My first time curling

After watching curling non-stop during the Olympics I decided to try my hand. A local curling club hosted an open house today. I dug it but I really need to get some ice time alone to work on my technique. It's real easy to wind up on your rear end.

PTR

Here's what I need to know:

You drink when you curl, right? I'm really hoping that like bowling, casual participants drink when they go curling. I mean Canadians curl, so there must be drinking involved. Right?

Here's what I need to know:

You drink when you curl, right? I'm really hoping that like bowling, casual participants drink when they go curling. I mean Canadians curl, so there must be drinking involved. Right?

Yes. JW mentioned that whenever he covered a major tournament, if he needed anyone for an interview, he could usually find them in the beer tent.

Talked to Amy Moritz at the beginning of the week. She'd just tried it for the first time the day before, and told me it's a lot harder than it looks, but she had an absolute blast. Now I want to try it ...

Add: Figured she would have blogged about it, and she did:

http://amymoritz.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/...nd-the-details/

Yes. JW mentioned that whenever he covered a major tournament, if he needed anyone for an interview, he could usually find them in the beer tent.

Talked to Amy Moritz at the beginning of the week. She'd just tried it for the first time the day before, and told me it's a lot harder than it looks, but she had an absolute blast. Now I want to try it ...

Add: Figured she would have blogged about it, and she did:

http://amymoritz.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/...nd-the-details/

Me too. Actually I always thought it looked like fun. I like shuffleboard (bar shuffleboard, that is) and bocce, so curling fits right in there. Although I have to say I found it more appealing with the brooms. Those damn brushes have stripped the game of its sex appeal, IMO. :lol:

Me too. Actually I always thought it looked like fun. I like shuffleboard (bar shuffleboard, that is) and bocce, so curling fits right in there. Although I have to say I found it more appealing with the brooms. Those damn brushes have stripped the game of its sex appeal, IMO. :lol:

fixed

:flirt::beer: