We Definitely Don't Want to Draft Colt McCoy

McCoy didn't play in the Big 10

Whoops. Shouldve put conference passing records. And I did watch 90% of his games to the a-hole above me. I went to grad school at UT so I have season tickets and I managed to make it to a few road games. The point of my post is not to judge a book by it's cover. But keep coming back with awesome smartass posts that bring nothing to the topic at hand.

If you ever watched Rob Johnson in practices, he was awesome. He almost always through to right person, beautiful looking ball, understood the offence and helped the players around him with the plays. He was one of the greatest practice QBs ever. On the field, with the pressure around him, was a different story obviously. You don't coach on the field however, but in practice.

He probably makes a great teacher for QBs, as he really understood the plays, and how to execute them, and how to go through progressions in theory, even though he struggled with it in actual games. I wouldn't hold having an ex pro QB who stuck around the NFL for more than a few season, no matter how successful was on field, tutor an amateur.

A lot of times, the backups and even 3rd string QBs who stick around pros for more than a few seasons get to understand the coaching side of play QB, better than the starter in some ways. They often relay in the plays and help the starter learn the game plan and go over film with him to find ways to help find things may have missed or give look at from different viewpoint. That role is not unlike the role that Rob is playing for Colt according to this, and he did that for several years for a lot of different QBs not named Flutie. Now if he had Flutie as his mentor, then yes would be worried, as dividing locker rooms seems to have been his specialty.

I doubt Flutie would have had half the success he had with the bills, if Rob hadn't been their either honestly. Not because Rob tutored him in any way, but the rest of the offense was helped significantly by Rob in practices, due to the way he understood the offense and guided the younger players on the team. Flutie was not type to put the time in or go out of his way for anyone but himself. Plus if Flutie was better when he didn't have to start too many games in a row. If teams had a chance to game plan him and prepare too much, the "magic" wasn't so special. Having a true pocket QB as the other starter on and off, made defenses game plan like we had a QB that could throw the ball down the field, which helped a gadget player like Flutie a ton.

Back to point, I think a player like Johnson is an ideal choice as a short term mentor/coach for players just coming out of college to help them prepare for the huge jump to the next level.

I'll take Flutie history & athleticism ( college , CFL, & NFL) over num nuts Johnson anytime . Getting the Bills to the brink of the play offs had nothing to do with Johnson other than his lousey butt wasn't on the field . Flutie was the leader of that team and every body on the team including num nuts Johnson that year knew it ,the only one that didn't was Wade Phillips - which will go down in Bills history as one of the stupidest coaching decisions of all time :wallbash: !! Flutie could make split second decisions unlike R :lol: Johnson that's what make the great QB's great & if nothing was there he made something happen 9 times out of 10 . Defenses couldn't game plan for the unexpected & that was Fluties ace in the hole where on the other hand Johnson was just an ace hole . (I need a prozak or something ) I'll bet your the only Bills fan in history that ever had anything good to say about that total waste of Bills time, money & roster space !! WOW !!!!! (CAN YOU TELL I CAN'T STAND R :( J)

I doubt Flutie would have had half the success he had with the bills, if Rob hadn't been their either honestly. Not because Rob tutored him in any way, but the rest of the offense was helped significantly by Rob in practices, due to the way he understood the offense and guided the younger players on the team. Flutie was not type to put the time in or go out of his way for anyone but himself. Plus if Flutie was better when he didn't have to start too many games in a row. If teams had a chance to game plan him and prepare too much, the "magic" wasn't so special. Having a true pocket QB as the other starter on and off, made defenses game plan like we had a QB that could throw the ball down the field, which helped a gadget player like Flutie a ton.

Seriously? You are claiming that Rob (Oww, I fell on a football) Johnson was a master planner type and secretly guided the Bills to the playoffs, but was foiled by Flutie's incompetence?

Flutie was an ass. RJ was a complete failure. I will grant you he might be a competent QB coach. I should note that if you factor in sacks to RJ's and DF's QB rating, DF comes out way ahead.

Check it out for yourselves!

Yeah, these guys all suck because of Rob's tutoring:

QB's Coached by Bob, Bret and Rob Johnson:

Drew Brees - New Orleans

Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay

Jay Cutler - Chicago

Carson Palmer - Cincinnati

Matt Schaub - Houston

Ben Roethlisberger - Pittsbugh

Matt Cassel - Kansas City Kyle Orton - Denver

Trent Edwards - Buffalo

JaMarcus Russel - Oakland

Matthew Stafford - Detroit

Mark Sanchez - New York

Derek Anderson - Cleveland

Pat White - Miami

Yeah, these guys all suck because of Rob's tutoring:

QB's Coached by Bob, Bret and Rob Johnson:

Drew Brees - New Orleans

Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay

Jay Cutler - Chicago

Carson Palmer - Cincinnati

Matt Schaub - Houston

Ben Roethlisberger - Pittsbugh

Matt Cassel - Kansas City Kyle Orton - Denver

Trent Edwards - Buffalo

JaMarcus Russel - Oakland

Matthew Stafford - Detroit

Mark Sanchez - New York

Derek Anderson - Cleveland

Pat White - Miami

i agree with you but for the sake of argument you probably should have left off jamarcus russell, trent edwards, and matt cassel...

And why is that?

Do you have proof?

Any statistics or information to back up this idea of yours?

Or, are you just TRYING to act like you know something?

statistically speaking he's right

bigger question is why do you need to act confrontational?

or are you just trying to act like you know something?