Painting A Room...

Just stripped some horrible wallpaper form a few rooms in my house and I have to pick some paint colors. I am the farthest thing from a home decorator and live by myself. Any ideas or resources that can help me pick some nice color combos? I am resigned to the fact that Camo might hurt the resale value and isn't that trendy.

Just stripped some horrible wallpaper form a few rooms in my house and I have to pick some paint colors. I am the farthest thing from a home decorator and live by myself. Any ideas or resources that can help me pick some nice color combos? I am resigned to the fact that Camo might hurt the resale value and isn't that trendy.

1. Get a girlfriend and have her pick out the colors

or

2. Go to home depot or lowes and have one of their paint people help you out.

In the long run option 2 will be much easier on your wallet and your emotional well being.

I know a lot about paint...and little about decorating.

This might help:

http://www.colorwheelco.com/mm5/merchant.m...ategory_Code=CW

You will never go wrong with off-white, semi-glossy or glossy trim.

Also - ask the paint seller for tips. They know this stuff. Nothing against the Lowes and Home Depot stores, but perhaps go to a company that exclusively sells paint - like a Sherwin-Williams franchise, and see what they recommend.

I know a lot about paint...and little about decorating.

This might help:

http://www.colorwheelco.com/mm5/merchant.m...ategory_Code=CW

You will never go wrong with off-white, semi-glossy or glossy trim.

Also - ask the paint seller for tips. They know this stuff. Nothing against the lowes and Home Depot stores, but perhaps go to a company that exclusively sells paint - like a Sherwin-Williams franchise, and see what they recommend.

Good advice. White or off white is always a solid choice for interior paint. Be careful about asking a chick for help in picking colors. You may end up with some pastel that could affect your manhood in a negative way. One tip - use semi-gloss instead of flat on your walls,it is way easier to clean. Stuff will just wipe off instead of sticking and staining.

Look at your furnishings...note colors...find colors that compliment them.

What compliments a poker table, gun safe, and dome hockey game? (don't have the dome hockey yet, but I am looking) I'm shooting for something more daring than white or off white, but nothing too crazy.

I just got rid of a wife, so not in any hurry to bring in another woman to tell me what to do!

What compliments a poker table, gun safe, and dome hockey game? (don't have the dome hockey yet, but I am looking) I'm shooting for something more daring than white or off white, but nothing too crazy.

I just got rid of a wife, so not in any hurry to bring in another woman to tell me what to do!

NG is a smart guy, listen to what he says.

Personally I like deep colors...finally got my wife to agree on painting the dinning room and "library" a deep green...she says a few days later, I don't know why we never tried that color before, it's great!". :rolleyes:

I did my living room a few years ago, going to start the dining room this spring, maybe this weekend.

I did an earth green color, I got the paint for free so the color was picked for me but everybody likes it. With gloss white trim on the windows and floor boards. It came out nice.

Personally I like deep colors...finally got my wife to agree on painting the dinning room and "library" a deep green...she says a few days later, I don't know why we never tried that color before, it's great!". :rolleyes:

I've done that too with deep red. You want to make sure you're getting enough natural light though, so it's not too cave-like.

c-wing...a nice blue/gray works in the bedroom. Puts your guests at ease.

I'm leaning toward a shade of green. Can't decide between light or dark though.

If you have alot of light from windows you can go dark.

I wish I could post a pick of my living room to show you. It's a shade lighter than grass green. If it was me I would go light green.

Playboy centerfolds from wall to wall

Dude, where did you get that awesome photo of Congressman Alan Grayson?

Chknwng, the paint websites like Behr (here) are awesome. You can pick the the type of room, layout, and add colors to the walls. They also give recommendations for complementary colors for trim/border, and then allow you to save the colors, bring them to Home Depot/whereever, and they'll get you the amount you need based on the size of the room. They really make it pretty easy to pick what you like.