Interesting Notes On Bradford

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...draft-contract/

The only reason I say that is because they referenced the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers situation from before. Everyone knew Eli wasn't going to play in San Diego, but they drafted him anyway. Could Bradford be taking this stance because he doesn't want to be in St. Louis? Just a thought.

The only reason I say that is because they referenced the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers situation from before. Everyone knew Eli wasn't going to play in San Diego, but they drafted him anyway. Could Bradford be taking this stance because he doesn't want to be in St. Louis? Just a thought.

Washington will trade up to take Bradford. St Louis would rather trade down, and has tenuous ownership that doesn't want to pay absurd money to #1 pick

Take him first overall anyway and let him sit out the year if he chooses.

And let him go back in the draft the next year? Man, that would be a major waste of that pick, particularly when your alternative is Ndamakong Suh for ten years.

And let him go back in the draft the next year? Man, that would be a major waste of that pick, particularly when your alternative is Ndamakong Suh for ten years.

Keep in mind though, that it would be hard to justify paying Suh him Albert Haynesworth type money when, especially when he hasn't played a down yet. They almost HAVE to go QB...unless they shock everyone and take Okung.

That would be a big waste on a No.1 pick to do that.

Bradford would be costing himself a ton of money, even moreso if there's a lockout next year. The Rams have more leverage than any other #1 overall pick team in recent memory.

He has no leverage, nor did Eli.

That worked out because 2 teams drafted QBs that either team would be happy with.

Unless you have Clausen and know that St. Louis would be happy with Clausen you aint got squatney.

Chances that Bradford plays in Buffalo as a Bill? Also squatney.

He has no leverage, nor did Eli.

That worked out because 2 teams drafted QBs that either team would be happy with.

Unless you have Clausen and know that St. Louis would be happy with Clausen you aint got squatney.

Chances that Bradford plays in Buffalo as a Bill? Also squatney.

Beerball is right--there is no Phil Rivers to this Eli Manning. Bradford will be a Ram playing in St. Louis.

Bradford seems like a good dude but the thought of spending the #1 overall pick and all the money that goes with it would scare the hell out me. Playing in a dome would be best for him but throwing in shorts with no pass rush won't get rid of my fears. I'd draft Suh, build a dominant d line, and hope to get a QB next year.

Bradford seems like a good dude but the thought of spending the #1 overall pick and all the money that goes with it would scare the hell out me. Playing in a dome would be best for him but throwing in shorts with no pass rush won't get rid of my fears. I'd draft Suh, build a dominant d line, and hope to get a QB next year.

even if you've drafted DTs two years running? (I believe that's where SL is sitting, correct me if I'm wrong)

even if Gil Brandt (pretty widely accepted most outstanding personnel evaluator) says Bradford's workout is the best he's seen since Aikman?

If you're sitting at 1 and you can draft that kid...you do. No ifs, ands or buts. He's a Ram.

What if Sam Bradford came out and said "I will ONLY play for Buffalo... bottom line."

Wow that idea just crossed my mind after reading it and I got chills...okay so anyway...any football player that ever mutters those words will undoubtedly get puzzled looks...but maybe not after we go on our Super Bowl runs... :rolleyes:

even if you've drafted DTs two years running? (I believe that's where SL is sitting, correct me if I'm wrong)

even if Gil Brandt (pretty widely accepted most outstanding personnel evaluator) says Bradford's workout is the best he's seen since Aikman?

If you're sitting at 1 and you can draft that kid...you do. No ifs, ands or buts. He's a Ram.

You were close but they drafted Carriker (DT, who missed last year with an injury) and Chris Long (DE). Spags basically saw firsthand what a dominant d-line could do for you. Every draft pick is a huge gamble but Suh seems about as safe as they come. Wit ha d line like that, every part of their defense improves and they will be able to stay in a lot of games. That alone will make life easier for a young QB.

This is a very tough call because you never want to pass on a franchise QB. And as impressive as his workout was, he still hasn't gotten hit yet. The Sooners had a great oline and he got banged up there. The Rams have a bunch of holes in their oline. I understand why you would draft Bradford but personally, I'd go with Suh and feel a lot safer about things.