Very important night!

BB27

:ph34r::w00t::D

Another good thing for the Sabres: Avoiding Ottawa in the 1st round, so hopefully the Sens stay 5th and the Sabres can get that 2 seed..that would be nice against the Pens or Devils in the 2nd round to have home ice

now tonight was more like it... just a taste of future ahead.. :lol:

quote name='thebug' date='Apr 1 2010, 03:30 PM' post='1807560']

Go Leafs!

So what that makes you guys 1-11 against us now in the past 2 years... :thumbsup:

Sabres had an off night... shift happens.

Problem: their "off nights" always come when they're least welcome.

yeah, but it shouldn't hurt to much, so an off night now isn't too bad. They need 4 points in their last 5 games to clinch (assuming Ottawa runs the table). If they can't do that, they shouldn't be in the playoffs...

Problem: their "off nights" always come when they're least welcome.

They're playing for next to nothing at this point. They'll win the division easily. The only question is the 2 or the 3 seed. Ok, there's a home ice in the 2nd round issue there, but in the big picture, it really isn't that big of a deal.

They're playing for next to nothing at this point. They'll win the division easily. The only question is the 2 or the 3 seed. Ok, there's a home ice in the 2nd round issue there, but in the big picture, it really isn't that big of a deal.

I don't want anything to do with Ottawa in the first round, they can't beat them.

I don't want anything to do with Ottawa in the first round, they can't beat them.

Agreed. I don't want to play Ottawa at all. I hope they lose before we have to face them.

The only possible way Buffalo can face Ottawa in the 1st round is if Buffalo is the 3 seed and Ottawa is the 6. In order for that to happen, one of Philly, Boston, or Montreal would have to win out their 5 remaining games and Ottawa would have to lose all 4 of their remaining games in regulation. That doesn't even include the possibility of Buffalo finishing 2nd. In other words, it's not happening.

edit: I take that back. It is also possible for Buffalo-Ottawa to face each other in the 2-7 matchup, but that would involve Ottawa losing out AND two of that Philly/Boston/Montreal logjam winning out their last 5 games. I have no idea if this is actually possible or not because I'm too lazy to look up whether or not these teams face each other.

The only possible way Buffalo can face Ottawa in the 1st round is if Buffalo is the 3 seed and Ottawa is the 6. In order for that to happen, one of Philly, Boston, or Montreal would have to win out their 5 remaining games and Ottawa would have to lose all 4 of their remaining games in regulation. That doesn't even include the possibility of Buffalo finishing 2nd. In other words, it's not happening.

edit: I take that back. It is also possible for Buffalo-Ottawa to face each other in the 2-7 matchup, but that would involve Ottawa losing out AND two of that Philly/Boston/Montreal logjam winning out their last 5 games. I have no idea if this is actually possible or not because I'm too lazy to look up whether or not these teams face each other.

Assuming the Sabres take the division, it's either going to be Pittsburgh or NJ versus Ottawa in the first round. It would be great if it were Pittsburgh, that would be an awesome first round matchup...

So what that makes you guys 1-11 against us now in the past 2 years... :lol:

Sabres had an off night... shift happens.

7 Leaf rookies in the line-up. This is just the start of the Leafs future dominance over the Sabres. The Leafs have sucked for a long time, but the future looks bright. That game was like the Bills beating the Pats* (for leaf fans) at the end of the season when it doesn't matter of course.

Assuming the Sabres take the division, it's either going to be Pittsburgh or NJ versus Ottawa in the first round. It would be great if it were Pittsburgh, that would be an awesome first round matchup...

According to a Sens fan I was talking to yesterday, Ottawa traditionally has trouble with New Jersey. I have no idea how accurate that is, but if it is, I'm sure that will make you happy too. Personally, I'm at a point where I could care less about any potential 2nd round opponent. I have no idea what to expect from this team in the 1st round. So many different things can happen in that round that completely change any future opponent and the chances against them.