tate who more than likely wouldn't be able to be utilized correctly.

Sounds like Josh Reed out of LSU a few years ago.

The guy is incredibly strong. Run after catch yards will be huge with him. He has great hands. After watching both Tate and Josh Reed over the years, I think it is a weak comparison. Reed was never explosive, simply a move the sticks receiver. Tate will produce big plays.

I liked Tate a lot after watching him playh in college. I'm a little weary about how his game translates in the NFL, where CB's and S's are bigger, stronger and faster.

I think his success will really depend on what team selects him. If it's a solid team toward the back end of round #1, I obviuosly think he stands a much better chance.

For some reason he kind of reminds me of Josh Reed.

IMO, Golden Tate is talented enough to be a Wes Welker type player. I would love him on the Bills.

I doubt he'll slip to 41 though. He is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best receiver available. And the success of Wes Welker and DeSean Jackson have made small-burners (water bugs in the words of Gailey) a trendy player to have on your roster, I just can't fathom the guy goes in the early 2nd round.

But, if he is there at 41 I hope the Bills scoop him up.

Reed won the Freddy Bilitnikoff award, IIRC.

I see similarities between Tate and Josh Reed. (Reed was a strong dude) Tate is faster than Reed ever was and Tate has maybe more of RB mentality after he gets the ball but the two have more in common than they have differences.

For the money Josh Reed is exactly what the Bills need, sticky hands out of the slot. Makes 3rd down catches. Don't really get letting him go. He struggled with injuries early but turned into a steady hand reliable option the last couple years.

Maybe he wants a chance to be a somebody. If we don't go WR in the draft we could still resign him but in the GOBBs (Good 'ole Buddy Boy System) he probably doesn't have connections anymore.

I'd love for the Bills to be in a position to have the luxury to consider drafting a player like Tate, but sadly the team has more fundamental problems that absolutely need fixing in this draft.

I like Tate and think he improved his physical play last season, but I would be wary of drafting another small WR when we've already tied up a lot in Evans. But mostly, I think the weaknesses in other areas are so significant that the Bills simply can't afford to spend any picks in the first 4-5 rounds on WR/RB/DB.

Yep, the very earliest that this team should be touching a WR/RB should be round 5.

The first four rounds need to spent on OT/DT/LB/DE