Donte Whitner traded for McNabb? On his twitter.

PIZ

Y'all might be interested in one of his tweets from last night:

Sorry if my tweets were REAL tonite...I'll send out FAKE tweets tommorrow..

about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter

Y'all might be interested in one of his tweets from last night:

Sorry if my tweets were REAL tonite...I'll send out FAKE tweets tommorrow..

about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter

I'll get you my Donte, and your little dog too!!!!!!

Just goes to show how much Americans are suckers. We're looking at a social networking site for news.

:ph34r:

Why are people suckers? Would you rather read someone else's account of the news or judge the first person's view?

Why are people suckers? Would you rather read someone else's account of the news or judge the first person's view?

I guess my two statements didn't exactly coincide with each other. :ph34r:

We're suckers in that we read something and assume it's true. Not everyone, but enough people to start regurgitating it elsewhere so that it makes it around the internet to the news to Sportscenter and then everyone thinks it's true. Especially today, but it happens year-round.

Separately....

I hate how we're looking to Twitter & Facebook for news. We see posts from "celebrities" or pro athletes and get what they see as what's really happening. Unfortunately, the majority of them aren't bright enough to realize the whole world will see it...hence, can of worms is open. It's out of control now and there's probably no way to stop it, but social networking sites should never be taken seriously.

I guess my two statements didn't exactly coincide with each other. :ph34r:

We're suckers in that we read something and assume it's true. Not everyone, but enough people to start regurgitating it elsewhere so that it makes it around the internet to the news to Sportscenter and then everyone thinks it's true. Especially today, but it happens year-round.

Separately....

I hate how we're looking to Twitter & Facebook for news. We see posts from "celebrities" or pro athletes and get what they see as what's really happening. Unfortunately, the majority of them aren't bright enough to realize the whole world will see it...hence, can of worms is open. It's out of control now and there's probably no way to stop it, but social networking sites should never be taken seriously.

Or you can look at it as evolution of news. At one point, the telephone was dismissed as a useless device that wastes people's time.

All this means is that now you have to apply a different filter to the first hand account that you read. The twittee may be a knucklehead, or worse the moronic live streams that Lynch & co would broadcast from their living rooms, but all they're doing is providing information & news. To me that source is much better than a transcribed story in the traditional news outlets. Some people like to have their news processed and packaged, and there will always be a market for that. Most of the time, though I prefer to get the first hand account and make my own conclusion of what I read or heard.